***December Dreamers*** 70 babies born***

Congratulations Sam on baby Charlie x

Come on now baby Mizzie, its your turn now ;)

Lozzy i got no help with BF and certainly n advice or help with FF! I was just left to get on with it. When i asked whether she should be taking more than 2o-30ml Formula they said they didn't want babies taking too much at this young age :shrug:

Mizze I was 11 days overdue so feel your pain it bloody sucks being that overdue! Hope the sweep helps xx

Congrats Samantha!!!xx

Morning all

Arrrgh just rung surgery - no appts for midwife left (this was the very earliest I could ring) which means I will get my sweep but not until mw is finished at the surgery - so late the afternoon.

Boo I was hoping to jump in this morning.

Had some very mild period type pains last night - not many just enough to go hmmmmm but nothing since. :(

8 days over now.

Ness its bloody awful you werent given help with feeding - if they want us to BF then they need to have people there to show us how at the most critical time!!

Did you get a bestbeginnings CD - Ive been watching mine like an instruction manual!

Mizze xx

Mizze I didn't hav my sweep til afternoon so don't worry!

I have the cd but it's not the same as being shown and encouraged. Ava has a good latch and that as far as they're concerned is all it takes! Then soon as I switched yo formula they just left me alone x

Oooh thats rubbish!!

I mean they tell us its best, go on and on about it and then dont give us help when we struggle (which most of us will do)- my sister who is really pro-breast- said the ONLY thing that kept her going through the first 2 weeks was the thought of not having to get up and make formual through the night - that and the fact they were living on a knife edge financially and really couldnt have afforded the formula milk. If you want to do it again and I think you mentioned that, why not try the one2one help they offer here. I think there is a sticky in the bf forums for you to get in contact with a bf mum to get support.

Have spoken to the mwife and she is coming after surgery to do sweep. No sweep till at least 4pm

Off to wake up DH and demand :sex: :)

Mizze xx

Ness thats discusting about the lack of help. For Ava's weight she should be taking 3oz, (i only know because Niamh weighed the same and the nurses in special care worked out how much) She probably wont take that much buts its an idea of what you should be aiming for

Thanks for all the congrats ladies :hugs:

Good luck with your sweep Mizzie, i hope she gives you some good news and baby decides to make an appearence!

Still in the hospital, debating whether or not to go home tonight. Had a rough night last night, have been absolutly exhausted. I was drifting while he was feeding and had a good old cry and the midwife took him for an hour so i could sleep but i couldnt because he wasnt there :( managed to go to sleep at around 9 this morn for the first time since i gave birth & woke up and OH was there :cloud9: big boost. I made the decision yesterday to stop breastfeeding as my boobs were so sore (Charlie was a chomper :haha:) and have just given him his first bottle :) he didnt like our breastflow one, wouldnt take it, but midwife came with another and saved the day and he nearly took 2oz :)

Ooh midwife has just come and said that she thinks it'll be best i stay in tonight to make sure he feeds properly - hes a very slow, very sleepy feeder. Oh well, just didnt want another night without OH, hes been really spectacular :)

Mums buying a NUK bottle at visiting times, hopefully he'll take to that and get his feeding good :) come on little baby, get your feeding good!

Hi Sam, hope the feeding works out for you.

Well sweep 2 down and sweep 3 booked for Thursday! Midwife didnt say it but she was keen to book in 3rd sweep so I suspect she doesnt hold out much hope for sweep no 2!

Cervix in better position so she could get to it better and therefore it was more uncomfortable - but I am seeing that as a good thing.

I really do NOT want to be induced as it would mean the labour ward and not the birth centre but DH getting nervous and antsy about going overdue and placenta worries and wants me to go into hospital on Saturday for induction if im not in labour by then.

Slightly disheartened now.

Mizze xx

Well sweep 2 down and sweep 3 booked for Thursday! Midwife didnt say it but she was keen to book in 3rd sweep so I suspect she doesnt hold out much hope for sweep no 2!

Cervix in better position so she could get to it better and therefore it was more uncomfortable - but I am seeing that as a good thing.

I really do NOT want to be induced as it would mean the labour ward and not the birth centre but DH getting nervous and antsy about going overdue and placenta worries and wants me to go into hospital on Saturday for induction if im not in labour by then.

