December Mums

Hope you're ok Roxie! :hugs:

Sorry you're all hurting. :( I haven't had constant pains like you all are describing, just what Rafwife described as the baby engaging pain.

Lou - Awww, not sick as well! :hugs:

Rafwife and Sophie - Yay for being full term today!!!!!

PP - Hope all goes well with your dog. It does all happen at once, eh?

Brockie - Even though I know our bodies are designed for birth and whatnot, I have the same fears too!

Got my 34 weeks prenatal app't today. I don't expect it to be very interesting, but after this one I'll go weekly so hopefully that speeds the time up for me somehow.

Happy Friday!

Afternoon ladies. How is everyone today? I'm shitty as anything!

MW came today with pool and homebirthing kit. Toys r Us delivered our new cotbed mattress, safety locks and baby grooming kit. A bunch more things to tick off the list. In theory a good day, in practice I'm in agonies! So hope this isn't pre-labour clear out. My worst fear is going into labour tomorrow when DH is away. :-(

Tyff you should so get Animal Crossing, it's fab! Malpal make sure you let me know when it's delivered and after the obligatory few days obsessive play we can meet in the city! We had it for Game Cube too, my current favourite. I really hope the Wii version will take the best of both games. I started a new Game Cube one during 2nd tri but then got well enough to be too busy with work to keep it up!

Sarahkka - congrats on your last box! I got really mad at 35 weeks. There was an issue with my leaving do at work because suddenly some other guy I'd never heard of was leaving too and I just got soo pissed off. Normally in such occasions I would never let on I was upset but I was all for cancelling the meal!

PP and rafwife, how do you resist helping? I love assembling furniture and got stuck in with the cot, even the infuriating arrangement of all the poles into their holes. I've washed almost all the bedding now, time for a marathon iron. May as well make it flat and neat the first time as God knows I won't bother after baby is here!

rafwife - I'm in agonies with my guts (at least I think it is). Been getting regular BH and mild period pains quite frequently but the gut pain is by far the dominating feature right now. Get cervical pain when LO stretches too. Maybe you're just getting more intense BH that are a bit more painful than just uncomfortable?

PP - hope your doggy is ok. My old one has a lump on his head but we can't afford to get it looked at right now. :-(

Congrats to those who are term today!

Hope everything's ok Roxie.

Good luck at your appointment Tyff.

Peanutbean - Should I get it for the Wii or for the PS3? I've been trying to look around but all I keep finding is that it's out on the Nitendo DS. I have one of those too. Which would you recommend?

Peanutbean - Should I get it for the Wii or for the PS3? I've been trying to look around but all I keep finding is that it's out on the Nitendo DS. I have one of those too. Which would you recommend?

You need the brand new one for Wii. Dunno when it will be out in Canada though. The DS one is fun though if you want to try it out and maybe can get a 2nd hand one for cheap.

im on my ball and it feels like the babys heads right on my cervix! very odd pulling/pushy stingy sensation..... anyone else got/getting/had this?

Hi ladies, updated my post from earlier, still waiting for MW to call back.
Great news about your MW visit PB!!!!!! Yay

im on my ball and it feels like the babys heads right on my cervix! very odd pulling/pushy stingy sensation..... anyone else got/getting/had this?

Me! :wave: It literally felt like her head was pushing against the cervix and then a sting!!!! and I think I had my first BH proper today - a definate tightening of my whole tummy and it went really hard! lol

Molly - when are you putting your deccy's up? We wanna already have them up so we don't have to do it with a new born but worried it's too early (which it is but I don't care cuz I luff Christmas! lol) x x

Hubby and I just had PROPER baked potatoes for tea.... :D Thanks for the tips girls they were ace!!! Ha ha.

PP - Hope your doggy is ok hun x x

Back from the hospital! Waters haven't broken but I am having contractions! They told me to go back in once they are regular. They are definatly more regular since I got home but still not regular and long enough to go back in! grrrr! They were 5 or 6 mins apart lasting 45 seconds but now I just had a break of 12 mins with nothing etc. Ah well guess I'll be on contractionmaster.com for a bit then!

I ended up in hospital yesterday afternoon girls having an ecg thingy done, so they could do a trace on his heart, was all very frightening, but things seem ok.

Hope everyone is having a nice Friday night, I think we might put the cot up!:happydance:

Michy, glad everything is ok hun :hugs:

Roxie - wow, exciting stuff! Hope it doesn't tail off for you as I imagine that would be very frustrating. Keep us updated on how you are. :)

PB- are you feeling any better now?

I resist helping OH with furniture because I'm not allowed :rofl: I did study Engineering at uni for awhile though, so I love taking things to bits. I was very tempted for years to get a part time job as a mechanic while studying :blush:

What's everyone up to tonight?

