*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Aww cute names!

We have Dominic Lee for a boy and Mika Michelle for a girl.

Omg names already!!! Took my long enough to chose last time!

LOL! I was WTT and TTC long enough combined so I have had a long time to think about names hahaha.

I am! It is my first so I am too impatient! HAHA

Plus, me and DH want to be able to buy blug/green or pink/purple stuff for the nursery.

Hey everyone! I've just been looking at pre-natal vitamins. I do have a balanced and healthy diet and have been taking folic acid 400mcg pre-conception but I'm wondering if I should top this up with another supplement, especially as I have a pretty hectic job? I was taking B50 whilst TTC (I had a short luteal phase) but have stopped this now as the label says to discuss with your GP during pregnancy. What do you all think? I know that folic acid is the most important one but do you think a pre-natal vitamin would be of benefit?

I found out with DD and was so glad I did. Happy to wait this time but who knows!!!! I hope I don't change my mind cause I would love a suprise!

I'm only taking folic acid, might switch to pregnacare soon but I know if I get ms I can't take the big ones so I'd go back to FA anyway!

I am waiting to go to my doctor on Monday to ask them what I should take. Because I have no clue! I feel so clueless when it comes to pregnancy!

Count me in too! I am due December 8th!

Hello, I would like to join you ladies! I am 5 weeks today! My due date is dec 8th.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Congrats ladies :hugs: you've been added to the EDD list :thumbup:

i havent told anyone, just my hubby and me enjoying our little secret until we tell people at 12 weeks :) last time i told a few people and then m/c at 5 wks, i was so upset having to tell people we were no longer pregnant so this time its just our little secret :D going out for my birthday tomorrow night with 'the girls', they will know straight away since i have quit smoking and wont be drinking lol, but im going to try and tell them its so we can GET pregnant. i know they wont believe me because they know me so well! hehe :D

Good look hiding your secret!! I was supposed to go out tomorrow night but have managed to get out of it without anyone asking questions! x

Ugh, I wish I didn't tell my family now. My mom is happy. But her, my dad, and my sister are all acting childish and fighting with each other right now. So they are all crabby and not excited for me. My dad still hasn't called me. I called my sister this morning and she was just like, "oh congrats". My family is so dramafied! Now I know why I didn't want to tell them anything. They can never be happy for me. They are too self absorbed. Oh well. :(

:hugs: why are they being like that? what are they fighting with one another about!?

Who is finding out the gender?!?

Meeee!! :happydance: I'm far too impatient to wait and I like to get organised early and no what colours I'm buying :lol: I never see any gender neutral clothes either that I think looks gender neutral, iykwim!? It either just looks like it's meant for a boy or for a girl :rofl:

We'll hopefully get a 16 week gender scan done again! x

Hey everyone! I've just been looking at pre-natal vitamins. I do have a balanced and healthy diet and have been taking folic acid 400mcg pre-conception but I'm wondering if I should top this up with another supplement, especially as I have a pretty hectic job? I was taking B50 whilst TTC (I had a short luteal phase) but have stopped this now as the label says to discuss with your GP during pregnancy. What do you all think? I know that folic acid is the most important one but do you think a pre-natal vitamin would be of benefit?

I take pregnacare hun, they include the folic acid you need and also vitiman D which is really important but for some reason isn't as well known as as folic acid in. It has all other vits and minerals too x

Oh and we have names picked too but they are staying a secret for now :winkwink:

I guess my sister is mad at my parents about something that happened last night. I guess my dad was supposed to go out to dinner with her and her DH for her DH's birthday, but he cancelled last minute. Like I said, my family is VERY dramafied. I sent an email to my dad and aunt this morning to let them know. And my dad isn't at work today so my mom called him (they are divorcced) to tell him. I asked her what he said. And she said, nothing because he was so mad at my sister. I feel like crap now :cry:

Oh dear :( don't feel crappy hun, it's their problem not yours! Be happy - YOU'RE PREGNANT :wohoo::happydance::yipee:

Off to see friends... This shall be interesting when they find out I'm not smoking!!!

