*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

On the day of getting my BFP I told my friends on here and my BF IRL who knew I was testing that day. If it weren't for my history with ectopics we would have been tempted to tell all family/friends straightaway. But as soon as my second blood test come back ok so I knew it was doubling (and so in my case unlikely to be ectopic), we told all the family and all close friends.

I intend to tell work as soon after my scan on 10th as possible. I don't fancy trying to hide MS or fatigue or baby brain. Also since I went back from maternity one colleague has been really mean to me and I am hoping it will make him button his lips. :haha: Yes, things can go wrong, but if they did at any point beyond now I would want time off work and the support of my family and friends. I'd rather let them share the joy straightaway.

mummyof2girlz...that's disgusting how you have been treated! It's not on for that woman to share your news and legallay you are entitled to time off for appointments. So next time if it were me, I would suggest sending an e-mail as well in advance as possible INFORMING her that you have an antenatal appointment, then just go. :)

hello all ....
just had to catch up on the last 10 pages.

i have to keeping checking my underwear constantly as well. stress :) that and the cramps. they are mild but the hurt

the only person i told was my bf cause I'm her bridesmaid in november and she wanted to buy dresses this weekend and i couldn't let her buy them when there might be a possibility that i might fit into it.

i bought a day to day guide of your pregnancy. i like it. it gives a pic and info every day. i was looking up the internet daily so it suits me.

i haven't called my doctor yet. I'm going to wait till after easter to visit (maybe tuesday i'll be almost 6 weeks). i think after the m/c in jan that I'm nervous and went for the wait and see approach.

Hello, I would like to join you ladies! I am 5 weeks today! My due date is dec 8th.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.

I haven't told anyone yet, but it is SO difficult to keep this to myself! We are going to a big family wedding at the end of the month so I think we will tell my parents then. As for work, I'll leave it as long as I can.......

mummyof2girlz - I can't believe the behaviour of your ex-manager. It's really not on and made me so cross. Does your company have a pregnancy and maternity guidance document? Where I work, ours says that a manager should only pass on the information if it is necessary and with permission of the employee. I guess it depends how far you want to take it (and how sure you are that she is the source) - it may be enough that you have had a good rant and are away from her now, but if not, then I would speak to Citizens Advice and perhaps her manager.

Onto symptoms - I am super thirsty too! Yesterday, I drank at least twice as much as usual. the weeing is also ridiculous! I have felt tired for the last few days but am a bit more lively today. Still can't believe this is finally happening x

I have told my mom and sis. We are waiting now to get blood results back befor we tell anyone else. I just called my dr yesterday since that was the official day I was "late." he had me go in for a beta and then I'll go back tomorrow. Which is unusual, I thought they only did that if you had a history of miscarriages or something. But I'm happy about it, it'll stop me from worrying!!

Hope you are all having a lovely start to a long Easter weekend? The Easter bunny will be bringing a few treats around in a few days ;)

mommyof2girlz that is so out of order, she has completely breached your privacy rights and I'd want her head on a stick (or at least her losing her job!) how inconsiderate :( hope you're ok :hugs: x

Anyone else have vanishing symptoms? My breasts have been sore since 7dpo and some days they feel awful and some days they are just sore. I am thirsty and hungry on and off. Some days I eat and drink normally and others I eat and drink lots! Some days I have tons of energy and some days I take a nap or two. The bloating has gone down a lot and they carmping is becoming much less frequent. I'm wondering if it's just me and if I should worry? I haven't had any bleeding at all, not even a spot, and my tests are finally darker than the control line. AF is over a week late now. There is a part of me that is very confident and there is another that is completely terrified still. I can't wait until the end of May when I will be 12/13 weeks! It seems so close and so far away at the same time!

Awwww hey ness :) you joined! December babies again!!

Hope everyone is feeling ok. I'm having the laziest day and I'm exhausted!

i havent told anyone, just my hubby and me enjoying our little secret until we tell people at 12 weeks :) last time i told a few people and then m/c at 5 wks, i was so upset having to tell people we were no longer pregnant so this time its just our little secret :D going out for my birthday tomorrow night with 'the girls', they will know straight away since i have quit smoking and wont be drinking lol, but im going to try and tell them its so we can GET pregnant. i know they wont believe me because they know me so well! hehe :D

Jadie congrats ur a sweetpea and 6 weeks :D

Thank you so much! Technically not 6wks til tomorrow, my ticker is ahead of itself. And also haven't had a dating scan or blood results back yet so my dates could change :) Time seems to be moving very quickly which I'm so glad of!