I've decided I can't be arsed cooking tonight too so am deciding on whether to order a chinese or indian takeaway. :blush:

Michy - I'm glad too that everything is OK! That mustv'e been scary! :hugs:

PeanutBean - I saw it at the store today actually. They want nearly $80 for it, as it comes bundled with some sort of chat-online-doohicky type thing. I might cave and buy it, it looks really good. Similar to Boom Blox... have you tried that? It's AWESOME.

34 week app't went really well! I'm measuring at 36 weeks, so a week ahead (as I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow). Which is better than the 2 weeks ahead I've been measuring since 28 weeks. Did my Group B Strep test aaaaaaand.....

They won't let me go past my due date! :happydance:

He said that my blood sugars are being controlled well through diet, so he thinks they'll let me go to term (but won't know for certain until later) but definitely will NOT let me go past the 27th of December!!!!

I can't believe it'll be 5 weeks (or less!) until she's here!!!!

Woah.:shock: Reality Check time!

Elo. Been to midwife today. Everything fine with me and baby. I was concerned about my bump going smaller, and she said I'm measuring perfect for my dates. It's because baby is engaging. I got worried, cause it's really gone down now lol. I can powerwalk like I used too, and I don't walk like a pregnant woman anymore. I don't feel like I have anything there. Cause before it was heavy. I go every week now until due date. If I go over I've got an appointment booked for 2 days after my due date - But Im hoping to have had her by then lol. I was having mild pains either side of my back at the bottom and tightenings last night, wahey. But nothing today, so my bodys just playing games with me lol.

Hope you're all good, and having a good start 2 the weekend. :D x

Michy - glad everything's ok!
Roxie - keep up the good work!
Tyff - you can get the game without the Wii speak. Here the wii speak adds £20 to the price, give or take. We're going to get it though as other games will use it no doubt!
Donna - glad you had a good MW appointment. We'll all noticing some changes now I think! Did you see I finally posted my bump pic? It's huge!
rafwife - thanks for asking! I got more ill and now I'm in less pain. DH is feeling pains too so we're fairly confident it is the bug that's been going round as I'd have to have got it from him. I think I was already funny though and this has just made me worse. Hoping to feel better tomorrow as I've a day out with my sis.

DH came back from work with loads of goodies to help me through tomorrow night and Sun morning without him. He brought two fluffy rom coms from the library, loads of cakes and crisps, tasty snack things like bagels, and has now cooked a big spinach and ricotta stuffed pancakes dish so I've food for tomorrow night. He is the best!

Tonight we're going to watch Heroes and I'm going to do a little ironing. I've washed all the baby's things now so got a marathon of bedding to iron. Going to do it in installments as standing and the heat of it really knocks me up.

What's everyone else up to tonight? Anyone having (or had!) as delicious a tea as me?

Hey girls just popping in to say hi havnt been on here much today ive just sat down for the first time all day!! i had work then came home to get ready as i went out for an indian meal with the OH family!!
I actually wore heels for the first time in about... well ages i cant even remember the last time!! my feet are abit sore now tho!!
Hope everyones well xx

Looks like I probably won't be a December Mummy after all girls (which I'm actually a bit sad about!)

Lost my plug tonight and have been having irregular contractions since. I don't feel like I'm in labour though, so think it could be awhile yet. Can't see it being 10+ days though if I'm already getting irregular contractions.

Typically, mothercare were supposed to deliver almost all my hospital bag contents today and it didn't arrive and is now coming on Monday :dohh: Have packed what I can though.

omg raf wife you can't ditch us too!!!!!! lol just kidding. is hubby away at the moment, can he fly home if this is deffo it? good luck sweetie x x

Hubby is leaving tomorrow night :dohh: We're going to make a judgement call tomorrow about if he's going or not depending on how I'm feeling. If he does go though, he'll try and backseat in an RAF aircraft to come home but that will only work if there is one available and coming up north anyway.

Looks like I probably won't be a December Mummy after all girls (which I'm actually a bit sad about!)

Lost my plug tonight and have been having irregular contractions since. I don't feel like I'm in labour though, so think it could be awhile yet. Can't see it being 10+ days though if I'm already getting irregular contractions.

Typically, mothercare were supposed to deliver almost all my hospital bag contents today and it didn't arrive and is now coming on Monday :dohh: Have packed what I can though.

Omg!!!!

It's okay, even if you have your LO in November you'll still be an honourary December Mum! :hugs:

How exciting!!! :happydance: Anything vital that you would need if you did go into Labour? Could someone drop it off for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->