December/January Baby Club

Hey Girls,
Procedure went very well & I'm feeling fine. Some cramps here/there but that's to be expected. It was truly a horrible moment in my life. But I know I'm doing it to ensure I have one healthy baby to come home in my arms & I just have to remind myself of that!

BD, Happy your starting to pop! One day you will just wake up & it's there. Promise. That's how it happens LOL
As for movements. The first movements feel like what would be described as popcorn popping or bubbles. Some say fluttering but I felt more like popcorn popping or lots of little bubbles popping up. I remember when I first felt movement in pregnancy 1, I was brushing my teeth for bed & I literarily gasped & froze LOL You'll know it when you feel it :)

I believe I've felt some kicks from time to time for the last two or so weeks. It's kinda hard to tell given I'm gassy & bloated as hell. But its very distinct.

Oh barb Iam so glad all went well:) I can imagen how hard it was bit yes Ur doing it with best intentions for both your health and babies.

Breaking...We are starting the nursery just waiting on paint. Lol I have bought some decorations and I will start posting pictures as soon as we get everything together.
What about you? Any plans on the nursery?

barb...I'm very excited to feel movement..i cannot wait!!

Manda....looking forward to your pics! I love neutral so whites and grey is the plan. ....which will work well as we are team yellow.

Hi,

I'm due in January too, mind if I join you guys?

Julia :)

Hi Manda! Thanks! Congrats on baby #3! Do you have a theme picked out for your nursery? We're doing whinnie the pooh for ours. I just ordered some decals from Amazon yesterday. Excited to get started setting it up.

Julia, welcome! Is this your first child?
I see you've had a loss, I'm very sorry xo

Hi Manda! Thanks! Congrats on baby #3! Do you have a theme picked out for your nursery? We're doing whinnie the pooh for ours. I just ordered some decals from Amazon yesterday. Excited to get started setting it up.

Hi:) we did old fashion whinnie for our first. We are doing gray and hot pink this time with an accent wall. :) I will have pictures when it's all done.

Hi Barbikins! Yes unfortunately my DD was born premature 28w5d and lived for only 3 days. It was extremely hard for DH and I to get here again but finally we are in a good place and ready to open our hearts again.

Manda sounds great can't wait to see pics!

Sorry I just noticed you suffered a loss too Barbikins, sorry for your loss too! Praying that you too are carrying your forever baby. ❤️❤️

Hi Julia,
Yes I had a baby girl at 32 weeks in August of 2011. She passed 5 days later due to an intestinal infection that premies are suseptible to.
I am hoping and wishing harder than you can imagine that we are bringing home our happy, healthy rainbow baby. It's been a really rough ride for us as well!

Do you know why you went into labor early? Is it some thing you'll have to watch this time around? I'm high risk so lots of doctor appointments!

Julia and Barb...sending you hugs and hoping you both have a cute little baby to take home :)

Hi Julia,
Yes I had a baby girl at 32 weeks in August of 2011. She passed 5 days later due to an intestinal infection that premies are suseptible to.
I am hoping and wishing harder than you can imagine that we are bringing home our happy, healthy rainbow baby. It's been a really rough ride for us as well!

Do you know why you went into labor early? Is it some thing you'll have to watch this time around? I'm high risk so lots of doctor appointments!

My pregnancy was rough right from the beginning, I had several bleeding episodes which they never could really explain. Her placenta was low and they attributed the bleeding to that. Then my cervix started to shorten and I was put on bed rest. The rest got me a few more weeks but not long enough. She died from a hemorrhage in her brain. I went through severe depression after even though I never felt confident in my pregnancy.

This time around I have way more confidence, things just seem better. My first trimester was uneventful. My OB feels that the chances of preterm again is low. We are going to do a cervical cerclage as a precaution. Overall I am trying not to worry about it.

That's great that you have lots of attention with this pregnancy! Do they feel preterm is a risk for you again this time? I see you're from Toronto, I used to live there. Great medical help available there. I'm in NS now and we too have a great hospital for maternity and children. I know that if anything happens I am in the best place to be.

