December Mums

We are all progressing so well..:hugs:Im so happy n excited for everyone:dance:

Its a quiet friday night in for me to !!

Dinner and a film with the OH sounds about all i can manage tonight !!

I hear that...Its getting so cold here..I want to have tomato sups grilled cheeses and a movie...:dance:yummmmm

:wave:ladies:hi:

Good afternoon everyone,

How's everyone doing??Im eating alot of peanut butter n jelly sandwiches:rofl:Is anyone still drinking pregnancy or raspberry leaf tea?? Any change or notice a difference?

:blush:

I bought some tea the other day but havnt started it yet asi was unsure when to !!

When do you think ??

An early night eh .. sounds good!! Fridays i normally end up fast asleep on the sofa and OH stays up until god knows what time playing xbox live with his friends, he's learnt a sneaky trick though, cover me with a blanket and i think im in bed lol, that way he gets extra time to play with his mates!! cheeky sod!!

:rofl:crafty!!

So what is rasberry tea ment to do then girls :shrug: xx

I have 1 cup of each a day...Its suppose to strengthen your uterus for labour n birth...

Mine says you start the raspberry leaf at 34 weeks but the pregnancy tea i guess u can start it at 27wks..:hug:

It's supposed to help strengthen the uterus so it contracts better when in labour, so it can help speed established labour up a little.

I started drinking a cup a day about 2 weeks ago now. Not really fond of the taste but getting used to it now.

Ladies......found this :hugs:

The benefits

Raspberry leaf tea is nutrient rich and contains many of the vitamins and minerals necessary for a healthy pregnancy including vitamins A, C, E and B, magnesium, calcium and iron. Consuming raspberry leaf tea not only helps mother and baby to get all the nutrients they need but can also help to replenish a new mothers stores after the birth.

Raspberry leaf tea also contains the alkaloid 'fragine' which is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking raspberry leaf during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the second stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

Sipping raspberry leaf tea during and after the birth is also said to help the uterus contract back down to size, reduce after birth bleeding and help initiate the let down of breastmilk.

While there hasn't been a huge amount of research into this area, the general consensus does seem to be that drinking raspberry leaf tea during the latter stages of pregnancy can help to make for a 'better' labour with few side effects.

How to take raspberry leaf tea

Raspberry leaf tea can be taken in tea bag, loose leaf, tablet or tincture form and is available from most herbalists and health food stores.

It is advisable to wait until the 32nd week of pregnancy before trying raspberry leaf tea as there is a concern that consumption before this time in the more fragile, earlier stages of pregnancy could lead to problems. Once you have reached the 32nd week of your pregnancy you could begin with one cup of raspberry leaf tea a day and gradually increase up to 4 cups or tables a day (although this may vary in accordance with the strength of the blend and the manufacturers instructions).

While there is no guarantee that raspberry leaf tea will help speed up the labour process, if you like the taste it might just be worth a try.

xxxxxx

It's supposed to help strengthen the uterus so it contracts better when in labour, so it can help speed established labour up a little.

I started drinking a cup a day about 2 weeks ago now. Not really fond of the taste but getting used to it now.

:(I love it with a lil lemon juice n sugar..:happydance:

:(I love it with a lil lemon juice n sugar..:happydance:
Oh, I never thought about adding anything to it :dohh:

Vicky you are a soldier girl....Drinking it plain:rofl:It tasted weird plain so I added some supplements lol..Hope it taste better for you:hug:

thanks girls :D Ive learned something new today!! think ill give it ago but maybe in a few weeks time!!

Sorry to gate crash girls. I drink my raspberry leaf tea with a sweetner. I normally have 2 sugars, so it doesn't tkaemuch. You just need to play around with it and see how you like it best. Enjoy!!! x x

XkatX that's the way to do it...

Donna the pregnancy tea is good too..It has 350mg of raspberry leaf not 1500..

Vicky you alright girl....:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->