December 2012 buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey girls.
I've been MIA for a few days. We finally moved to our new apartment. No internet yet. I was off work on Friday and yesterday due to moving.
The apartment is great all in all but the bathroom sucks big time. No ventilation and no drain on the floor. How are we supposed to get rid of the humidity during winter when you really can't afford to keep the windows opened??? Of course the bathroom itself doesn't have a window. And what are we to do if by some chance the washing machine decides to spill water? A flooded apartment since water has nowhere to go...

Cute bumps, Lolo and Coco! Coco, yours is getting very big. I envy you for looking pregnant Lolo :winkwink:. My bump mostly looks like I've just gained some weight in my stomach area. At least when I'm dressed.
Sadie, thanks for sharing your bump picture.
I see that you moms are already thinking about having another child. That's awesome, go for it. After all, we're still in the TTC section and it wouldn't hurt to have a few TTC ladies around :winkwink:.

Artsie, I'd go for sending out Q's photos. Nothing to lose really. You'd either give him a chance to perform later if he wishes it or get his College fund started. He definitely has a good chance.

I'm not really a scarves wearing sort of person (or in general into accessories), I only wear scarves when I'm outside in winter, under my coat. But I'd still love to be given a home made scarf, made with love and I'd definitely wear it.

Waiting for more from blmom, when they settle in. I also miss hearing from Tina and hopefulmom. How are you girls?

Oh, forgot to mention Lolo's scan pics. Awesome! I especially love the one with crossed feet. My 20 week pics were not very good and I still haven't downloaded them.

Katy, glad the move went well but that sucks about the bathroom, I've had one like that and one quick shower turns it's into a steam room! There are always some compromises to make with houses and apartments. At least you've got a bigger place now and you're closer to work and it's cheaper. Right?
I think we need a new cute bump pic from you !!!!

UGH, my 20 week pics were the worst. All medical, organs, head circumfirance spine etc and nothing cute for the photo album. Sigh.

I've got another scan in 3 days to check growth, going by how much I feel like my belly has grown over the last few weeks I'm sure she's doing great in there, so I'll be sure to specifically ask for some cute pics of my little darling.

Right Coco! New bump pic coming in two days on my V day (24 weeks) :).

Oooooooh I got a real kick out of V day. I kind of sprang up on me and when I realized she'd reached the point where she could, with A LOT OF MEDICAL HELP survive on the outside I was kind of shocked and surprised at just how far we'd come in such a short space of time. Whoop whoop to V day coming up!!!

Artsie have you seen the new Sears commercial (where the dad is chasing baby around the store?) That could tooootally be Q!
https://tvcfblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/sears-holiday-baby-commercial-song-run.html

As for scarves, I'd like to have an infinity scarf. I don't like silk though, too fancy for me. I'd prefer a gauzy lightweight cotton I think. If we're talking winter warmth then good ol fashioned wool.

Hey ladies, sorry for being MIA. Life and work has a way of catching up when you least expect it.

Lolo - I love love love the pics you got at your 20 week scan and am sooooo jealous I didn't get any thats even half as cute!!! All we got were 2 profile shots! Issn't it awesome that you've gone past the halfway mark? 20 weeks was a huge milestone for me.

Artsie - Totally agree that you shld send Quinn's pictures in. He is so adorable and that hair! Its definitely hard to find boys with a full head at this young age. He is such a dreamy looking baby. Would be perfect in commercials and starting the college fund early is a plus! Oh and in regards to scarves, I just only got into them recently and use them more as an accessory than anything else. I wear it in different ways too, like belt, shawl, tie etc.

Sadie - Wow, loved your belly pic and better late than never! DId you feel like you were going to pop any minute at that stage? I actually cannot imagine my bump getting to that size, I guess we shall see.

Coco - I wish I was as creative as you. The pillow looks awesome. How hard is it to make? I'm not tempted to learn to make one as I found it retailing at about $90 here. How have you managed to keep so slim with that bump? I am so envious. Your bump looks so pretty and round.

Katy - Glad to know that the move went fine. I know its frustrating that the bathroom issn't the best, but hey, at least more space for the baby right? Cheaper rent too! Can't wait for your Vday bump picture!

citymouse sadie and artsie - I can't believe you are thinking about a 2nd baby already. Thats so exciting! How awesome would it be if we could keep this thread running with more babies all the time?

blmom - where oh where are you? we want pics!!!!!

Work has suddenly taken hold of my life as I make up for having slacked so much in the first tri. It's been a busy few weeks leading up to an event this weekend so I havent had much time to log on BnB. Baby Artoo is doing well, she's starting to move around quite a bit and I'm enjoying her movements. Simple reassurance that she's fine. I went a bit crazy during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and bought a bunch of stuff off eBay and other online sites. Mostly some pre-loved clothes for baby and things such as baby monitor etc.

Went on a little adventure yesterday as I took a plane to Malaysia for a business trip. Although it was a short plane ride (about 45 mins each way), I was still slightly nervous. Happy that everything went well and the cab ride to the client's office actually took longer than the plane ride. Over 2 hours sitting in rainy thunderstorm traffic was not fun. All in all though, we had a good meeting and I'm glad I went even though I wasn't too keen on flying while pregnant. Baby Artoo seems to fly fine, although she wiggled around during takeoff and landing.

