December 21, 2012......

R

robinator

dum dum dummmmmm............

Does anyone think/wonder if anything doomsday-ish will happen?

I see it as the date my Cheezits expire (as printed on the box, lol), but that's it.

i'm not worried about it. but tons of people out there are freaking out. i'll probably just stock up on bottled water and formula just in case lol

Not worried at all :) Being a Christian, I don't believe anyone can truly know the date of "doomsday", but God Himself

The world was supposed to end in 1999 also, every year it changes. Even if it was true what can we do about it anyway ? I am from New York and after 911 we just got used to living in fear for awhile, it became the norm for us. As long as my boys and husband are with me, I am really not afraid of anything. I would hope and I really feel nothing will happen though :flower::flower:

:ignore:

apparently we are meant to get some freak weather due to planetary alignments. I wont look in to it it does freak me a bit. :wacko:

it better not as we're moving home that day!

Being a month away, I must admit I'm surprised the news has not jumped all over this yet (at least in my area). I wonder if coverage will pick up as it gets closer.

I agree with CMarie - Last year my family and I were discussing this and the very next day in my bible study I came across Jeremiah 10:2-5 (and based off the previous night's discussion it jumped out at me). To parahprase, it said not to be afraid of predictions read in the stars, even if other people are: the very ones who read the stars and made the prediction are the same ones who cut down a tree, carve an idol and worship it as if it were from the gods.

Basically it's saying don't trust the stars, but trust the one who made the stars (and he doesn't reveal the future). I think this is why I don't think anything will happen.

is it a religious thing or scientific? remembering the rapture dates past there.

Warren Jeffs, of FLDS fame, made up multiple end-of-world dates for his flock. And when each date came and went with no rapture, he blamed his followers for being too sinful for God to want to come back yet.

I don't even know if you can say it was a religious thing with him; more of a mind control kind of thing.

What was it you called that other guy the old one. I think he has gone in to hiding since the last one last October 21st failed. What is with the 21st dates?

Harold Camping.

I didn't mention another guy, so I'm not sure.....? No idea with the 21st dates, maybe it's a solstice thing? Although I guess there's not a solstice in October, :dohh:

Oh, do you mean Warren Jeffs? He's Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints. Currently in prison in Texas for having sex with underage teenage brides. He was the leader of the Colorado City, Arizona sect.

What was it you called that other guy the old one. I think he has gone in to hiding since the last one last October 21st failed. What is with the 21st dates?

Harold Camping.

^ He was quite amusing, I love how when nothing happened he said it was an invisible change LOL bullsh@te.

i know its not logical but i am petrified of next month. just what if!

TBF, what ifs could happen at anytime I suppose. Its not more likely to happen on anyone day. I do believe we are evolving differently though, more attuned, but I dont believe the world is going to end or physically change.

If I remember, this date is based off the Mayan calendar. Perhaps to them, thinking the world would last until 2012 was unrealistic to them. Perhaps, they just ended their calendar on that day. I'm reminded of this comic though:

https://www.oldstuff4saleshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MyanCal2012.gif

I posted that pic on my facebook the other day. it made me lmao :)

The best part about that last Harold Camping rapture was when there were actually a few earthquakes after midnight that day....freaked some people out for sure. :haha:

But as for December 21st, 2012, no I don't buy it for a second. Kind of mean that they wouldn't wait until AFTER Christmas if it's true though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->