Dentists grrrr!!!

mrs.amillian

Mumma to a stunna
Reaction score
So my little nub of a wisdom tooth, which I've had since being pregnant. Has decided to swell up and be really painful.

So I manage to find an NHs dentist with the hope of getting free treatment with my maternity expemtion card, and they can't see me for 3 weeks!!!
Crazy!!!!

If I want to go private for £85 I can be seen tomorrow >_< with OH being out of work there is no way we can afford that.

So soup for me for the next 3 weeks then . . .

Why don't you go to one of the emergency dental line dentists if its that bad Hun? X

Well they did say about a walk in clinic, but I knida feel it's a bit minor for all that fuss, but if it's still like it by the end of the week then I may not have a choice.

sounds like pericoronitis and if so, you will need antibiotics,,,,,,and if you have 3 episodes of that, that usually means the tooth needs to be extracted.
as painful as it is, carry on brushing the area or it will get more painful. also use corsodyl mouthwash.

I had a wisdom tooth flare up (mine is partially erupted and got infected) I was in agony and it not got worse - 3 courses of antibiotics and 2 trips to the dentist to clear it - def get to walk in centre!!!

If it really isn't too bad, swill with hot salt water and corsodyl (not at the same time!) might help it clear up.

My OH had his out te other day just cos it was hurting him.. And he's sitill under a private dentist.. 78 quid.. /: hope you get it sorted. I'm not even registered with a dentist lol x

I definitely suggest corsadyl . I had a bad mouth abscess and infection in my mouth, had to use this many times. I couldn't get an appointment for a week - And by the time I got there the infection had almost cleared due to my insane brushing! I was in that much pain I brushed my teeth 6 times a day, using corsadyl each time. The dentist told me that I had been slowly curing it myself - But I did have to take antibiotics afterwards. x

thanks ladies, it's been really sore tonight :nope:

Had to take paracetamol and iburophen tabs, gonna give it till thurs to clear up and get the mouth wash tomorrow. If nothing happens I'll go to the walk-in clinic.

Eeek, I hate the dentist!!

Aleve pretty much kills any tooth pain for me (left my wisdom teeth for over 6 months until the pain stopped). If you aren't pregnant now I'd give it a try at least until you get to the dentist.

thanks ladies, it's been really sore tonight :nope:

Had to take paracetamol and iburophen tabs, gonna give it till thurs to clear up and get the mouth wash tomorrow. If nothing happens I'll go to the walk-in clinic.

Eeek, I hate the dentist!!

They prob won't need to do anything except look and give you antibiotics - don't worry.

Full sympathy for you, after I had both girls iv suffered with gum infections and the pain was awful :( hope you get it sorted soon x

sorry to hear about your tooth. try a warm water salt water rinse works wonders and a little bonjela if you can wait till your next appointment. have you heard of ambertastic anklets they work well as natural and can wear all the time to prevent flare ups? hope you get seen soon

Awww :( I can sympathise as I've had the same problem with my wisdom tooth. I was put on metronidazole which helped a bit but it's still painful at times. I hope it improves soon hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->