*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Ohhhhhh right! The tickers move up at 26+5, not sure why! There was a discussion about it in the 2nd tri boards :haha: mine moves up tomorrow, although wont be classing myself 3rd tri until I hit 27!

Congrats stark, welcome to team pink!

I think 26 + 5 is the "official" start of the third trimester, if you divide 40/3 and count each trimester as 13.3 weeks. I was researching it myself yesterday....lots of different answers.

It's been just a few days since I've checked in and I had PAGES to catch up on! I love it!

Bell - sorry to hear that baby was giving you a scare, and happy that it's back to its ninja ways. And darn that midwife for being a $%&*^! I hate it when practitioners forget that patients are people too, with emotions and fears and concerns that need to be addressed as much as their physical needs.

I do not feel ready to be thinking about labor, etc yet...but then again, our birthing class starts in 3 weeks or so!

One thing that does make me feel more "third trimester-ish) is that I am definitely waking up with back pain consistently now. My snoogle isn't much help anymore, and I've always thrown all the pillows on the floor within a few hours of sleep as well. The bags under my eyes are starting to build up...I suppose I should get used to them being around for a while!

Anyhoo, I really don't have much else exciting going on here. I did want to join in on the picture fun though!!

I just turned 29 and DH is 30 in October. We live in a suburb of Portland, Oregon (USA).

Here are DH and I on our wedding day (July 2010)
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/wedding.jpg

DH and I yesterday on a hike that WORE ME OUT! Beautiful Oregon scenery (Mt. Hood) in the background:
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/246BaldMtn.jpg

And this is our first-born "baby," Mary the Dog, trying out LO's crib:
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/marycrib.jpg

Lolly.... 3 is a perfect number ;)

Stark.... Congrats on your little girl.

Toothfairy.... I have had my GTT form for 6 days too! I just have to bite the bullet and get organised. I think the fasting is the hardest bit, I am ravinis in the mornings and it's just so time consuming! Friday is the day I think! Good luck with yours.....

Gen Y... Loving your pics, you look like a great couple!

Worst. Heartburn. Ever. Want. To. Die.

And I have no milk in the house :dohh: this'll teach me!!

Just popping in to see how everyones doing and to say im officially 3rd tri today :happydance: :happydance: Finally on the last stretch I feel like I've been pregnant forever :haha:
We are a very attractive bunch I must say! When Ive got a bit more time I'll dig out some pics of us to add too :)
Glad everyones sleepy babies have woken up, I went up to the day assessment unit on thurs as I hadnt felt bubs move for over 12hrs and the midwife put me on the monitor for 5mins and bubs kicked 8 times :dohh: As I didnt feel any of them she had clearly moved behing my placenta. I felt rather silly but I had a lovely midwife luckily who just said she would rather see us than have us wait it out just incase.
Happy Tuesday everyone x

genY I love your pics their great........I can't believe you went on a hike yesterday, the thought of going on a hike just makes me feel so tired, the thought of walking to the shops makes me feel tired:haha: but well done you!

Ichisan, Im glad baby was fine, they can be so naughty sometimes and give their mummy's such scares. congrats on being third trimester, so exciting:happydance:

Stark congrats on baby girl :happydance:

I moved up to my first 3rd tri box :yipee: I love it when that happens lol!

Great photos GenY :thumbup: you look amazing, I can not believe you hiked either! I have trouble hiking up some simple stairs nowadays :haha:

Congrats Ichisan... I think you are our first 3rd trimester-er :rofl: I'll be joining you on Thursday!

Samj - Urghhh to heartburn :( I haven't had any yet and I'm hoping it stays away, but I do recall it crept up on me around 33weeks with DD and was like hell. Do you have any gaviscon? Not sure if that's available in the US, but a product that contains sodium alginate should do the trick x

I am ready to smack DH across the face!

We had our 20 week anomaly scan four weeks ago and were scheduled for a followup today. He wants me to cancel because he thinks it's a waste of a copayment ($40) and that since everything was fine at my 20 week scan this one it just a waste. It's just a followup to see how much she's grown and for me to have more pictures but he's being so rude about it.

Ahhhh men :trouble: give him a smack and go enjoy your scan Lillylee! x

Lilly - I say rage some serious preggo hormones on him. He deserves it and you can't be held accountable. :haha: Men always make stupid decisions over money worries...it's why many of us had to WTT for so long!

