December Mums

Awww, no fair, everyone is having a way more fun weekend than me! But I still hope you all enjoy it!

Not long now till you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy (oh and spend all day here because thats what happens to you :rofl: )

Aw babe that sucks! :hugs:

I think you should plan something lovely for next weekend then, to get you through it. How much longer have you got before Mat leave? or is that the stress are you setting up ready to leave?

Welcome Mothercare - I'll add you to the first post.

rafwife - did you not read my post about public transport? lol Hope you have a better journey!

I did! I can't believe the trouble you had. I can't imagine how tiring and frustrating that must have been.

My journey has been fine so far. I booked a few weeks ago so got a cheap 1st class ticket and have either been on BnB and watching secret diary of a call girl on my laptop.

The only complaint is two very rowdy children behind me who have given me a headache.

Still, only an hour and a bit left to go!

I hope your journey to and from work is better today :hugs:

Well girls i've managed to make it to lunchtime and i need a sleep lol, feeling a bit achey in general today

Only 5 more hours and i can go home and chill for the weekend!! YAY!!

Good morning!
It's just after 6am my time and I've been up for ages.
My cats chose to be extra affectionate last night and woke me up at 4am for a purr-athon. Which is very sweet, but I could only sort of doze after that. And baby started in with his early morning calisthenics, so between him and whiskers or fur in my ear every way I turned, further sleep was impossible.
I open my show at the Zoo tonight. I was really counting on that sleep.
But once again, I should be exhausted, and I'm cheerfully buzzing around the kitchen, re-organising the cutlery drawer.
As I can tell it's going to take me 300 years to post pics, I'm just going to go ahead and brag about my score on Tuesday. I've been keeping an eye on craigslist and kijiji for gently used baby gear, and on Sunday I spotted a 2006 Quinny Buzz stroller with all, and I mean ALL, the possible accessories for.... $300!!!!!!
I emailed right away and we went down to see it. It's in perfect shape. We snatched it up.
A maxi-cosi car seat with car base is also included.
Between all the items, we just got about $1200 worth of gear for $300.
I am doing my Bargain Baroness jig of joy and exultation whenever I think about it.
If I can get the car seat safety certified, we may use it, but I know the general rules on used car seats. I would not compromise my baby's safety, but it does bother me that this almost new seat might have to be thrown out. What a shocking waste. I wish there were some way to refurbish or recycle this stuff.
And good thing we saved all that money, because I just found out what it costs to have a will drawn up (another big item on the list of Things to Do Before Baby Arrives). Gak!
Anyway, I'm facing a very busy weekend of shows at the Zoo. We close on Tuesday. Maybe I'll have collapsed by then?
If I get time, I will post pics of stroller and of our almost finished nursery. My cats have very kindly modelled in every nursery photo so far. I may get them to do a fashion show of baby's wardrobe. ;)

sarahkka sounds like you had a great bargain there :D also cant we to see pics of nursery!! lol at your cats modelling baby clothes!! now that would be funny :rofl:
hopefully ill have some pics to post by the end of the weekend of our nursery!!! the border is going up as i type :D

Good afternoon December mums :hi: I went into hospital on Wednesday. It started off last week. I kept seeing sparkles so I was concerned and so went into hospital last Wednesday to make sure everything was fine. And thankfully, it was. Anyway, 7 days pass, and I start getting headaches, and my eyes & forehead feeling heavy. So again, I was concerned as last week I was seeing sparkles. Plus I lost abit of fluid in Tesco. So I rang the hospital and was told to go in to be checked over. Me and my mum got there, and was waiting 1hr to be seen. Finally got seen, my BP was fine. I had +1 protein in my urine. I got put on a monitor, to check the baby was ok. Midwife left me on that for 20mins. In this time, my mum was watching the monitor, babys HB kept going upto 170bpm, and the percentage of my uterus was tightening to 60% (100% is a full blown contraction) So my mum says: "Donna,You're havin contractions here" I said: "Don't be daft,She's just pushing against my belly really hard" - This kept happening. Midwife came back in to check the trace, and she said: "Oo, are you feeling these tightening's?" I said: "Well, I thought that was baby pushing against me" She said "No love, your having regular tightening's here. Are you sure you've got your dates right?!" So by this point they got the doctor in to just check the trace and see what they wanted to do from there. They decided to give me a swab? Like placed a cone thing inside,opened it up, shone a torch in so they could see if my cervix was dilating, and stuck a swab thing up to test if what I leaked earlier was amniotic fluid, but it wasn't. So was probably urine. After this they said they will keep me in overnight to keep an eye on thing's, and to give me steroid injections to mature babys lungs IF she does decide to come early. And ouch, what an achey arse they give you. It was my first time in a hospital, I wasn't so keen, got 3 hrs sleep, and had headache all night. I had blood tests done to see if I was developing Pre-eclampsia, Fbc, and some others. All came back fine apart from full blood count being 10. Was told to keep taking my iron tablets. So I came out last night at 9:00 after I had my 2nd steroid injection. I'm just hoping the next time I go in that place is when I'm panting and in labour, lol. I think they just put the tightenings down to strong braxton hicks.

I hope everyone else has been fine. :) x

Oh wow donna sounds like you have had a tough couple of days !!!

Glad you and LO are ok !!

Those BH are a pain in the arse !!

Glad everythings ok Hon. :hugs:

Don't like the sound of those injections though! Ouchy.

Gosh what a rough few days. Glad you're out and okay now Donna :)

donna sounds like you had quite a scare!! lets hope thats the last of hospital visits now before your LO is born :D

im glad you and LO are okay!! :hugs: xx

Random post, but having just looked at the first post in this topic i'm so amused to see that all 3 of us 2nd December Mummy's are having girls, all 4 of team 4th Dec are having boys, all 3 of team 11th Dec are having boys and all 4 of team 16th Dec are having girls.

Weird how that works out.

Thanks girls. I'm hoping i'm not gonna be in & out of hospital. I only said a few week ago "I've not had any problems in this pregnancy me" (cause my m8 has) and then look what happens lol. x

Aww glad you ok Donna, was supsrised to read that from you too because you seem to be one of the ones whos had fairly "easy" pregnancy if you know what i mean!!

I know, had no morning sickness or anything else. Lol, it's always the quiet ones I guess. :p

Well you've got to have some drama, otherwise you'd be bored stiff lol

Exactly. I am, I do nothing but sit on this pc! No social life what-so-ever! Borrrrring! :lol:

nursery nearly done thank god!! :happydance:
still not 100% finished though so will wait untill its all done before posting some pics!!! gunna chill now rest of the night :munch: OH is having his friends round tonight for poker night so im gunna have an early night :sleep: aslong as they keep the noise down!!!

An early night eh .. sounds good!! Fridays i normally end up fast asleep on the sofa and OH stays up until god knows what time playing xbox live with his friends, he's learnt a sneaky trick though, cover me with a blanket and i think im in bed lol, that way he gets extra time to play with his mates!! cheeky sod!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->