December Mums

Hey lolly! I'm feeling great thank you. A little sore and tired but I don't care! Having Ava at home is great - I hate hospitals so I hated having to stay in. My little munchkin is asleep (again!) atm so just grabbing a few mins.

How're you feeling?

Just back from my first midwife appointment! (Have moved to a new area)

Will post a thread. :)

afternoon girls :D
Had a MW app this morning to see if baby had moved from breech but now my LO is transverse again!! They have booked me in for a growth scan for wednesday as they havnt been able to measure him probley the last few weeks but im looking forward to it as i get to see him again :happydance:

Hope youre all well!! xx

Vicky, Ava is such a doll! She's so beautiful!!! Makes me that much more excited to see my own, lol. How's being a Mom? Glad you're happy that you're home.

I got a TON of stuff from my shower. I seriously hope Baby Girl is in fact a Baby Girl! I got so much pink stuff (I can officially say that Baby Girl got her first "bling" on Saturday too!)

Lots of washcloths, outfits, recieving blankets, burp cloths, fleece blankets, stuffed animals, soothers, bath tubs (yep, got two of them!). I also got the Papasan Cradle Swing from my best friend, which is AWESOME. It swings from side to side as well as front to back, so which ever way Baby Girl likes it we'll be good.

I also got the Baby Bjorn, as OH wants to be able to lug her around... which is A-OK with me! Other neat things like a Photo Keepsake/ID Bracelet holder, which we'll hang in Baby Girl's nursery... uh... I forget what else, but it's taken me two days and I'm still not done organizing everything. Already did a full load of blankets, burp cloths and wash cloths... holy hannah!

Curious though, why are Showers not popular in the UK? They're a great way to help out a new family with getting stuff. Honestly, after my Baby Shower the only things I need to get to be fully set for Baby Girl's arrival are a changing pad, breast feeding pillow and *maybe* a few more newborn sized onesies.

Hello ladies!

Sorry you've been unwell Alphatee, hope you feel better soon!

Lou - you will feel so much better physically after the birth, I am sure. We'll all be like different women!

Aw Poloma, hope you get your nap! These pesky kids. They keep us awake all through pregnancy and then when they're born it's even worse!

Nessa, sorry your baby is not playing ball but it's got to be easier to turn right way from transverse than breech, there's time yet!

Tyff - dunno why we don't do baby showers. I think people tend to give presents but it's not normally organizes as a party. I can't see it working for me as my friends are dispersed across the country.

So today I have my MW appointment (there's another thread) and generally all is well though I have to go to a consultant next week to discuss my vitamin B12 levels and ok the home birth. Then I went to homebase for paint for our bedroom. Stood for about 5 mins waiting for someone (that earned me a 10% discount!) then once the paint had been made up the 3 for 2 offer wasn't coming up on the system so I was stood about in the shop for at least half an hour so my back and pelvis are pretty achey now. Got antenatal this evening too. Might do nothing now but if resting helps then I've one wall of skirting left to sand so that I can paint tomorrow. We're on track to get the cotbed set up at the weekend. I can't wait!

glad being a mummy is suiting you vicky i cant wait for baby to arrive.

thanks PB i feeling so grotty lately even at home with OH i feel like im being snappy and he isnt doing anything wrong.

hope all is well with everyone else

Lou
xxx

Afternoon all ,

Ive had a very good morning went into town and almost finished my xmas shopping , just a few bits and pieces to get !

Exhusted now though so im sat with my feet up with a cuppa !

OOoo forgot to say i treated myself to a lovely cardi for my baby shower wednesday night ! :blush:

So much happens on this thread over a weekend. :shock:

Erm...can't remember what everyone says so I'll just give everyone hugs who needs it :hug: and Laugh myself silly at those who made me. :rofl:

I had a mixed weekend myself, Saturday was dull more of the same boredom with OH being at work but Sunday was fab. :dance:

We've done all our Yuletide shopping and spent last night wrapping it all up. :smug: We've got everything bought now ready for Bubble and Charlie has brand new Thomas PJs. :cloud9: We also got him some new shoes but his feet are still really small. On the way home we stopped for something to eat so I didn't have to cook and while we wrapped the prezzies in the evening we listened to music. It was really lovely.

Bubble still isn't moving as often as he has been but he's probably just having a growth spurt and will be back with a vengence very soon. :D Oh and my scar has been really irritating lately. :(

On the subject of birth weight: I was 7lb2, My eldest was 7lb6 and LO was 6lb9. I'm convinced that he should have been bigger but for the panicing over the GD that I never actually had!

