December Mums

I cant believe theyve had you waiting so long for a bloody dentist thats terrible hun!!

PB- thats really exciting about your LO being 4/5ths engaged! :happydance: Sorry you've had a rubbish afternoon though. Poor doggy, and poor you. I have a young dog who used to pee on beds and it drove me mental. Have you thought about putting baby gates up? Depends how your house is laid out, but one baby gate does the job for us.

malpal- yay for three more days! Thanks for the info about the PJs too, I was speaking to OH about needing some today.

Tyff- I don't know why they aren't as popular over here. Some people have them and I think it's lovely. I'd certainly love to go to one for someone. No one has offered me one though, and when I said that to OH he said 'but we're not American?' :dohh:

I've screwed up my sleeping pattern today. After my appointment I was feeling wiped out, so slept for over 5 hours. Guess I won't be sleeping tonight then! Got up though to make dinner and OH has painted almost the entire nursery! I am so chuffed! Was a really nice surprise so he's off out to get some beers to congratulate himself. :rofl:

awww pb what an awful afternoon - poor you!

PP - your day sounded fun, not surprised you needed a nap, xmas shopping is exhausting even when your not pregnant!!!

I've been busy busy busy making over 30 handmade christmas cards - was fun! Written them all and done envelopes but havent sealed them so we can hopefull pop a piccy if baby in there to the family ones.

Also made cornbread and voodoo shrimp recipe (trying to copy one we had in USA) and lemon cake - but it didn't set in the middle :cry: disaster! Tried to rescue the edges anywayand tipped it on a plate and called it "Kate's Lemon Mess" :D lol hubby enjoyed it anyway! x x

bambikate, can you post the recipes up? I *love* cornbread and haven't had any since I moved to the UK when I was 16. Glad your hubby liked it. :) We're having a roast dinner tonight with huge roast potatoes lashing of gravy. Mmmm.

Peanutbean-4/5 engaged is pretty damn exciting but what a shame to have it followed up by incontinance pooch. :( My cat woke me up in a similar fashion this morning by yacking up the biscuits that she wolfed down for breakfast. Why can't they stay in one sodding place to do these things eh? She spread it all over the landing, into the bathroom and down the stairs. :hissy: I didn't think I'd even fed her that much. :shock:

Rafwife-what a lovely surprise. :D Do you think he planned the congratulatory beers in advance? :rofl:

Paloma-Hope you get your early night after all that now. :D I got some fab 'Snoopy' PJs from H&M for about £16 and the Slippers to match. :laugh2: They're proper Maternity wear ones too with poppers in the front for BFing.

PP-I gotta laugh at the vouchers hon. :rofl: It's great that they'll send you some more out tho. :D

bambikate, can you post the recipes up? I *love* cornbread and haven't had any since I moved to the UK when I was 16. Glad your hubby liked it. :) We're having a roast dinner tonight with huge roast potatoes lashing of gravy. Mmmm.

Here you go hun:

225g Butter
225g plain flour, sifted
225g medium yellow cornmeal
1 tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
475ml whole milk

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.

1. Melt the butter

2. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and make a well in centre. Crack in the eggs and pour in the milk and melted butter and stir well with a wooden spoon, working fast so that the butter doesn’t harden.

3. Pour the mixture into the warm baking tin, transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.

P.S We spent 30 mins trapsing round Sainsbury's looking for "cornmeal" only to come home empty handed. Googled it and realised it's also called Polenta :dohh: just incase you have trouble finding it!

P.P.S I added a little bit of dried rosemary in mine cuz thats what we had in House of Blues in Orlando and it goes really well.

Have fun! x x

bambikate that is dedication god i can just about cope with washing up after meals let alone cooking them and then additional things lol,
nice that your making your xmas cards i used to make handmade cards but when i found out i was preg i sold all my stuff as we havent got the space for it all.

hope your all ok, im just chilling, we have just watched a film and had choc brownie and custard for pudding yummy!!!

Lou
xxx

Peanutbean-4/5 engaged is pretty damn exciting but what a shame to have it followed up by incontinance pooch. :( My cat woke me up in a similar fashion this morning by yacking up the biscuits that she wolfed down for breakfast. Why can't they stay in one sodding place to do these things eh? She spread it all over the landing, into the bathroom and down the stairs. :hissy: I didn't think I'd even fed her that much. :shock:

Rafwife-what a lovely surprise. :D Do you think he planned the congratulatory beers in advance? :rofl:

Paloma-Hope you get your early night after all that now. :D I got some fab 'Snoopy' PJs from H&M for about £16 and the Slippers to match. :laugh2: They're proper Maternity wear ones too with poppers in the front for BFing.

PP-I gotta laugh at the vouchers hon. :rofl: It's great that they'll send you some more out tho. :D

Because if they didn't cover as much surface area as possible with their lovely barf, then it wouldn't be a proper barf-a-thon now, would it? I swear my cats have competitions to see who can barf over the most square footage. For awhile, Handsome Hobbes would only barf from high perches, so that he could achieve the "cascade of barf" effect very artistically and get some splashing effects, as well.
Awwww. How adorable. Kitty bulimia. Gotta love it!

PB - Mat leave starts for me at the end of the month. I guess Nov.28? I am really really ready to go.
I'm just so cranky and scattered. I am really short-tempered too. I feel like telling everyone to just go take a flying f88k at themselves, and no one has really done anything. I'm just pregnant and angry.
I went back to bed this morning and slept for another hour. I didn't come in to work until almost 11! And I don't care. I dare someone to say something to me. I just dare them!
Grrr. Teeth gnashing. Irrational pregnant rage warning!

I've always wondered the same thing about my animals. Like why my dog will choose to throw up on the carpet when the tile floor is like *maybe* 2 inches to the left of him.

