December Mums

Welcome Anja. :hi:

Any other ladies with tasty veggie potato recipes I want to hear them! I am a connoisseur of potatoes!

Happy to oblige my dear. :D

Cheese and Tomato Potato Bake

Make a large pot of mash. Fry an onion and combine with the mash. Slice some fresh tomato, Chop a bunch of Spinach and grate loads of cheese. Layer up in a large Pyrex dish with mixed herbs and garlic granules to taste. Top off with mash, grated cheese and a sprinkling of herbs. Bake in the oven on 200deg for about 20mins or until the top is golden brown and the contents are bubbling. :D

It is fantastic even if I do say so myself. :blush:

Aw Lollys both, what a nasty time you're both having. :( :hugs: Each.

Welcome Anja. :hi:

Any other ladies with tasty veggie potato recipes I want to hear them! I am a connoisseur of potatoes!

Happy to oblige my dear. :D

Cheese and Tomato Potato Bake

Make a large pot of mash. Fry an onion and combine with the mash. Slice some fresh tomato, Chop a bunch of Spinach and grate loads of cheese. Layer up in a large Pyrex dish with mixed herbs and garlic granules to taste. Top off with mash, grated cheese and a sprinkling of herbs. Bake in the oven on 200deg for about 20mins or until the top is golden brown and the contents are bubbling. :D

It is fantastic even if I do say so myself. :blush:

Aw Lollys both, what a nasty time you're both having. :( :hugs: Each.

scottish potato soup is nice too

Welcome Anja :wave:

Good luck with your scan nessa

Well i have just got back from hospital with pains and reduced movements. The MW said the pains are my cervix softening and strecting and im 1cm dilated. So its just the cervix opening slightly basically.

I was scanned :cloud9: and i saw my little man :happydance: God he has gotten so big, his little knees were scrunched up near his face and his hands were over his eyes. I asked an estimate of how much he weighs at the moment and she said about 6lbs so far. So not too big. They checked the blood flow through the cord and that was perfect as they were scanning me he woke uo and kneed the person doing the scan lo. I went on a cgt and that was fine. So ive been sent home and told to keep an eye on the pains and if i have any more concerns or problems to ring in straight away
xx

Morning December Mom's!

Those recipies sound awesome. I love potoatos as well! :happydance: Off to the hospital for my Non-Stress Test, looking forward to hearing Baby Girl's heartbeat :cloud9:

Then it's off to visit with my nephew and SIL. :happydance: Hope everyone is having a great day, and Welcome Anja!

Tattie Soup:

1 chopped onion
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 medium-sized potatoes peeled and diced
Cup of milk
2 oz/50 g butter
A further one or two tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper

Chop the vegetables into roughly even sized pieces. Melt the butter and sauté the onion until they are yellow and soft.
]
Add the other vegetables and continue sautéing with the lid on, over a low heat, for 5-10 minutes.

Add 3 cups water or stock and season with salt and pepper and add the bay leaf. Cook until the vegetables are tender. When vegetables are ready, remove the bay leaf and add 1 cup of milk and 1-2 tablespoons butter.

**** for a very indulgent soup, use single cream instead of milk, and use mashed potato instead of diced onces and blitz in a food processor once cooked ****

You can also add cheese to this recipe to make chedder potato soup.

That sounds gorgeous Rafwife and could be used as a basis for any root vegetable soup. I think I'll give it a go with some celeriac added. :D Nom Nom.

I'm quite tempted to make the indulgent version this afternoon. It's certainly cold enough for soup!

Thanks girls. Glad im not the only one, lol.
She seems to be pushing down ALOT. Every night without fail.
I'm checkin if I've lost my plug everytime I go loo, ha ha.

Ditto Donna, I'm checking every time too. The shooting engagement type pains are actually quite sore, but I suppose it means something is happening!

Hiya Anja! :)

Gud luk with the scan Nessa. :hugs:

Oooo AM, Your body's getting ready :D Shouldnt be long now then. W00!

I thought that but I just checked in the fridge and I don't have enough potatoes. :dohh:

Have to go with the Mushrooms in white wine and cream sauce with Spinach pasta and Garlic bread. Oh well eh? :lol: :angelnot:

Do you ever feel like maybe you spend too much time on here? :blush::rofl:

Aint they just! I'm dreading when she gets fully engaged, I'll be walkin like a penguin! :rofl:

Trying to think of what to do for dinner tonight veggie wise. I really fancy tattie skins with lots of cheese, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Mmmm heartburn central! lol

Or maybe some halloumi (squeaky!) cheese with salad and pasta.....

As for spending too much time on her...errrrm no *cough* :blush:

Anyway if I wasn't on here I'd just be annoying my OH :rofl:

I choose door number one please mathew! :lol: sounds yummy.

If I wasn't on here I'd be quietly rocking back and forth in the corner. :rofl: Keeps me sane this place. :wacko:

thanks for all the welcomes!!!

Just got back from scan and it was hillarious....Tolly (my little one) was playing with her tongue. the sonographer managed to get really clear images of her....very funny and incredibly cute!!!

I have a feeling i will be spending alot of time on here now....nesting is starting to kick in but not that strongly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->