December 21, 2012......

I think we have enough food to get us through 72 hours but that is all. I do want to get some bottled water etc. Have you seen Doomsday Preppers?

The Dooms Day preppers are hardcore! I've seen a couple where their home is basically self sustainable for awhile...making live fish and water and compost, canning their own food etc

No, is it some sort of reality show?

No. It's a documentary that focuses on families who are prepping for the end of the world. Some live in normal houses, and have hideouts in the mountains etc and massive caches of food. One guy even lives in an old missile silo. This is a link to the wikipedia article about the series. It makes me nervous but I enjoy watching it.

I think I would rather be killed outright then to survive and there be nothing left and die slowly.

I think I would rather be killed outright then to survive and there be nothing left and die slowly.

Me too, I don't think I would want to survive if I was just going to die slowly :(

The doomsday preppers programmes are very extreme, they make me feel rather unprepared!

Thats what I always say to OH lol. We have bottled water but thats just general supply not for a "doomsday event".

Yeah I think I would rather just die straight up rather than having to fight for my life and slowly starve to death

I just dont think M would cope for a long period of time!!

Oh this reminds me, did you ever read skyfall TM? x

I was watching a documentary and it was about the worlds population and if we carrying on populating like we are then they have said in as little as 20 to 50 years there will not be enough water, food or energy to sustain most of the population which would then lead to wars - the rich being able to buy the above and the middle class and poor left without x

While I do think overpopulation is a problem, overconsumption will get us to the planet's breaking point much faster.
That is one apocalyptic scenario I worry about. But I feel better about that one because I know that I do have some control over that - I can make responsible choices for myself and my family, work to raise awareness about consumption, etc.

No, is it some sort of reality show?

No. It's a documentary that focuses on families who are prepping for the end of the world. Some live in normal houses, and have hideouts in the mountains etc and massive caches of food. One guy even lives in an old missile silo. This is a link to the wikipedia article about the series. It makes me nervous but I enjoy watching it.

Sounds like my kind of programme! Will definitely look out for it xx

Yeah I think I would rather just die straight up rather than having to fight for my life and slowly starve to death

Me too. My friend's OH is a fireman and he has a lot of books on emergency situations once I was staying over there and reading his book on what to do in the event of a nuclear holocaust, it made for pretty grim reading. It said things like after a few weeks survivors would be up to their knees in human waste but going outside would lead to a quicker but agonising death from radiation poisoning, really couldn't sleep after reading it xx

Me too. My friend's OH is a fireman and he has a lot of books on emergency situations once I was staying over there and reading his book on what to do in the event of a nuclear holocaust, it made for pretty grim reading. It said things like after a few weeks survivors would be up to their knees in human waste but going outside would lead to a quicker but agonising death from radiation poisoning, really couldn't sleep after reading it xx

That sounds like an uplifting read, lol.

I think the people will kill this planet long before some unknown force. :( look at the weapons of mass destruction they have. One of them could wipe half of us out. I am sure theres ones being made they could destroy the entire planet. That sort of stuff should not be allowed.

Yup I am sure war/nuclear missiles will be the end. Have you see countdown to zero?

That sounds like an uplifting read, lol.

:haha: And the thing was this wasn't some crackpot book, it was a real book written for government workers and emergency service personnel xx

That's even worse summer rain :lol: I do love reading stuff like that though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->