How are you feeling through this pregnancy?

Julia...yes this is my first...had quite the ttc journey as we are unexplained. so thankful to finally be here.

I'm so loving every moment...of course nervous too bc its so surreal to finally be pregnant!!

Well congrats Breaking Dawn!! Hopefully time goes by fast so you can take home your beautiful baby.

Hi Julia,

My pregnancy was rough right from the beginning, I had several bleeding episodes which they never could really explain. Her placenta was low and they attributed the bleeding to that. Then my cervix started to shorten and I was put on bed rest. The rest got me a few more weeks but not long enough. She died from a hemorrhage in her brain. I went through severe depression after even though I never felt confident in my pregnancy.

This time around I have way more confidence, things just seem better. My first trimester was uneventful. My OB feels that the chances of preterm again is low. We are going to do a cervical cerclage as a precaution. Overall I am trying not to worry about it.

That's great that you have lots of attention with this pregnancy! Do they feel preterm is a risk for you again this time? I see you're from Toronto, I used to live there. Great medical help available there. I'm in NS now and we too have a great hospital for maternity and children. I know that if anything happens I am in the best place to be.

How are you feeling through this pregnancy?

I am glad you're feeling better about this pregnancy & things seem to be better. Do you have a shortened cervix?
My cause was a tear in my sac & the slow leak started labor.
We talked about a Cerclage however, I don't believe I need it. And I'd like to take the least invasive route. However I have up to 24 weeks to decide. But my cervix will be monitored closely & measured a lot.

Yep in Toronto. Going to Sunnybrook which is a fab hospital for Maternity stuff. I have a great high risk doctor. I shouldn't need bed rest although I plan to stop working around 30 weeks.
I'm not really at risk of pre-term again...but they are keeping a very close watch on me & baby. Although I'm considered high risk.

I am so sorry your baby had a brain hemorrhage. What caused that??? Was it just being premature?

I am glad you're feeling better about this pregnancy & things seem to be better. Do you have a shortened cervix?
My cause was a tear in my sac & the slow leak started labor.
We talked about a Cerclage however, I don't believe I need it. And I'd like to take the least invasive route. However I have up to 24 weeks to decide. But my cervix will be monitored closely & measured a lot.

Yep in Toronto. Going to Sunnybrook which is a fab hospital for Maternity stuff. I have a great high risk doctor. I shouldn't need bed rest although I plan to stop working around 30 weeks.
I'm not really at risk of pre-term again...but they are keeping a very close watch on me & baby. Although I'm considered high risk.

I am so sorry your baby had a brain hemorrhage. What caused that??? Was it just being premature?

Cervix is measuring great this time.... So far! I'm not really sure what causes the brain hemorrhage but I was told it is common in babies born that early.

So were you aware of the leak before your labour started? They are keeping a close eye on me too but that's mostly because I'm over 35. What makes you high risk?

Ah OK understand re: hemorage.

I'm high risk because I went into pre-term labor with my last pregnancy. So I'm on a close watch!
I started leaking amniotic fluids. I thought at first my bladder had started leaking. This is common apparently in the later stages of 3rd trimester. But I started getting concerned after a few days, saw my Midwife at the hospital. They tested & it was amniotic fluid. We did an ultrasound & doctor checked my cervix & I was dilated. The tear could have been caused by many things. Some believe an infection. But no one will ever know. And because of the slow leak, it started to thin out my cervix.

Hi ladies.
How is everyone doing? Those bumps slowly getting bigger!

Barbi..glad to hear that you are on close watch this time. :hugs:

manda, Julie...how r u ladies?

AFM...it feels surreal that this wknd I will be 4.5 months. eek! We had an ultrasound last week and the tech was lovely she gave us quite a few pics of our little bean :). Who no longer looks like a gummy bear...but more like a little person. :)

I'm also starting to show...ive got a small bump that isn't bloat but a real bump now. For now I'm trying to manage with my regular wardrobe as I can still fit and not be uncomfortable...and then will look into some maternity clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->