Designer baby clothes your views

I think the bragging is a bit pathetic tbh. And my lo wears next clothes. Even if I had unlimited funds, I still wouldn't pay stupid prices just because something had a name on it! Even for myself!! I'd still be wearing converse and Next jeans.

if you can affored it why not? its a bit like a thread before about expensive prams. Kyle has clothes from all over, be it a carboot sale,pumkin patch, asda,tesco,sainsbursy, or ted baker.. Normally i buy his "shoes" trainers from JJB/sports and soccer. since im a jeans and shirt kinda person and it suits kyle oh is just the same. But he also has a pair of clarks trainers now i can spend £10-£30 in jjb or £26+ in clarks and get a much wider pick in jjb lol

I think prams are different tbh, it's something you use pretty much every day until your lo is 3 maybe, yano? :flower:

Yeh i agree, our pram was the most expensive item we bought and one of the only large purchases we got brand new too. We thought if we got a really good one we can use it on baby #2 or maybe 3 as well :)

Yeh i agree, our pram was the most expensive item we bought and one of the only large purchases we got brand new too. We thought if we got a really good one we can use it on baby #2 or maybe 3 as well :)

exactly :thumbup: we got a quinny buzz 3 which i would consider to be an expensive brand but it'll do this second kid too and it's a great system. definitely worth the money!

I don't like designer anything; I'm a dressmaker of many years myself (though I am too lazy to sew anything too complex most of the time lol) and I know quality fabrics and construction; a lot of the designerwear for kids the fabrics used are not all that; and the way they are put together look really uncomfortable for babies. For example my sister got my son a pair of Ted Baker Dungarees, they had no poppers under his legs so to change his nappy I had to take the whole thing off; also they were made of a really stiff uncomfortable denim that I wouldn't wear in a pair of jeans myself.

For me designers are burberry, Dior kids, CK, etc.

I buy all Omar's outfits from Debenhams (Ted Baker & Jasper Conran), Mexx, Oushkosh begosh, Zara, Chicco & Obaibi by Okaidi but I never considered them as designers clothes. The prices are similar in all those shops.

I usually buy during Sales or promotions but if I like something I buy it even if it's not on Sale. His shoes are from Clarks, Ecco & chicco

I got him an outfit from H&M once but I didnt like their sizes, m&s dont have nice stuff for boys. For sleep suits, Pjs & vests I usually get them from hypermakets or Mothercare (It's 50% more expensive that the UK).

We can afford it so I dont look for cheaper places to buy his clothes.

exactly :thumbup: we got a quinny buzz 3 which i would consider to be an expensive brand but it'll do this second kid too and it's a great system. definitely worth the money!

:) Plus its such a cool set of wheels!!! :cool:

I buy anything for kids from Asda, Tu, Tescos, Next, H&M, Monsoon, sports shops, GAP, Debenhams, John Lewis etc etc. I just love shopping so I love to shop around and see different styles and choices in all shops.

clothes and shoes are expensive enough for children without adding a stupid name to them.

i had some stupid woman at a bus stop who id never even seen before feel she had to brag about anything she could regarding her son and then even went as far to tell me all the designer lables he had on n tried to show me his boxers! he was 3.

i said to her asda and next jeans are good enough for zane and she said oh he wont wear cheap stuff.
i felt like just saying to her well instead of buying all that crap which makes ur son look daft go and buy some soap. he was dirty which isnt unusual for a little boy anyway but she was greasy too.

the most expensive shop for zanes clothes i will go in is next and h&m, i love their jeans on him.

ive also got a friend whos on benifits and instead of paying her rent (the small bit she had to) she went n bought her daughter designer clothes...i almost hit the roof

clothes and shoes are expensive enough for children without adding a stupid name to them.

i had some stupid woman at a bus stop who id never even seen before feel she had to brag about anything she could regarding her son and then even went as far to tell me all the designer lables he had on n tried to show me his boxers! he was 3.

i said to her asda and next jeans are good enough for zane and she said oh he wont wear cheap stuff.
i felt like just saying to her well instead of buying all that crap which makes ur son look daft go and buy some soap. he was dirty which isnt unusual for a little boy anyway but she was greasy too.

the most expensive shop for zanes clothes i will go in is next and h&m, i love their jeans on him.

ive also got a friend whos on benifits and instead of paying her rent (the small bit she had to) she went n bought her daughter designer clothes...i almost hit the roof

I love H&M jeans for M as they do adjustable waist! They also size -6 which fits him best! They do lots of spider man stuff which M loves.