:dohh:

Sorry to hear you're grouchy, Sarahkka. I know how you feel... I'm getting pretty cranky myself these days!

Lollylou1 - Mmmm... brownies.... :rofl:

Peanutbean - Ugh! Sorry to hear about the pooch! It can be very frustrating!!! But congrats on the LO's engaged part though! I agree! Very exciting! :wohoo:

I've always wondered the same thing about my animals. Like why my dog will choose to throw up on the carpet when the tile floor is like *maybe* 2 inches to the left of him.

:dohh:

Sorry to hear you're grouchy, Sarahkka. I know how you feel... I'm getting pretty cranky myself these days!

Lollylou1 - Mmmm... brownies.... :rofl:

Peanutbean - Ugh! Sorry to hear about the pooch! It can be very frustrating!!! But congrats on the LO's engaged part though! I agree! Very exciting! :wohoo:

Thanks, Tyff!
It's pretty funny when I think about it.
It's like Shri saying how she just felt like growling at people.
It's so primal, but so satisfying.
I have lots of times when I'm happy, too, but I don't trust myself. I feel like I could snap on someone almost any second.
Preggos are dangerous!!

Morning all ,

Hows everyone doing ???

Pb , sorry to hear you had a bad afternoon , dont you just love your pets oooh and fantastic news about being 4-5th !!!!!
PP, Glad you fun shopping !

And :hugs: to all of you who are feeling cranky !!

Ive woken up with a terrible headache this morning and to top it off it seems as if bubba is having a quiet day ,infact ive had no movement yet !!

hi momandpeanut, i hope that you get some movements soon, my bump hasnt been moving much for about a week, only really moving in the evening not much at all throughout the day.
sarahkka i hope you feel less grumpy soon

i think i must have a rare breed of cat as he is never ever sick(touch wood) he is naughty lol but not sick so thats good for me.

well today i must do my NVQ i really must but i honestly cant be bothered, i have to go into work on thursday to see her and hand everything in but just dont have any sort of motivation at all to do it. any suggestions? its not like i have to move its all on the computer but i cant get my brain to function to think of the answers to things i think its because im off work!!!
got virgin media coming to fix my tv today too so waiting in for them till 4

Lou
xxx

rafwife - we've had baby gates up for about a month now! lol Stops the old dog struggling to go up and down stairs to follow us about as he has the worst arthritis and falls downstairs sometimes. On this occasion he was being taken outside by my DH. It just falls out of him!!

AM - there is a special physics law about the volume of food consumed and the area of flooring that is can cover when regurgitated. It's related to the law Dr Who exploits with the tardis! lol

Ebin poos in the house all the time, there's not a lot that can be done about it, Jess (who gets squits quite a bit) has never ever pooed in the house in all the years we've had her, however she has no qualms about vomiting in it. Doesn't even attempt to get to the back door, though she'll hold in poos for days if she has to! I don't get it! And it is always on a carpet. We've only got the stairs and bedrooms carpeted but somehow any mess is always on the carpet...

Aw Sarahkka, you'll be nearly term by the end of the month! Can't you leave sooner? I was 35 weeks and couldn't have gone on another day! You go in at 11am. God knows my hours were a laugh towards the end!

Lou - I've no suggestions for motivation building. I stayed in bed until half 10 today and I'm still in my jamas! I don't even care!

My plans for today are to sand the last wall of skirting I didn't do yesterday (really only a small job with the electric sander), shower, walk the dogs. DH is working late tonight so I've loads of time to fill after that but dunno what with. If I've the energy I'll undercoat the skirting. If I've not I'll nap and mooch about watching crap on TV, chatting on here and maybe do some embroidery. It's the high life for me!

Hi ladies!
Hugs to all you who are feeling low/grouchy or poorley xXx
Got a nice early night last night! Yay though shame I couldnt sleep very well due to Dp snoring! and Abbi joining us at about 1.30! lol Its amazing how much bed space a 22 month old can take up! I was too tired to take her back to her own bed though xXx
Never mind eh? I should be used to it by now, its not going to get any better either when new baby arrives! lol another 12 months of minimal sleep xXx

Having two dogs I can totally sympathise with the barfing/pooing situations!
My lil terrier has a strange habbit of licking the carpet/dog bed and floor then barfing up a hair ball! She once threw up one of Noahs socks! and will happily eat anything that touches the floor without looking at it! she's weird xXx
I woke up in the night not long ago to hear a strange rustling sound, on investigation I found her happily chewing her way through my Argos catalogue! (I do feed her honest!)

Hehehe. I was just thinking that. :lol:

Kitty Bulimia and Dr Who physics. :huh: :rofl:

Glad you got an early night Poloma. :D

Charlie woke us up early hours after what I think must have been a nightmare. He clung to my OH for about 30mins and wouldn't go back to bed until I'd shown him all round the landing and bathroom that there was nothing there. :hugs: Weird thing is that both clocks in the nursery stopped last night. :huh: At different times mind you but both stopped last night I know for certain. Weird Huh?

lmao all of your pets are nuts!! Mine have always been quite good at the pooping/puking in the right places lol.

Well my 35wk appointment was great ... LO is engaged, she didnt say how much but even a tiny bit engaged is better than being completely free right? But this whole business about not doing a sweep until your 41 + 5 must actually be a joke ... by the time i get induced it'll be into January. I think not!!

Glad yor lil one is engaging PP! Great news xXx
She will come when she is "cooked to perfection!" and ready to see you xXx

Noah was due on the 3rd of August but didnt arrive till the 16th! and Abbi was due the 17th Jan but didnt show up till the 26th! lol and the extra wait was worth it xXx Just remember your due date isnt written in stone, its only a guesstimation based on your last AF.

It will happen eventually, it has too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"