December 21, 2012......

I don't what to believe my OH is abit obsessed about it it's to do with the Mayan Calender ending on 21.12.2012 there's lots of different theories some say there is a hidden planet or solar flares will wipe out all electronics some people have even suggested that the bible has a hidden code which says the same date but who knows
I'm surprised media isn't talking about it yet with the date drawing near maybe they not allowed hehe :thumbup:
I know 1 thing tho the kids will be in my bed that night just incase lol :happydance:

dum dum dummmmmm............

Does anyone think/wonder if anything doomsday-ish will happen?

I see it as the date my Cheezits expire (as printed on the box, lol), but that's it.

:ignore:

apparently we are meant to get some freak weather due to planetary alignments. I wont look in to it it does freak me a bit. :wacko:

Love the Cheezits comment and the ingore smiley! Both made me chuckle! I don't expect anything to happen :coffee: BUT if it was the END of the world...can you really prepare for that?! :shrug:

Me and OH do find it funny to think about all the "what ifs" though...like if there were zombies we would have to kick Gigi out of the house because she would give us away....she is our noisey siamese mix...she never shuts up :dohh: lol Kick her our or eat her first when the food runs out...heehee...morbid I know, but that's our sense of humor lol. :blush:

Oh gosh, I can't remember. I had an ex that was telling me about it. Kinda made me realize why he was an ex :rofl: He sounded like a madman!

I have an ex like that to, totally went over board at the 9.11 attacks and was calling me while I was in work crying and telling me to come home as the world was about to end. He actually tormented himself with it.

Anyway so I have to buy christmas presents still now. Groan...

Total rubbish - the world will not end - i do think that things will change - like midnight fairy said x

To be entirely honest I am a little freaked out about it but I truly do believe that within my lifetime there will be something "apocalyptic" that changes everything about our lives, something like the world running out of oil (and the result of that which would be catastrophic for food production etc), a pandemic illness that kills people quickly meaning it's dangerous to leave the house, a nuclear war, etc. I didn't believe it until quite recently but I do now and it scares the sh!t out of me, because I know that my family would frankly be stuffed :lol: I enjoy reading about post-apocalyptic life (i.e both fictional and factual books, like the hunger games, water wars, the knife of never letting go)

I don't however think it will be on the 21st of next month :lol: I am nervous and will probably spend the day waiting for something to happen but I don't truly think anything will happen

I don't think anything will happen, sometimes I've thought it won't be the end of the world but maybe the start of a new one. I read tons of stuff about it around 3.5 years ago and it's freaked me out how quick it's arriving. I think it'll be a big anticlimax tbh, but part of me is still going to feel a bit nervous on the day

the thing is tho if government/nasa knew something might happen there not exactly going to tell the world lol

Anyone seen seeking a friend for the end of the world? :lol: they wouldn't tell anyone if something was going to happen. There would be no point to life if we knew the world would end in X amount of days/weeks. The world would disintegrate and everyone would kill each other and rob shops and stop working.

Lea I agree about huge things happening in our life time. I think a pandemic of some kind.

the thing is tho if government/nasa knew something might happen there not exactly going to tell the world lol

Now you have gone and RUINED it for me ! ::ignore::grr: Was happy enough there for a few mins.

I dont believe it.

The world wasnt suppose to end in 1999 was it? I thought it was just meant to be all computers went down etc

Sometimes I wonder what we could accomplish if we harvested the collective creativity of the conspiracy theorists and applied it towards, say, solving world hunger.... :)
It's fun to read about, but it's seriously not on my list of worries. There isn't anything I can do about it, in any case. None of us have any control over asteroids hurtling towards us, or the next pandemic.

I am curious, though - how many people have a 72-hour kit? That's what they are called here in Canada - basically a supply kit to get you and your family through the first 72 hours of a major emergency. We have a decent supply of camping gear which would let us deal with cooking, staying warm, etc, but I don't have a food cache or anything like that. Does anyone here have a full-on disaster kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->