December Mums

Welcome Brasil123!
Look at you and your poor little avatar - you are blue, aren't you?
My moods have been mostly pretty good. Pregnancy seems to have agreed with me for the most part. When I get moody, it tends to be more on the irrational anger and indignation side. Which is just as disturbing for my poor husband and two cats! Who knew that leaving the cap off the toothpaste could cause WW3? My husband does now!
It's tough to see through the hormone fog and recognize that the misery is just biochemical. I have also been told that if it's really prolonged and you can't shake it, you should definitely mention it to your doctor or midwife.
Meanwhile, I hope it lifts a bit in the next few weeks!

Not everyone notices them ladies it dont mean anything i dont think!!!

so dont worry babys will all be coming out soon!!:happydance:

i have had pretty bad period like pains today but im prob doing too much, walked the dog this morning got back went to mothercare ( again!) and b&q, finished washing all babys clothes and bedding etc, built the crib up, i feel exhausted and my back is killing but i JUST CANNOT RELAX?!!!!

is anyone else feeling like this?! im buzzing around the house like there is a rocket up my arse?! have felt like it for a few days its doing my head in!!!:rofl:

what is it? my mum says its a something that happens in the run up to before you have baby a big burst of energy!!!

whats everyone else up to? xxxx

oh and good luck Molly!!!! xxx

Totally!
I was calling it my "squirrel on speed" phase!
Then I caught a bad cold and that knocked it out of me for awhile.
But after the last few days of proper rest and feeling much healthier, I am starting to get that itching, restless, gotta-sort-things feeling again.
My latest itch is to go buy a chest freezer and fill it full of meals! And not just prepackaged frozen stuff from the grocery store! Oh no! I won't be satisfied with that! I am going to fill this freezer with home-made chicken pot pie and tortiere and dozens upon dozens of baked goods and lasagnas and pizzas - all made from scratch, of course!! Even the pastry!
And then I need to cover casseroles and soup!

Oh, and I need to finish knitting a sweater for my brother, a scarf and hat set for my friend and a baby blanket.

And I might also make a wreath from dried flowers from my wedding.

And rearrange all the furniture in my bedroom.

And wash and sort all the baby things.

And make homemade xmas and farewell gifts for everyone at work.

Those are just a few things that have suddenly become really urgent in the past 24 hours.
And I haven't started mat leave yet.
God help us all when I actually have some time on my hands!

Forget monitoring my platelet levels. If the scientific community really wanted to make some profitable discoveries in the next little while, they should be doing an in-depth analysis of my blood chemistry right now. Surely, there is something impressive going on that can be synthesized in pill form and sold to the masses?
Because unless I get walloped by another cold, I will get that list done. And then some. It's frightening.

Hello lovelies. I've been meaning to catch up on this thread for aaaaaaggggggggeeeeeessss.

Trying to pack my hospital bag today. I don't know what to pack to wear for going home in. Something that will be comfy that's for sure - and won't bother my c-section scar.

Right - I'm going to spend ages procrastinating on the hospital bag now while I go back and read everyones' posts here and find out what is going on for you all. But first a bit of chocolate methinks...

(heartburn is constant and really horrid at the moment, so I'm just trying to ignore it)

Hello lovelies. I've been meaning to catch up on this thread for aaaaaaggggggggeeeeeessss.

Trying to pack my hospital bag today. I don't know what to pack to wear for going home in. Something that will be comfy that's for sure - and won't bother my c-section scar.

Right - I'm going to spend ages procrastinating on the hospital bag now while I go back and read everyones' posts here and find out what is going on for you all. But first a bit of chocolate methinks...

(heartburn is constant and really horrid at the moment, so I'm just trying to ignore it)

Oooooo chocolate!
I have to share: normally, I am a hardcore dark chocolate only girl, but I discovered this marvellous Lavender Milk Chocolate bar called Tranquility. It is so freaking yummy! and I really have been getting blissed out by it.
I'm with you on both getting around to packing a hospital bag and procrastinating on BnB, Shri!
But I have also found this lovely place (perhaps brought on by said chocolate?) of just not caring all that much about what gets done. I vascilate between this and being uber-nesty and wanting to do a thousand projects.
Pregnancy is so odd.

I can share some of my BH if you like ladies? :rofl: I get them alllll the time. So uncomfortable.

x

The fact that Sophie 1205 made the 1,205th reply in this thread has really amused me!

I sooooo need to get out more :rofl:

Has anyone noticed how a handful of Dec mummies are leaving us already!!

BrittBS and maybe Molly, well Molly will be i dont think she's going to hang it out until December lol

We are being abandoned ladies!!

It's funny about the chocolate - I used to love it, then went off it then for most of the pregnancy I haven't been that bothered - now in the 3rd tri, I have to have some everyday!

As for BH's - I have them too often. I'd gladly share them if it was possible, with anyone who wants to know what it's like.
If anyone has read Harry Potter and the description given for what it feels like to Apparate - that to me is exactly like a braxton hicks

He was being pressed, very hard from all directions, he could not breathe, there were iron bands tightening around his chest...he felt like he had just been forced through a very tight rubber tube

except it's mostly around the belly area.

Hospital bag hospital bag...
So, what are the december mum's packing for baby to wear on the way home? I have a little warm outer suit thingy but it looks like it will be massive on the baby. Obviously they will need something warm but also what about their little cord nubs? How do you dress them without that getting bothered by the clothes or the car seat straps come to that?

As it will be the depths of December when my babykins arrives, he will need wool, and lots of it, to survive!
I have a little soft cotton onesie for next to his skin, then an awfully cute little striped woolen shirt and tights to keep out the cold, then a beautiful wool bunting bag knit by my mum to cover all of that! And even more layers of blankets, etc, should it be -50 out. The woollies are extra fine merino, so he should be very cozy without any itching.
Our house is very drafty and chilly so I will get good mileage out of the wool.
I will be very cross if baby has a wool allergy, however! All those cute sweaters wasted! He better not!

Am travelling to London next weekend, do you girls think it is worth me packing at least some of my hospital bag to take, or is that totally OTT?

I'll be 34 +4 when I am there and about a 3 hour trip from home.

I'd take my hospital bag and notes tbh. Better to be on the safe side even though you're unlikely to need it. When I was about 28 weeks I travelled 4 hours from home and ended up in hospital with premature labour.

I'd take a small bag hun, maybe not your entire hosp bag but just a few essentials and deffo your notes JUST incase lol

The fact that Sophie 1205 made the 1,205th reply in this thread has really amused me!

I sooooo need to get out more :rofl:

:rofl: That's awesome.

I'd bring the notes and a small bag of essentails, but I am a "better safe than sorry" type of girl. So long as you have the room for it, what's the harm? :D

id defo take your notes hun, mine practically live in the car, and pack a small bag of bits just incase, altho fingers crossed you wont need it.

GoodMorning ladies
well had a really good nights sleep i think having a few days RnR did this reched flu gd as its practically gone now. i feal really giddy and energetic lol and it aint even 7am....BARMY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->