• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2012 babies!

Wendy that's great! It's a nice feeling isn't it?!
Buster, it can be sign of twins or a girl or maybe implanted sooner than your last?

Hi Everyone,

I'm pregnant with my first baby at 39! I don't know about everyone else, but I was barraged by so many articles/people/even doctors saying how hard it would be for me to get pregnant, that the whole idea of trying was very stressful. Surprisingly, we were able to get pregnant on our first try. I expected it to be so much harder and I am extremely grateful as I know how hard it can be for so many of us at this age.

Due December 8th, three weeks before I turn 40! No spotting and no morning sickness. We had our first doctor's appointment on April 18th and were able to get a scan as well as hear the heartbeat. It truly felt 'real' after we saw our tiny little baby on the screen.

For those of you suffering from nausea and morning sickness, I HIGHLY recommend acupuncture. I started going in March when we decided to start trying. It helps prepare the uterus for pregnancy and in general brings more blood to the uterus in your first trimester. It also really, really helps with morning sickness and exhaustion.

Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Wendy that's great! It's a nice feeling isn't it?!
Buster, it can be sign of twins or a girl or maybe implanted sooner than your last?

Twins - maybe not, girl would be great as have 2 boys already, having said that I adore my boys so would be very happy with another and of course if twins double the blessing just a little getting used to I'd imagine:wacko:

Welcome ttc, congrats on your 1st pg such a special time, don't even think about your age, when your ready your ready and just don't listen to any negative comments coming your way.:hugs:

hiya:)

I am pregnant with my first! Wow.. it feels weird to write that actually lol Congrats to everyone else btw:) I am still adjusting to the whole reality of it. I am 5 weeks and 1 day so into my sixth week. I know the first scan is a biggie. Nervous about that one...

I am due late December unless I go the Csection route in which case I will be scheduled for Dec 20th. I am torn about which way to go on that one there seem to be negatives both ways so I am procrastinating...

ok I am rambling now...sorry. Cant wait to read about how everyone is progressing and to get to know you all :)

Madeline xxx

Hi Everyone,

I'm pregnant with my first baby at 39! I don't know about everyone else, but I was barraged by so many articles/people/even doctors saying how hard it would be for me to get pregnant, that the whole idea of trying was very stressful. Surprisingly, we were able to get pregnant on our first try. I expected it to be so much harder and I am extremely grateful as I know how hard it can be for so many of us at this age.

Due December 8th, three weeks before I turn 40! No spotting and no morning sickness. We had our first doctor's appointment on April 18th and were able to get a scan as well as hear the heartbeat. It truly felt 'real' after we saw our tiny little baby on the screen.

For those of you suffering from nausea and morning sickness, I HIGHLY recommend acupuncture. I started going in March when we decided to start trying. It helps prepare the uterus for pregnancy and in general brings more blood to the uterus in your first trimester. It also really, really helps with morning sickness and exhaustion.

Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Congratulations hun. :wohoo:

I never got MS with my last pregnancy but over the last few days i have felt a little nausea so i think i will look into accupuncture just in case. :)

hiya:)

I am pregnant with my first! Wow.. it feels weird to write that actually lol Congrats to everyone else btw:) I am still adjusting to the whole reality of it. I am 5 weeks and 1 day so into my sixth week. I know the first scan is a biggie. Nervous about that one...

I am due late December unless I go the Csection route in which case I will be scheduled for Dec 20th. I am torn about which way to go on that one there seem to be negatives both ways so I am procrastinating...

ok I am rambling now...sorry. Cant wait to read about how everyone is progressing and to get to know you all :)

Madeline xxx

Congratulations hun :wohoo:

which ever route you take it will be truely magical. :)

I'm feeling great today. :)

My boobs are not as sore as they have been and although i felt a little sick earlier after eating something i felt fine. I am going to enjoy this lack of symptoms for as long as i can. :)

How are you all today?

hi Wendy thks and congrats to u to:) we r not that far apart from each other. I hope the symptoms free continues :)

congrats ttcnyc thats great news:) wow hearing the heartbeat must have been amazing :)

Madeline xxx

Welcome ttcnyc! Lucky you getting knocked up on the first try - congrats!! :thumbup:

:wave: Madeline - congrats!!! This is my first too - it's so exciting isn't it?!