It seems like this baby thing is getting more real each day and as I creep up to Vday next week, I am so incredibly thankful that the pregnancy has been uneventful. Thank you for all the support you've been giving from TTC up til today. I am really glad we met on this forum and that we can watch our babies grow together. big :hugs: all around!

Aw thanks Ebelle, I am rather fond of my bumpage as it grows and grows and grows.
I honestly don't know how I've managed to stay the same shape and just put all the baby weight in my bump. If I'm honest, I don't really do any exercise at all. naught girl. We have 22 stairs between our ground floor and first floor of which I go up and down at least 10 times a day so that's good. I have a pregnancy yoga DVD gathering dust which I should be doing but I'm not.
The only think I can think of is diet. I'm making sure I eat calcium, protein and enough calories for my stage of pregnancy (not really that much more than normal) and eating as much fruit and veg as I can squeeze in (could probably stand to have more to be honest).
I have a hearty breakfast, a great lunch and the same again for dinner. We work from home so lunch and dinner and cooked whole meals rather than salads or sandwiches on the go.
I don't buy crap though. I am desiring crisps and snacks and chocolate but if I don't buy it and it's not in the house I don't eat it so this is the only thing I can say has really helped not put on too much weight. We cook from scratch (no packets or jars of sauce - DH is a sauce king) and I don't eat 'empty' calories. Every now and then I'll have something naughty but it's rare :shrug:

The pillow was actually easy! I bought a boppy pillow cover, used it as a template, cut out the pieces, pinned them together and sewed it all up. When you can see the finished product and what it should look like it's pretty easy. I just couldn't see myself paying 69 euros (90 US dollars) for something I could make myself. Glad you like it!!

Yay Bmom! I called Tuesday the 27th didn't I?? Woohoo! Can't wait to see him :)

Sadie, I feel for you. Dh is horrible at buying me gifts. What did he get you??

You totally did call the 27th!!!

Katy - in case I don't post tomorrow, happy v day! Look forward to seeing the bump! Around 24 weeks was when my bump started moving from "Is she getting fat?" to "Oh, I think she might be pregnant, should I congratulate or is there a chance she might be really fat?" Of course, I had more on me to start with, so I doubt anyone thinks you're just getting fat! :p

Sorry to hear about the bathroom! The apartment we back in May has an awful tiny bathroom, with our washer in it there is barely enough room for one person to turn around. And the entire toilet and shower is a hideous shade of blue. I've never seen a drain in a bathroom here, unless it were a public one, though!

Lolo - super cute video, you're right! That totally could be Q!

Ebelle - So glad the pregnancy is going so well. I love having you girls to talk to, I think we should all definitely find a way to stay in touch if this thread eventually dies. Shared emails?

Bmom - You're back! How are you feeling?

So I did a lot research and found an agency in New York that looks well known and reputable: https://generationmm.com/

The info page said to email them pictures and if they were interested, they would contact you back within two weeks. I sent them photos yesterday and they emailed me back yesterday and I have an appt. for them to meet Q on Monday! Very exciting, hope Q has lots of smiles come Monday! :)

Happy 23 weeks KatyK!!!! Double didgits are creeping up on you, as is V day!!! Everyone's pregnancy seems to be going by so fast except mine at time. I feel like you'll all have your babies before me, like I'm stuck in limbo. It's weird isn't it?

I felt that way towards the end too Coco--I may have even posted something about it in your journal between you and my friend from high school that was 5 weeks behind me felt like you we're going to pass me lol

Bmom! Where are pictures of the little one?? You're killin me with anticipation

Artsie have you seen the new Sears commercial (where the dad is chasing baby around the store?) That could tooootally be Q!
https://tvcfblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/sears-holiday-baby-commercial-song-run.html

As for scarves, I'd like to have an infinity scarf. I don't like silk though, too fancy for me. I'd prefer a gauzy lightweight cotton I think. If we're talking winter warmth then good ol fashioned wool.

I agree with the infinity scarf suggestion they seem to be all the rage--at least on the west coast.

I'm to hear that people like infinity scarves, because I was making one out of a wool/silk blend. Now I just can't decide the length. I'm so indecisive!

Wow, Artsie, they certainly jumped at the chance to meet little Q!!! I'm sure he'll win them over in about 2 seconds flat. Lots of luck!!!!!!!

Lolo, absolutely. WHERE ARE THE PICS BMOM?????? :haha:

So sorry for the delay in updating you all! I'm still learning with this smart phone and couldn't figure out how to load a pic--we'll see if this works. So little mans stats: born on 11/27/12 at 6:30pm weighing on at 6lbs 14oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches I am beyond thrilled to introduce you all to Lukas William.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
What a good-looking little guy!

Good to hear from you, ebelle!

Bmom - He's beautiful! Is that daddy's hair I spy? Thank you for sharing that cute face! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"