December Puddings 2017! -24BFP! x

I'm pretty organised. Have bought so much clothes and bits and bobs, need to order his chest of drawers soon so I can get it all out and sorted.

I'll probably bring down the crib etc once we're back from our holiday next week, currently in Majorca.

Hope you're having a good time! I'm scared to get it all out because ever since I found it it's a girl I haven't been able to stop myself :happydance:

Hey all!

Sounds like we are all starting to get ready. I have my little ones nursery taking shape now. Got her cot, changing table and rocking chair all set up and the cutest little baby gym that was a purchase for me really as it was so pretty but probably too pastel colours for her to really enjoy at the start- oh well! Ordered a play mat from etsy that I can't wait to arrive and her pram is all ordered and should be arriving at the end of the month.

Had a nesting moment where I had an urge to wash all of her clothes and sort out her dresser. I then spent a good hour getting all teary as I folded this gorgeously soft, freshly washed tiny baby clothes and putting them away. Never thought I'd enjoy laundry so much- but a first (and probably last) time for everything!

I'm pretty organised. Have bought so much clothes and bits and bobs, need to order his chest of drawers soon so I can get it all out and sorted.

I'll probably bring down the crib etc once we're back from our holiday next week, currently in Majorca.

Hope you're having a good time! I'm scared to get it all out because ever since I found it it's a girl I haven't been able to stop myself :happydance:

We are, thank you!

I'm the same funnily enough. Boy after three girls and all my stuff is still is carrier bags in upstairs cupboards :dohh:

I'm majorly behind, but we are moving when baby is around a month old so I won't get too crazy anyway. It kind of stinks, but oh well.

I'm no where near ready, I have a next 2 me sleeper, pram and car seat and that's about it 🤣🤣 I will buy 3 packs of grows/vests and some hats/socks in neutral colours in the next week along with my hospital bag stuff some nappies/wipes and that's it until Baby is born, no point buying much as don't know whether pink or blue 😀

Hospital bag stuff I need to get sorted. I bought an actual bag and 1 night shirt so far. I want to get that sorted over the next few weeks and bag the changing bag for baby.
Ribs are really aching tonight. She's in such a funny positions, kind of diagonal. MW said I must have a funny angled womb cus it does say it's tilted backwards and my youngest LO never went head down and just stayed in this similar position lol.

Oh yeah I guess it's time for hospital bags to be packed too! I didn't even use half the stuff I brought to the hospital last time, I was in so much pain after that I just stayed in the hospital gown and did alot of skin to skin so didn't even have baby dressed while we were there, it was summer though so it'll be different this time round!

I think this little one is in an awkward position too, I wish I could figure out what's what when she's kicking me! Although the midwife told me this week that she thinks she is head down but probably posterior like last time.

I haven't even thought about a hospital bag yet! I'll do it in a month or so :haha:

I haven't even thought about a hospital bag yet! I'll do it in a month or so :haha:

I only grabbed mine cus it was like £3 in primark sale and I didn't have a bag big enough :haha: it was a nightmare when I was in a couple times early on with sickness I had about 5 little bags with me lol so I thought I'd grab one when I saw them.

What is everyone craving this time around? I'm not really having strong ones this time, only for the smell of flash bleach recently which is a sign of getting anaemic for me. My bloods are being checked tomorrow though.

I haven't had any really specific cravings just wanting sweet stuff like cakes and pastries! I thought I wasn't really putting weight on so I've been over indulging!

I'm having a really hard time deciding whether to do homebirth this time, my midwife says I should just prepare for one anyway incase it turns out to be fast then at least I will be prepared. 2nd labour always faster right?

They say subsequent labours are faster but I guess you never really know with these babies :haha:

I've had no cravings this time round. Very strange.

I'm so tired the last few days. Work plus school runs, three kids and the daily grind of housework etc is running me ragged!

I'm super tired too, meeting has definitely kicked in over the past few days but apart from that I can't be bothered to do much. I get breathless so easily she's so high up!

Hi ladies. Thought I would update.

So last Thursday my blood pressure was at 172/120. I went in and was monitored for around 3 hrs. BP went down to 134/84 and despite contractions 3-4 minutes apart my cervix length was 3.5 and so I was released. I had to do a 24hr urine collection, and I turned that in on Friday. My BP on Friday was 142/86. I was given orders to rest and I came back today (monday). BP was 134/90. On good note the protein in urine was acceptable levels so no pre-e yet. But I do officially have the diagnosis of gestational hypertension. I'll be getting a NST and be seen every week now.

It's been a bit of a roller coaster.

Eek hope she stays in a little bit longer silas. We're nearly at the end now! My c section has been scheduled for 30th November but I'll stay here with the December mummies

Oh hoping all remains okay Silas!

Boothh that really is not long away at all is it?! Time is absolutely flying by.

I've not been feeling well today. BP was 146/92 but I'm just feeling it today. Get my first NST tomorrow morning.

Oh hoping all remains okay Silas!

Boothh that really is not long away at all is it?! Time is absolutely flying by.

It's mad isn't it. I feel like I've been pregnant forever but also feel like it's come around so soon :haha:

I'm really feeling it now, lots of aches and pains and feeling generally uncomfortable, I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead too so according to that my bump is full term so it's no wonder lol:dohh: I'm guessing she'll be 8lbs 5oz though. So not my biggest haha.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hope all is well Silas, how was the NST?
I feel the same boothh, so uncomfortable all the time. I get like a constant braxton hicks whenever I'm standing or walking? Anyone else? The only time my bump is not rock hard and painful is when I lie on my side.?
So exciting that you have your date already, so soon too!

I don't really know how the NST went lol, my blood pressure was 158/94 and so I was hooked up for a bit but then got a wheelchair ride over to the OB ward and put on the monitor there. They didn't say anything about it so I'm assuming it was going okay. I was released after 4 hrs. I'll get another this next week, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like that again. Lol

Just popping in hope everyone is well!
I've been buying bits for my hospital bag today, making it all seem so close now.
And I just wanted to remind anyone planning to BF to grab some lansinoh nipple cream. Honestly it's suchhhh a life saver in the first few days! Can't recommend it enough and I wish I'd known about it before I already had super sore cracks with my second! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->