Morning girls!
I had a really good long sleep, but I feel like I can't keep my eyes open.
I took so much time off last week. I must go in to work today, but god, I want to crawl back into bed right now.
Yawwwwwwn.
Birth weight for me was 7 lbs, something. Both my younger brothers were 8 and 9 lbs respectively. I'm taller and broader than my mum, so if she could do it, I think I can, too.
My girlfriend has just offered to organize a shower for me, so I will have that to look forward to early in my mat leave. Yay!
We are going to make it more of a party to celebrate the end of us being just a couple and the beginning of starting a family and we're including my OH and his friends, too. Should be fun!
As long as I don't go too crazy cleaning.
My mum is coming over for a visit this week, so I am already feeling twitchy about scrubbing things! And I just scoured the place on Saturday.
Damn nesting instinct.

What's your cardi like m&p?

:hugs: for your irritating scar, well, for you AM not your scar, but you know what I mean!

:hugs: for Sarahkka too for having to go to work. You must be on leave soon right?

Just looked through my notes and noticed that the MW has put 4/5ths engaged so that's pretty exciting! Also got to see my blood results and there is a whole statement about treatment for Vit B12. Can't believe the GP thought it ok to recommend I eat more dairy when the results recommend a course of treatment with follow up for 3 months! He is so shit. I always ask for my proper doctor but never seem to see him.

Hi Guys,

Wow so much as happened within a day!! Have just finished catching up with everyones news................ and now i can't remember what i wanted to say!!!!

I'm getting very excited now Vicky has started the ball rolling for us December Mummys!!! Have just been to my second antenatel class and that seems to make everything more real!!! Have my antenatel appointment tomorrow and will hopefully be seeing my normal midwife (she has been on hols for over 2 weeks!) Looking forward to this after my 'episode' last thursday and my BP. Had to go to Maternity unit on saturady for them to re-check it and it had totally returned back to normal! How weird!

Have only 3 days left at work, i can't believe maternity leave is nearly here..... it seems like ages ago when i was planning on when to finish!!!!

:hugs: to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's your cardi like m&p?

:hugs: for your irritating scar, well, for you AM not your scar, but you know what I mean!

:hugs: for Sarahkka too for having to go to work. You must be on leave soon right?

Its down past my bum and its more crotched than knited with short sleves in a teal colour ,
its great because i will be able to wear it after bubba to as it only has a button at the top !! I felt quite naughty buying it when i was supposed to be xmas shopping but i thought sod it !! :rofl:

Afternoon ladies, looks like its been a busy day!!

Been xmas shopping with my mum and was so shattered when i got back i've slept since and only just woken :sleep:

Realised i'd done a stupid pregnancy brain thing this afternoon too ... got to go to tescos to do my shopping tonight and was sorting through my vouchers so i could use them. I got £36 worth of clubcard vouchers last week and i bloody thre them in the bin didnt i? What a numpty :rofl: Rang them and luckily theyre going to send me some more. Silly me!! :rofl:

*Sobs* I didnt get my nap after all! Abbi fell aslep in the pushchair on the way to pick Noah up from nursery. I was hoping he would nod off on the way back BUT he didnt and as soon as we got through the door Abbi woke up *sobs some more*
So all I can hope for is an early night!
On the plus side I have got my hospital bag almost packed! just trying to find a nice (and cheap!) pair of maternity/bf pj's

*Sobs* I didnt get my nap after all! Abbi fell aslep in the pushchair on the way to pick Noah up from nursery. I was hoping he would nod off on the way back BUT he didnt and as soon as we got through the door Abbi woke up *sobs some more*
On the plus side I have got my hospital bag almost packed! just trying to find a nice (and cheap!) pair of maternity/bf pj's

Not sure if this helps, but i have just bought a pair from asda. They are not maternity but have the wrap over top, vest and bottoms that tie with a drawstring. They were so much cheaper than nursing ones and you could always put a nursing vest underneath. I think they were about £12 and a purple colour. xx

Not sure if this helps, but i have just bought a pair from asda. They are not maternity but have the wrap over top, vest and bottoms that tie with a drawstring. They were so much cheaper than nursing ones and you could always put a nursing vest underneath. I think they were about £12 and a purple colour. xx

Oooh thanks hun, will check out my local Asda this week, all maternity shops seem to want a minimum of 35 pound for similar pj's!
Just want a nice new pair to go in my bag for after baby is born, 12 pound sounds more up my street!

Cardi sounds lovely m&p!

I've had a bit of a shitty afternoon now, quite literally! Got woken from my nap on the sofa by the smell of poo and my old dog had pooed on their beds so I had to throw him out and clean it all up trying not to retch everywhere. Bit of a rude awakening. We've discovered he poos less and less in the house on a senior food so this was the final straw - he also pooed on the stairs first thing this morning! Felt all sick and wrong after that, too bad to cook tea (we've got antenatal in a few mins) so DH brought chips home but they were all shit and the bread fell apart and I got so frustrated trying to eat that I gave up! Plus I noticed that a front tooth has broken somehow sometime and now I have to try and get an emergency appointment because after 6 months or more I've still not been allocated a dentist here. I know it doesn't take much these days but I'm feeling so pissed off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->