Depressed- picked up more pills :-(

jj84

Reaction score
Sigh! Just been to pick up another pill prescription. Last time I went a year ago I said it would be the last batch and I was really excited, but here I am again a year later with another 6 month prescription!

We keep having to move our date back. We were originally going to go for April 2013, but decided to wait so I wasn't pregnant at our wedding. Then we decided on Aug 2013 right after the wedding, but in July I got a promotion at work so we moved it back to jan 2014. Now we've realised wedding debts won't be paid off until October and we need time to save plus time for me to spend a but more time in my new job role.

Now we've decided on a 4th date of May 2014, but I'm worried that again the career may get in the way. It's depressing talking about birth control with the nurse when you really want to be talking baby!

Anyone else keep moving their date back?

X

aww hun i know how you feel, i have been ready for years now but things keep getting in the way!
plus im really worried we will have to push TTC back AGAIN if I cant get a permanent job at the place im at... its so annoying having to depend other things on TTC

yea we were supposed to start ttc in March/April 2014. $$ probs, debt, and needing to move in May are pushing back the date to June/July :( it all makes sense logically, but F i really want to start trying now!

It's unfair. OTher people are hassling us about having kids now too as we're hitting 30 and married. They keep asking, which I think is rude as I have to explain re career/ money why it's not a good time. I was saying to my family now how a young teen in my class was pregnant (I'm a teacher) and how it was strange that she was going through things I had never experienced , and my mum shouted quite rudely "well you ought to try it some time!" Implying we didn't want to. Gah!

Aw, sorry. That really sucks. Last time I got a pill refill it was so hard to think about taking them when all I wanted was to TTC. A friend said that anytime family hassles them about having a baby she tells them she's pushing it back a month because they keep bothering her :) Not really of course but it seemed to get them off her back!

Its soooo frustrating to know that the reasons you are waiting are sensible and will make life better for your whole family when you get there but then seeing other people managing and not caring so much about getting in a sensible place first. Really is hard! Not too long now - at least we are in the right year finally.
I at least have a supportive family - just wish Hubby's was as supportive, its like they think we haven't thought through the financial consequences which in turn makes me think that the waiting till we are in the best place possible is even more annoying!

Hey! I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Don't beat yourself up about needing to go back on medication. I know how that is too...I used to be too 'proud' to take medication, especially since I am going to graduate school to be a counselor! After some time I realized how much I needed to be on anti-depressants. I took them for a long time when I was younger, and once I started college I went off of them. I started taking them again last April, and I have never felt more stable in my life. Sometimes we really do need them, even if it is just to get out of a slump. Life changes can be exciting and stressful at the same time, but you will get through it!

As for moving TTC date, we have never really set one. Not having a date makes me even more crazy, because DH thinks that we are kind of NTNP by using pull-out. He never gives me a clear idea, so I get anxious being in limbo. I keep telling myself that there is never a 'right time'...there will always be things we want to do. It sounds like once you got married, it was then the career and debt that you found to be another obstacle. What kind of work do you do? Are you concerned that there are too many changes in adjusting to a new job role, or are you concerned about balancing baby and career in general? I think these are normal concerns that a lot of us have! It's hard when you want to have babies, and just want everything to fall into place right NOW...not later. I'm right there with you!

Keep us posted on how everything goes! WTT is an emotional roller coaster. :hugs: I'm sorry again that you are feeling down right now. It will happen for us though!!!:)

hello j. yes I have been through the same as you keep putting it back due to finances and OH not being ready. we have a date set for autumn/winter this year so fingers crossed it doesn't change. and yes I also get people asking when we are having kids and that I am getting older now (over 30) believe me if I could have had one by now I would have other people just judge and don't know the full story and don't realise it hurts having to wait to try. another part of me just doesn't care what people think and its none of their business anyway. big hugs and hopefully your date stays this time

As for moving TTC date, we have never really set one. Not having a date makes me even more crazy, because DH thinks that we are kind of NTNP by using pull-out. He never gives me a clear idea, so I get anxious being in limbo. I keep telling myself that there is never a 'right time'...there will always be things we want to do. It sounds like once you got married, it was then the career and debt that you found to be another obstacle. What kind of work do you do? Are you concerned that there are too many changes in adjusting to a new job role, or are you concerned about balancing baby and career in general? I think these are normal concerns that a lot of us have! It's hard when you want to have babies, and just want everything to fall into place right NOW...not later. I'm right there with you!

Keep us posted on how everything goes! WTT is an emotional roller coaster. :hugs: I'm sorry again that you are feeling down right now. It will happen for us though!!!:)

Thanks everyone! You're all so nice.

With the career, i'm a teacher and I was given as assistant head job in sept 2013, which is pretty rare at my age, so I need to prove myself and not disappear off on maternity leave, as that could jeopardise my chances of future promotions. It would be kind of like 'thanks for the pay rise but I'm off to have a baby now!' Wouldn't go down well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->