December Mums

Just posted on your thread PP. We get sweeps at 41 weeks then induction at 10-14 days overdue. They will also let you go longer if you want to, with daily monitoring to check placental functioning. And glad she is engaged. It's great isn't it!

i feeling little sad that everyones baby seems to be facing the right way around yet my naughty baby is still very firmly head up in my bloody ribs

i tried lots of things i have heard, lying on floor, bum up head down with frozen peas at the top of tummy legs up and head down but nothing seems to be working.

only thing i havent tried is swimming but to be honest i would have to buy a new swimming costume and cant really afford it cos it will be about 20 quid to buy a maternity one
COME ON BABY YOU NEED TO TURN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

whats everyone got planned for their evening, im chilling, i have packed for my weekend away and thats it today

Lou
xxx

Have you got yourself a ball Lolly? I read about some excercises somewhere you can do on your ball which can encourage LO to turn!!

hi lolly - where you going for your weekend away? Sounds fun!

Like PP said have you got a ball. My baby was breech at 33-34 weeks and my MW banned me from sitting on the sofa and leaning back and I had to bounce on my ball and sit on my ball and by the next appt she was the right way round! x x

PP - check your notes, she may have written on there how engaged she is. :)

My MW said they'll do sweeps from 39 weeks and inductions after 41 but I asked if I could go without and she was quite surprised. Said it was the first time she hadn't had someone specifically asking for a sweep or induction. I want to go naturally though, so she said she'll let me go up to 14 days over then they'll induce. If I want to go over 14 days then I have to stay in hospital for constant monitoring and IMO that's just too much.

Yeah i think any longer than 14 days would be too much to cope with.

Girls i need some inspiration for dinner tonight ... what you all having?

I'm making chicken with rosemary and thyme with mozzarella and pesto potato cakes.

I feel like it needs some more veggies though, like some cauliflower cheese or carmelised carrots. Have nothing else in the house though. :(

Yeah i think any longer than 14 days would be too much to cope with.

Girls i need some inspiration for dinner tonight ... what you all having?

Pork tenderloin with apples, onions, and cloves.
Haven't decided about veg.
Ha ha! I say this like I'm the one cooking it!
My OH will be master chef, as usual!
If it was me cooking, we'd sitting down to a nice hot dinner of popcorn.
Good thing I'm planning to breastfeed or this baby would be terribly malnourished! :)

Lolly- have your tried walking more than you usually do, i did that and he seemed to take it as a signal to move into place and yerp the bal;l is def a gooden, i hope she turns soon hunni. Come on missus get turning for mummy. Where are you going for the weekend??

PP- I'm making pork chops with mash and peas

Sarahkka- I wish my Oh could cook lol, can your one give my one tips :D

As for me urgh i feel crap i went for a sleep, woke up all hot and bothered and aching all over and feeling sick. Went and got in the bath and then had to call OH in and as soon as i got out i was sick everywhere. Is sickness a sign of labour coming?? or am i just being too hopeful lol
xx

Sickness and nausea can be a sign of labour, yes. Sounds gross, but some people have a 'clear out' from both ends. When I went into suspected premature labour I felt really ill and horrible.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

PP-We're having Pizza (quel surprise :shock:) w/ Jacket potatoes and Coleslaw. Nom Nom. :pizza:

Aidans Mummy-Hope you feel better soon love. I have heard some ladies say that they got sick as a prelude to labour although it may have been the heat in the bathroom and then standing up out of the bath. It makes me a bit woozie sometimes. :hugs:

awww heather sorry you were sick :flower: get well soon!!!! :hugs: x x

Don't have any inspiring ideas for food Holly - soz! I'm so tired I don't feel like cooking (lazy!) x x

lollylou my LO isnt playing ball either and for the last 3 weeks either been transverse or breech!! hope you LO moves for you soon!!

PP no ideas here as for tea tonight me and OH had scramble egg on toast!! couldnt be bothered tonight so just made summit quick and easy :D Enjoy whatever you decide to have!!

aww aidans mummy hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

I have zero inspiration for tea tonight. Part of me says lets make a tasty cheese souffle and roasties ready for DH getting home late from work. Part of me says sod it I'll snack til he gets back then he can make us something!! I am thinking of washing up though.

rafwife I demand the recipe for mozzarella and pesto potato cakes, sounds delicious!!

Lou don't worry about your LO, there's still time and if not well not to worry, you will just get to see your LO sooner! Try a ball and try all fours things and walking too. Up and down stairs even! But then your back hurts so don't punish yourself if you can't manage much!

Heather sorry you're feeling so sick!!

I went for my afternoon nap about 4pm but didn't really get any sleep. Old dog was up for afternoon playtime and I kept thinking I could smell burning food or dog poo (I couldn't smell either must just be mad!). I think I left it too late really. Booo... Now I've had to get up and eat some toast. Will be tired all night now.

i have got a ball, but because my back is agony i cant get onto the ball lol it kills
thanks for all the replies though very much appreciated, im startving but i havent been able to pick what to have for my tea, hubby just had piza, then i read all your lovely foods and feel guilty feeding him a crappy pizza

Lou
xxx

All those lovely foods for inspiration we ended up having, sausage, egg, chips and beans lol

I just fancied some good "comfort" food. Nothing better than a fry up .. lol well grilled.

Sorry your feeling crap Heather, keep your eyes and ears open though as this could wel be the start of something, just get some rest!!

PB - no problem! Will type it up. It's really simple too :) Basically make a mash, add lots of mozzarella and pesto to taste, flour a chopping board and roll mash mix into balls and flatten out into cakes, cover in flour and fry in a really hot pan with some oil.

Will type out the full recipe though. :)

To those of us who've had anemia, does it make you sore? I told my MW about my period-like pains and cramps and she said it could be related to the anemia. I'm really sore tonight again and have only just started the tablets. :(

Dunno if my anaemia has made me sore. I've not noticed any difference along the way pre and post iron tablets. Only differences have seemed linked to my progression through labour more than anything else. I still recommend trying the liquid iron, it's so much better!

Any other ladies with tasty veggie potato recipes I want to hear them! I am a connoisseur of potatoes!

It must be the way she's lying then. Period pains are quite strong atm, but they're constant and my legs are sore too so she must be pressing on something. Ho hum!

I'm a big potato lover too. Mmmm it's my one vice I think! I love making spanish tortilla. I'll have a think and see if I have any nice recipes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->