*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

:xmas6::xmas7:hi all

I'm pondering a thought, how do people feel about choosing a date for a c section for non medical reasons?
the reason I ask is because as a general rule (3 out of 3 babies ) I go way over my due date, 1st baby 9 days late, 2nd baby 11 days late and induced, 3rd baby 13 days late and induced!!!
never had a section before and am dubious about having one but I don't want to go too far over and end up needing an induction over the christmas period and being away from my other kiddies to have this one at xmas?

what would you do in my shoes????

Fifipots, I'd do what's best for you and family, but I'd research into csection just as it may have more of an impact over christmas as you would have had a major surgery which you willbe recovering from. But I think if it's right for you then it is something you should discuss with consultant, maybe they will only offer you certain dates, I dunno. Lol probably shouldn't have replied not really that knowledgable :haha:

fifipots, can you just schedule an induction instead? I know people who have done that in order to make sure their doctor is the one on call when their baby is being born. I can understand not wanting to be in the hospital on christmas, especially given your history. C-sections don't sound pleasant, so make sure you know what you are getting yourself into first! good luck with that decision!

Aww I'mSoTired - I won't get one until at least July 17th and they haven't even scheduled it yet - they won't until after my 16 week appointment on June 22. That's what makes me want to schedule a private one.

Lolly - I love the pic of your dd. She is the cutest!

I'd prefer to give birth naturally but I'm much more concerned with the safe delivery of my baby so if C-section I must, C-section I will. Without hesitation -weird right? lol

Juless - how are you today hun?

I was laying down last night and felt something that was like a little "pop" inside, kind of like popcorn or something. Could that be movement? I know it's early but I couldn't help but to think. It didn't feel like gas (believe me, I know what that is and usually it's expelled quickly) but I don't think they say you feel anything at 13weeks. Anyways, I can't wait until I feel baby moving all the time :)

Awww thanks Blu :) we think she's ok :haha:

That definitely sounds like the first movements you're feeling!! Exciting! :yipee:

Munch, i've been craving vegetables...but covered in full fat sour cream based dip :) Not sure if that counts as healthy or not, but man do those carrots/broccoli/tomatoes taste good in ranch :)

Lolly, can you please move my date up to Dec 16? I had another scan today and i was actually measuring even farther along than that, but they stuck with the date that was given by the first ultrasound, so i am no longer a Dec 18 girl.

the scan was great! LO was bouncing all around and making it hard for the tech to get her proper neck measurements for the NT test. In the end he/she cooperated and we got a good set of measurements that the doctor said looked normal, but we will have to wait to see with the bloods. by the end LO was sucking his/her thumb. Sooo freakin cute! I asked for a pic of it, but its a little hard to tell there is a hand up there. She also printed 2 other pics for me that she said were super cute, but i look at them and just wish i had a bunch of cute baby profile pictures :)

Wow what amazing pics!! I love the middle one where you can see baby's eyes :cloud9: I agree, bubs looks much further along! Will change your EDD now :)

:xmas6::xmas7:hi all

I'm pondering a thought, how do people feel about choosing a date for a c section for non medical reasons?
the reason I ask is because as a general rule (3 out of 3 babies ) I go way over my due date, 1st baby 9 days late, 2nd baby 11 days late and induced, 3rd baby 13 days late and induced!!!
never had a section before and am dubious about having one but I don't want to go too far over and end up needing an induction over the christmas period and being away from my other kiddies to have this one at xmas?

what would you do in my shoes????

You'll have to speak to your MW or consultant hun but I'm fairly certain they wouldnt do a c-sec for that reason :shrug: I'm not 100% sure though. Obviously if it's an emergency or elective but for a really good reason that would be different. No harm in asking though :) I wouldn't want to be recovering from an operation over Xmas but you might be one of the lucky ones who recovers quickly!

You are going to need to remove my name, sadly I have another angle baby! good luck to the rest of you December Snowflakes!!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss FeLynn *hugs*

Fifipots- I had a c-section with my first because he was breech. I talked to the doctor about best ways to have this one and she was supportive either way but I have decided to have another c-section. I thought recovery wasn't bad at all but of course I have never been through a natural birth so I'm not sure how they compare. I agree with lolly though I'm not sure what the doctor would say about an elective section but maybe induction?

Sorry for your loss Felynn.

Fifipots...I have had two c sections. First emergency after 18 hour labour and 2 hours pushing, 2nd elective. I would have given anything to have had my girls naturally. I think as you have had three babies naturally you would be crazy to opt for major surgery due to a timing inconvenience but as the other girls have said it's up to you and whether or not your ob will consider it. I found that my 2nd section was more painful to recover from than my first, which is strange as I went through entire labour as well with my first. With a c section, you don't get skin to skin contact with your baby at the birth, you are more than likely apart from your baby after the birth while your in recovery ( which feels like hours), they cut through many layers of muscle and fat, you have a catheter, a wound to deal with/look after, it's hard to get around initially and lifting your other children after the birth is impossible. I still have permant numbness around wound traveling down one side of my groin. It's a lot to consider. I recommend having one if you don't have to.....

* that was ment to read.... I recommend NOT having one if you don't have to....

Sorry for your loss Felynn.

Fifipots...I have had two c sections. First emergency after 18 hour labour and 2 hours pushing, 2nd elective. I would have given anything to have had my girls naturally. I think as you have had three babies naturally you would be crazy to opt for major surgery due to a timing inconvenience but as the other girls have said it's up to you and whether or not your ob will consider it. I found that my 2nd section was more painful to recover from than my first, which is strange as I went through entire labour as well with my first. With a c section, you don't get skin to skin contact with your baby at the birth, you are more than likely apart from your baby after the birth while your in recovery ( which feels like hours), they cut through many layers of muscle and fat, you have a catheter, a wound to deal with/look after, it's hard to get around initially and lifting your other children after the birth is impossible. I still have permant numbness around wound traveling down one side of my groin. It's a lot to consider. I recommend having one if you don't have to.....

Thank you, it's not completly unjust that I would consider it as my last baby got stuck and ended up with shoulder dystocia so wasn't a straight forward birth, also my inductions don't work straight away, always need more than 1 go! I'm just not very good at going into labour naturally!!
Of course I would prefer a natural birth but just weighing up my options x

Fifipots...totally understand, you need to look at all options. Esp after your last birth, sounds traumatic. Most important thing is to have a happy healthy baby at the end of it all no matter how they arrive. You have a gorgeous family, I bet they are excited about another brother or sister. Least we have some time to think about decisions :)

Hi everyone. Felynn, again so sorry...

So I slept well last night...Thank God! But then this morning I rolled over and stretched and I felt a pain in my abdomen. It was like a stretching, muscle pull kinda feeling, so I hope baby is ok but it scared me. Has anyone else had this? It's just got me a little bit nervous. Hope it was just a muscle from baby growing and my stretch and not anything else.

im so tired i had that yesterday when i stretched was more of a sharp stab pain which has had me a little worried as im in alot of pain with my lower back today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->