The hike was incredibly stupid to do, lol, but since I hadn't worked out in ages I felt obligated suddenly to do it all in one day. I'm still recovering! The view really was worth it though. And the walking stick really did help :thumbup: And thank you for the sweet remarks. :kiss:

It was my birthday last week and one of my pressies from DH was a fetal heart doppler...at first I was not super excited as I MUCH rather would have had it way early on when baby wasn't moving 24/7 and I was so hypervigilant...BUT, I was so wrong...it's been WONDERFUL!!! It has two headphone slots so DH and I can listen at the same time, and I think he gets even more from it than me because I can see him bonding with baby every time he hears it! Plus he can tell where the baby is by where I put the doppler, and he can hear the baby moving around and kicking! And thankfully, now that s/he has put some more meat on his/her (bah, team yellow) bones, DH can really feel the kicks more, and it's so nice to have him feel more involved in the pregnancy :cloud9:

I thought it would be fun for some of us to share our crazy preggo dreams....

Personally I've had two in the last few days where I'm on a cooking competition (like "Chopped" on the Food Network). Last night I had to make a dish that would compliment this horrible pink lemonade that tasted horrible, and was (for some reason) made of sunchokes, (Sunchoke (Jersualem artichoke) look a bit like a knobbly pink-skinned ginger root and have a sweet, nutty flavor, reminiscent of water chestnuts - via google). For the record, I've never had a sunchoke, nor had I ever particularly considered trying one. I ended up making some green creamy vegetable soup to go with it...which is an odd choice, but I was quite confident I was going to win. Unfortunately, morning hit first and the alarm clock didn't let me finish out the dream.

Anyhoo....I've put off returning to work long enough...it's going to be a long day as I'm not particularly busy and the day DRAAAAAAAAGS when I'm bored.

LOL at your dream GenY!

I'm kind of grossed out by hairy men and DH and I have been watching Sons of Anarchy since the first few seasons are free on Amazon Prime and most (if not all) of the men on that show have enormous amounts of facial hair it seems like. I dreamed last night that my DH had a full face beard and head of hair and I just kept asking him, "But why can't you shave?!" :haha: I woke up pretty disgusted and was glad I could reach over and pat his completely shaved head.

I had a dream that baby was pushing on my belly and created a little whole and would take turns sticking out his arms and legs through the whole. It was the weirdest feeling in the dream and scared the crap out of me when I woke up.

....the midwife basically told me off and made me feel so small. Said that no one else would phone at 22 wks +5 days and she didn't know what I was getting myself upset about. I felt like a scolded child.

Jeez - how rude! Seriously, that kind of attitude from a healthcare provider to a client who is obviously worried is seriously unprofessional and uncalled for. I probably would have been devastated, and later, mad as hell! I'm sorry you had to go through that...

Is anyone having hip pain while sleeping? I see posts about mounding up pillows to alleviate pain, but are you actually putting your hips on the pillows, or are they just behind yoru back and neck? I bought a snoogle and its nicer than nothing, but i still wake up at 4am every morning in pain, having to flip over.

I'm one of the pillow mountain people. If I go longer than about 1 or 2 hours on one side, I wake up with serious discomfort in whatever hip I'm laying on, so it's just easier to sleep on an incline. I have a stack of about four pillows, plus a little throw pillow that I stick at the small of my back (kinda like lumbar support I guess). It's almost like I'm leaning back on a soft couch rather than lying down to sleep in bed, but so far it's the best way to alleviate the hip discomfort.

The though of us all looking for labour signs reminds me of trying to conceive and looking for pregnancy symptoms!! Does anyone else kinda miss those days of peeing on a stick from 3dpo?!!!!!

Eh, not really -- it took us a full year to get pregnant also and by the end, I was going bat-crap crazy. I miss the fun-filled, wishing and planning and dreaming days when I was waiting-to-try a lot more than I miss the latter half of our year spent TTC -- the first few months was really fun lol, but once we realized that we might have trouble conceiving... not so much! I'm loving being pregnant, and I'm seriously hoping that I don't have to go through a long TTC time with any future children. Heck, I'm half hoping that next time, I just pop up pregnant unexpectedly, and that we never have to 'try' ever again!

I had a dream that me and my bestie decided we needed to go out on Labor Day weekend, so I just plopped down on her couch and pushed out my baby. She was perfect, except she was really teeny tiny! Sooo weird, like I didn't have any pain with it or anything.

I told her about it and she said "hell no, not on my cream colored sofa!" :rofl:

twenty Seven weeks today! 13 weeks to go or only 10 till full term! And i am in Tri three Omg. Gone so fast when i think back... Having my gtt today :-(

Congrats on 3rd tri mummyof2girls. Don't worry about your Gtt I'm sure it will be fine :hugs:

Hahaha @ all the crazy dreams! Mine have mainly been rudie dreams throughout this whole pregnancy :blush: which is very odd as my sex drive has definitely not matched up! Poor OH :haha:

Happy 27weeks & full term mummyof2girlz :yipee: I'm with you tomorrow! And good luck for your GTT x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->