Wendy - yay for lack of symptoms! :happydance:

afm - Just counting down to scan day now. 5 days to go. I soooo hope there's something there!

hi manuiti

congrats on your first! it is exciting:)

madeline xxx

Hi everyone. I am 38 and my SO is 39 and we are expecting our first one together (we have 2 daughters from his first marriage) December 3 or 4. We had a mc in December and conceived again after two periods (I am fertile!). My midwives are wonderful and think I am the perfect age for my pregnancy. We have had our first scan and saw the heartbeat. Due to my tilted uterus, we could not hear it yet but will try again at my 12 week appointment. I have opted to not have another ultrasound until 18 weeks unless something feels like it is wrong.

I am excited and not as nervous as I was when I was pregnant the first time. I have some nausea, my appetite comes and goes, my sleep pattern is wacky, I am exhausted most of the time and my boobs are tender all of the time BUT I will take it all for a sticky peanut.

I hope we all have a happy and healthy 9 months (or 7 now since I have made it to month 3).

Morning ladies :hugs: sorry I've been MIA for a few days, I've been:sick: morning,noon and night, it got better for a few days and then BAM it kicked back in even worse then it was. Even the screen scrolling makes me queasy:wacko: Thankfully there should only be a few more weeks of this:haha::haha:

Garnet- so glad to see you :hugs::hugs:

Manuiti- can't wait for your scan

Wendy- you must be welcoming the symptoms:thumbup:

Hi and congrats to everyone and to all the new ladies:hugs::hugs: Yahhhhhh more babies:baby::thumbup:

Hi everyone, I am 41 and my SO is 43 and I am *fingers crossed* 5 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage in December. My edd is 12.22.12. I am terrified that something will be horribly wrong on my first scan, which is May 2. I have a 16 and 12 year old daughters from my first marriage. My SO has no children and is sort of looking like a deer in the headlights after the December miscarriage. Just praying the scan shows a yolk sac and that there's a bean in there...

Syberspaced- I hope everything turns out well for you with this pregnancy :hugs::hugs:

How is everyone doing in this December thread?
I'm doing alright. Bit like Saucysac said above. Tender boobs, tired and odd sleep patterns. Not that may sleep patterns are much good doing shift work anyway!
Haven't yet been sick but been feeling quite nauseous driving to and from work!

Thanks ladies for the welcome.

Welcome to all the new ladies!

6w, 4d... Starting to debate diclectin or not. I have been vomiting more and more. 4 times this morning and then felt sick after lunch until now. But those pills make me so tired that I can't function on them. I'm pretty tired as it is! I have a scan booked for May 14th. I had one on 4w, 6d to date the pg. so this time it'll be noise to see a baby and hb. 1 w and 5 d away, but who's counting? LOL!!!

Really enjoying reading others stories.

How are are the December mamas doing today?

I just had my first scan, the tech was able to get and hear the heartbeat, 133 bpm's, and beanie measures at 6 weeks, 6 days. I am still terrified as I was more than twice this in December (I miscarried at 14 weeks) but I am thrilled they could see something today! My next scan isn't until June 11th, then they will do the non invasive genetics testing. I was offered to do amnio before then, but I think the risk would outweigh the benefit? Anyway, breathing a sigh of relief for the day.

Hope everyone is doing ok!:flower:

syberspaced- that is great news...awww I'm so jealous I want to hear a HB :) I'll be glad to go to the clinic on the 23rd so we can hear the HB etc. scan is booked for the 25th. I'll be 13 weeks by then, things seem to take forever and a day here :wacko:

HPMINI-I hope the morning sickness doen't get to bad for you, I got sick a few times but mostly it was just a nasty queasy feeling :wacko: kinda like constant motion sickness

Terangela- did you get sick in all your pregnancies? Hopefully it won't be too bad :hugs:

Congrats on the heartbeat syberspaced! It is said that it diminishes the risk of mc significantly if not completely so here's to that strong heart.

Terangela - I can't imagine. Like Crystal mine is more a constant feeling of sea sickness with no actual vomiting though it feels like it could happen at anytime. Does food help at all? Bland foods like saltines or white rice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->