December Mums

Hope your scan comes back with some good news M&P :hugs:

Layers girls; it's the only way to go that or stay indoors. :rofl:

Good luck with your scan M&P! Fingers crossed that your placenta has migrated!

Ladies I have a question.
I had prawns for my tea (the packet said cooked and peeled) and Ive read that that's ok whilst pregnant.
But Im feeling a bit sick now..
Is it the prawns or do I just generally feel sick?
They wont harm Leo with they??
xx

I have had cold prawn sandwiches a few times hon and been fine, even cold ones in shop sandwiches are cooked and thats the criteria xxx seafood is fine as long as its cooked, things like shark and swordfish i think are best avoided due to the mercury content xx enjoy!!!

Sophie I hope you feel better soon!

PP I was glad to read that your LO has turned now :)

OH and I have picked a totally new name for our LO and we love it! Keeping it a secret until the birth though :)

LOL i'm keeping mine a secret too!!

Has anyone heard from M&P about how she got on at her scan?

i cant bloody decide on a name so couldnt tell ya all anyway LOL.

i had had a horrid, emotional day where i felt fat, nothing fits, stretch marks are horrendous, hair greasy straight after washing and drying it then it bloody snowed all afternoon

sorry for the little rant lol

how are you all

Lou
xxx

Sophie I hope you feel better soon!

PP I was glad to read that your LO has turned now :)

OH and I have picked a totally new name for our LO and we love it! Keeping it a secret until the birth though :)

What was wrong with the name sophie?! lol
Only messing, cant wait to find out what you've named her

xx

Hi girls. Good morning.... I'm back after working since friday until monday (the whole bank holiday). The good news is that my tummy rash is gone... Got a cream from the doctor. The not so good thing is that my back is still in bits. I can't walk that far as my legs and groin is sore... I have few days rest but will be back to do nights this weekend. How are things? I think I've missed a lot... Hope everybody is doing well today!

https://lilypie.com/pic/080914/jm5O.jpghttps://my.lilypie.com/mfYFp1.png https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt2294949fltt.gif https://www.i-am-pregnant.com/countdown/_minibaby/1230159600.jpg

Hi all, been busy busy busy with my last week at work. Can't wait til Friday! Had nice aquanatal today and I'm looking forward to next week when I can get my hair wet as it won't matter if I'm chloriney!

Donna - you could try buying spatone, it's supposed to be very good for building up iron levels and doesn't have side effects like the tablets. It's a liquid that goes on orange juice. You don't need a prescription!

rafwife - you hypnobirthing sounds interesting. I spoke with my Mum about it (with my incredibly limited understanding of it) and she said she felt relaxing wasn't the most productive during labour and a gritting of teeth is better. But I've read some yoga things that are about learning to relax the parts of the body not in use so taht you can focus your energy on the bits that are working hard so perhaps that's a similar thing to the hypnobirthing?

marah - sorry you're suffering! :hugs:

From what I know of hypnobirthing it's similar to Chakra Meditation.

We were talking about this yesterday at my toddler group and it apparently doesn't involve being hypnotised but reaching a state of trance like relaxation so that your conscious mind doesn't impinge upon the processes of the body.

To be a bit crude about it, I should imagine that it's like trying to have a pooh that is proving difficult to expell. If you breath through it rather than straining, then the results are more beneficial and you don't end up with piles. (I suffer with IBS can you tell? :rofl:) The principle is the same I think and it should prevent tearing and/or the need for an episiotomy. :D

On a different note; I just started packing my hospital bag. :dance: Then immediately had a total flid for about 5mins, running around shrieking, "OMG! I just started packing my hospital bag!!!" :tease:

I keep meaning to start packing my bag, but everytime I go to do it I end up getting all "meh" and do something else. Ahhh well. Hopefully I still have plenty of time!

Interesting analogy on the hypnobirthing. I've had a few people tell me that giving birth is like having the largest bowel movement of your life. Kinda puts it into a new perspective, eh?

Haha Angelmouse. I was like that when I packed Lexie's. I got all excited. :lol:

Ok girls if i havent done mine in the next 2 weeks, so by the time i hit 35 weeks will someone pleeeeeeease give me a kick up the butt!!

I am packed. Just taking my gym bag for both of us!!! Managed to fit in more than what i managed to use last time! Am HOPING for a repeat of my last birth. Home after 6 hours. Will get hubby to bring things in if things go wrong. Have saved space in bag by putting a snowsuit mittens wooly hat and blanket inside the carseat which hubby will bring up from the car. Those snowsuits take up alot of room in the bag. I am also horrified my hospital has stopped providing towels for mums afterwards!!!! goodness!!!! So i have put a huge one in that i dont mind binning before i come home! I also have a bit of a tip for after your bath/shower after delivery. Last time everytime i went to wrap my towel around me the shower water was mixing with the blood and was running down my legs! It was a nightmare! So what i did was use a small towel to wedge between my legs while i got dry enough to sort it and put knickers/pad on! Sounds silly but using a small towel between the legs helped while i was getting dry! I even had to put the knickers up to my knees before i removed the towel and a quick clean and pulled them up! Maybe I bled a bit more than others i dont know but just a tip incase it happens to you! I am packing an old hand towel/flannel to use for this which can go straight into the bin!

Hey girls sorry to go off the subject a little but i just realised on staurday we can all say that "WE ARE DUE NEXT MONTH":headspin::shock: im excited and nervous at the same time. What about everyone else??
xx

i am very scared of having a rapid delivery. my last one hardly left me enough time to get to hospital and it was my first! Am worried as hubby works 40 mins away although i got my best friend on 24hr standby for my little girl and to take me to hospital! Really want a waterbirth but if it goes like last time they wont have time to fill the pool

i am very scared of having a rapid delivery. my last one hardly left me enough time to get to hospital and it was my first! Am worried as hubby works 40 mins away although i got my best friend on 24hr standby for my little girl and to take me to hospital! Really want a waterbirth but if it goes like last time they wont have time to fill the pool

aww hunni, i hope this baby takes it's time during labour then, so you can have your waterbirth :hugs:.
xx

morning everyone, i still havent packed my bloody bag, i am going to do it this weekend though i mean it.
i kept waking up in the night very very uncomfortable and although it is very usual for me to not sleep it was just a horrible night. i also woke up with wisdom teeth coming through again
i cant wait to say im due next month but also freaks me out that it not long to go!!!
i got a friend who was due 7th december and she gave birth on tuesday morning to twins.
hope your all well today, it wont be long when this thread is rammed full because you will all be off work and can come and chat to me

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back