Mizze xx

Oh hun :hugs: Did she say anything else about your cervix? I hope baby Mizzie decides to come by herself and not by induction. At least your cervix has moved - my progress after sweeps were really quick so hopefully this one tips you towards labour :hugs:

Mizze xx

Got my fingers crossed for you Mizzie :) hope it all starts for you soon.

I ended up bein induced as waters broke and then nothing happened within their alloted 18 hours ...... I thought I would stay on the midwife led side but ended up being moved to the consultant side for the induction - I must say they were absolutely amazing, and their care exceeded all of my expectations, so dont panic if you have to take that route they take excellent care of you :hugs:

Lozzy i got no help with BF and certainly n advice or help with FF! I was just left to get on with it. When i asked whether she should be taking more than 2o-30ml Formula they said they didn't want babies taking too much at this young age :shrug:

Mizze I was 11 days overdue so feel your pain it bloody sucks being that overdue! Hope the sweep helps xx

Congrats Samantha!!!xx

Ness, Eloise was only taking 30 - 40ml in the hospital and they said it was fine as their tummies were so small.

I was in tears to one of the midwives as I thought she wasnt taking enough, but she reassured me that that was fine. When I got home my own midwife just said to feed every 3 hours until she starts taking more..... and now shes on 120 - 150ml every 4 hours (6 hours at night) :) x

Aww Mizzie :hugs: Dont be disheartened....Keep your chin up :flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower: Virtual flowers for you

My 1st Son was 10 days late....He was due 22nd December & was born 31st December....Mayby they know its cold out here! :baby::winkwink:

Congrats Samantha!!!xx

Ness, Eloise was only taking 30 - 40ml in the hospital and they said it was fine as their tummies were so small.

I was in tears to one of the midwives as I thought she wasnt taking enough, but she reassured me that that was fine. When I got home my own midwife just said to feed every 3 hours until she starts taking more..... and now shes on 120 - 150ml every 4 hours (6 hours at night) :) x

Since I've switched to formula, LO has taken a 40ml feed :happydance: and midwife said it was perfectly normal for him to take anything around that because their stomachs are tiny tiny - size of a marble when first born and then at 5 days, much bigger. Glad I'm not the only one as I started to panic that he wasn't getting enough!

Second night alone on the ward (OHs can stay past 8:30 :() and feeling a bit new confident about everything compared to yesterday. Might be having a blood test for my iron levels etc, apparently I'm really pale lol...thought I was pale already, but apparently I can get paler :dohh:

Gonna try sleeps now!

Thanks girls! I'm giving her colostrum too hoping my milk will come in!

She's a really greedy baby she wants a feed in-between as 3fl oz doesn't fill her up she only goes 3 hours between feeds too! She just won't settle at the moment either wondering whether I should give her 120ml???

Mizze I felt the same after my second sweep and look what happened! Xx

Thanks girls! I'm giving her colostrum too hoping my milk will come in!

She's a really greedy baby she wants a feed in-between as 3fl oz doesn't fill her up she only goes 3 hours between feeds too! She just won't settle at the moment either wondering whether I should give her 120ml???

if shes polisjing off 3oz bottles at every feed and still looking for more then i'd start making up 4oz bottles, better to have the extra there just in case she wants it rather than leaving her hungry. Ailsa went onto 4oz at about a week and then 5oz at 2 weeks! now she takes 4-5oz generally every 3-4 hrs in the day and 6-7 hrs at night.

Mizze I felt the same after my second sweep and look what happened! Xx

Only thing stopping me from performing my own c-section at the moment Ness.

Really unhappy - had awful night heartburn dreadful, and DH snored all hte way through I consider it a personal triumph that this morning I am congratulating myself on
a) not being a widow
b) not heading for the divorce court.

Do NOT want to be induced and stuck in the freaking hospital from the start
Do NOT want to be wired up to a monitor and stuck on a bed rather than being able to move freely
Do NOT want my labour to be more painful because of the induction
Do NOT want to kill my husband for insisting on the induction b'cos he is afraid on placenta degrading.

I know this is worst case but at the moment after feck all sleep and spending hours wanting to strangle my husband so optimism is not my strongest point at the moment.

Off to clean the house from top to bottom - walking is out its blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs here. Am seriously considering getting on the cross trainer later on as an alternative.

Mizze xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"