Hey ladies - you should get yourself a member of huggies - https://www.huggies.com.au/join for preggo info, week by week with little cutie diagrams (i'm a geek) and FREEBIES! :D hehe check it out anyways, pretty cool! :)

Happy Easter ladies!!! :) We all have our very own little easter eggs :p

Hey ladies. This thread moves so fast, I had to go back and read the last couple of pages!

I am more relaxed now, I think, just because the second set of blood work came back with good results and my first scan is scheduled. It was for the April 20 but I changed it to April 26 b/c of work schedule. I should be 8 weeks at that point. So I'm hoping we'll hear the hb :)

I was hoping that the timing would be that we could tell folks on Mother's Day but I'll only be 10 weeks. I want to be atleast 12 weeks before we share. I'm just sooo cautious because we were so public last time and quick to tell and it just made it harder to keep telling people that I wasn't pregnant anymore :-(. But for now our parents and siblings know.

Symptoms - still sore boobs (not too bad though), exhausted/fatigued, pee all the time, unquenchable THIRST & drymouth and my stomach muscles are tight like I do crunches all the time... weird.

Me and DH agreed not to tell many people until we were about 12 weeks. We failed miserably lol. DH called him mom RIGHT away. And I told my two best friends. Then I told my mom who told me I should tell my sister and dad. So I told them today. Also, my DH told his brother last night. Ugh. Oh well. It's out! HAHAHA. I am sure the word will spread like wildfire now! HAHAHA

Ugh, I wish I didn't tell my family now. My mom is happy. But her, my dad, and my sister are all acting childish and fighting with each other right now. So they are all crabby and not excited for me. My dad still hasn't called me. I called my sister this morning and she was just like, "oh congrats". My family is so dramafied! Now I know why I didn't want to tell them anything. They can never be happy for me. They are too self absorbed. Oh well. :(

Ugh, I wish I didn't tell my family now. My mom is happy. But her, my dad, and my sister are all acting childish and fighting with each other right now. So they are all crabby and not excited for me. My dad still hasn't called me. I called my sister this morning and she was just like, "oh congrats". My family is so dramafied! Now I know why I didn't want to tell them anything. They can never be happy for me. They are too self absorbed. Oh well. :(

Aww sorry to hear this =(. I just can't understand people sometimes. Just as your wedding should go how it makes you and DH happiest, this should too be your joy.and now you know to only share the details with those that care the most and will be happy for you!!

Oh gosh. My wedding was dramafied too! I don't think my sister wants me to be pregnant because she likes being the spotlight with her and her four kids. My parents and family do everything for her and her kids and I am always on the backburner when it comes to anything. Now that I will have a baby, I think she is jealous. It is horrible to say, but my sister really is that mean. I try to have a good relationship with her, and she is just constantly mean to me. I give up.....

I know lady! How strange!!! We NTNP jan feb but never dtd near O. Then we tried this monh and it worked! Freaky! Although not confident today as got no symptoms?! Weird!!

Mental isnt it?! Dont worry at all I know its hard though first tri is really scary! All feels new to me again! I've got mega bloaty tummy its quite painfully distended and lots of cramps and feeling really tired but other than that nothing much yet. As crap as morning sickness is I'm looking forward to it again - kept me going that all was well with the beanie!xx

So how often do you all plan on repeating your digis? I wasn't planning to do any until I joined this group .....but not sure how else to hold my nerve until my first scan. I've got an appointment to see my GP next Friday. Do you think once a week is about right or verging on OCD?

Keeping everything crossed for all December snowflakes :hugs:

I do digis til I get 3+ no point doing them after that. I buy cheapy superdrug tests to do until the line gets stronger than the control line so I can see the hcg going up once I got to 6 weeks with Ava though I stopped doing them. I got my digis off ebay for £1.99 x

So have you ladies picked out names yet??? Me and DH already had names picked out before we started TTC! LOL So when I got my BFP yesterday, we just confirmed the names. It took us 5 seconds :)

Yep we have Iris June for a girl and Austin Samuel for a boy!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->