Oh dear :( don't feel crappy hun, it's their problem now yours! Be happy - YOU'RE PREGNANT :wohoo::happydance::yipee:

I know thanks. But it just sucks that they can't put their stupid drama away for one day and be happy for me. They never can. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from them.

Oh well! Now I know not to share anything with them! Just the people who care, such as my friends!

It sucks when your family is so wrapped up in themselves. Telling my Mum was a bit of a let-down too. I made a T shirt for my son to wear that said "Only child" (which was crossed out) and underneath in big letters "BIG BROTHER". She lives the other side of the world so we dialled in on Skype with the webcam and I expected she would read his shirt and then realise. Well she didn't take notice of his shirt. We pointed it out but she couldn't read it properly as the line had gone bad by this point. So we read it for her. To which she replied "Why didn't you tell us?".....erm I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW! :dohh: She then said "great news.......do you want to see a kitten?" She is a bit cat mad you see. :shrug:

We are definitely finding out the gender and as soon as possible. I will feel blessed to have any gender though. I always saw myself having girls....but now I have DS, I would be over the moon to just have boys, or one of each. A healthy baby is a blessing.

With DS we had 3 potential firstnames picked from about 20 weeks. Took us ages to agree on even one name option, let alone 3! :wacko: We didn't tell anybody any of the names. When he was born none of the names suited him. We trialled one name for 2 days but it just didn't work. We then came up with a 4th name and tried that for 2 days without success. The pressure from people to give our new baby a name was immense...but it is such an important decision we just couldn't rush it. Then at 1 week old, we just suddenly came across a name that was never even considered earlier and we both agreed instantly it was perfect. Looked up the meaning and it was even more perfect! :cloud9: We gave him 2 middle names to compensate for the wait to be named. :haha:
This time we have a girls name that has been picked out since we started TTC #1 back in July 2009. I really hope if we have a girl it suits her because we don't want to use any other name. For a boy we are pretty sure we have picked a name. But we know how it all can change on birth day. :) We are keeping the names a secret again.

Can't remember who asked but I am taking Pregnacare Prenatals PLUS and extra TEN 400mcg plain folic acid tablets a day. That brings me up the the 5mg folic they give to women who have had early losses or have lost babes due to birth defects. It doesn't hurt to take the extra so I decided what's the harm, especially since it is so difficult for me to fall pregnant in the first place! I took extra with DS until 12 weeks then just stuck to the normal pre-natal. He seemed to grow super fast in the early stages (2 weeks ahead) and I have always wondered if that helped in any way.

LuluSS - I'm sorry to hear that your family are not supporting you but ttc_lolly is right. This should be one of the happiest times in your life. You mustn't let anyone spoil that for you. Leave them to get on with their squabbling and let things calm down.

Nixilix - good luck tonight! Not sure how you're going to get away with that one!

ttc_lolly - thanks for making me feel so welcome hun, and for the advice. Off to get pregnacare tomorrow. If nothing else, it will make me feel like I am 'doing something' :haha:

As for names - I have been daydreaming a bit but no firm decisions as yet. Didn't want to jinx anything before I was actually pregnant and now feel I need to get a bit further along before buying anything or thinking too far ahead. Will definitely want to know whether we are having a boy or a girl. Seriously looking forward to the maternity leave already!!!

im not going to find out i want a surprise and I've had names picked out (1 girl, 1 boy) since i was a child which is a bit strange i know ... but there you go. hopefully i will have a healthy baby and the name will suit.

Wow 2016 - you must be seriously rattling with all those pills! Completely understandable to be cautious though. Thanks for the excellent advice (again!). Sorry to hear that telling your Mum was a let down. I wonder if part of it is that it was just a surprise for her? My Mum was just the same when I told her I was engaged. I think we had some ridiculous conversation about inviting a distant relative to the wedding and I was really flat afterwards, but then her enthusiasm was more obvious over the next few weeks. :hugs:

Oh wow, sorry 2016 about your mom reacting that way. It sucks when family doesn't seem as excited as you. My forum friends and friends in person are more supportive then my family!

Won't let it get me down though. Because me and DH are super happy that it finally happened and we won't let anyone bring us down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->