I love H&M jeans for M as they do adjustable waist! They also size -6 which fits him best! They do lots of spider man stuff which M loves.

i love the tshirts lol and yeah the jeans are great because zane has a small waist so i need them to be adjustable.

when i got back from germany zane needed a whole new wardrobe and i spent £60 on just tshits a cardi and 1 pair of trousers hahaha
glad im having another boy so they can be past down because i find the quality so good it will last.

plus thats where we got zanes suit for our wedding! it was gorgeous

I think if someone has worked hard enough to earn their money they have every right to spend it on whatever they want.

Also, consider what happens to those nice designer clothes once someone is done with them. Most people will donate, sell, or give to friends when they're done with the clothes. So someone has to start the chain by buying those nice clothes so that someone less fortunate can one day own those nice clothes too. And while it is sad when someone feels the need to brag about nice clothes, it might make some poor women feel better that she can dress her baby in some designer outfit they got out of a second hand shop. Just a different way to look at it all.

My son wont wear shirts or anything like that he will only wear stuff with spiderman or sonic on LOL.

dress your kid however you choose, but don't brag about it. you'll generally find it's those who are in debt upto their eyeballs and can't afford their bills that brag about their kids being dressed in Burberry.

a lass i used to flatshare with used to mind her niece & nephew alot and their mum was a designer clothes whore (on benefits might i add). the kids were always in dkny, burberry, dior etc.. thing is, she couldn't wash or iron for toffee so the clothes were always off colour and creased.. a £5 from asda would've looked better!

dress your kid however you choose, but don't brag about it. you'll generally find it's those who are in debt upto their eyeballs and can't afford their bills that brag about their kids being dressed in Burberry.

a lass i used to flatshare with used to mind her niece & nephew alot and their mum was a designer clothes whore (on benefits might i add). the kids were always in dkny, burberry, dior etc.. thing is, she couldn't wash or iron for toffee so the clothes were always off colour and creased.. a £5 from asda would've looked better!

I find that to be the case at times too... Without being funny about it, we're pretty well off with a fair amount of disposable income... But for us next clothes is splashing out... We choose to buy primark, matalan, tescos and asda... nothing wrong with that.... She looks cute, she'll outgrow them pretty quick and well.... Toddlers are mucky things at times :haha:

We'd just rather save our money on other things, like our house, travelling and well..... Saving. :shrug:

I am waaay too much of a bargain hunter to be buying designer baby clothes lol!

My lo has the odd designer outfit- but its more for my benefit then his ! obviously i just like labels, but i don't brag about it etc etc and i can't stand people that do!
i buy alot from asda and next etc, but nothing ever comes close to the same quality as a designer label(well most of the time), and it shows! people will always notice if my LO is wearing something that cost 70 pounds, instead of their usual asda jeans etc... and they will comment and say how nice the quality is etc, and i like that :) haha BUT i think i like it because like i said he has a handful of clothes like this and i am proud of them, i think people can spend their money how they please :)
saying that tho because they cost so much i can never bare to part with them as each outift is special (how lame lol)! and i don't even intend on having any more children! lol -oops :/ x

What annoys me is when my friend who spends money on kids designer clothes asks how we have so much disposable income, err go figure!

As my son has got older, I've found myself more fussy about how much I'll spend per item. I suppose it's because you see just how quickly they outgrow everything and it seems silly to spend a lot of money on one item. I do like the designers at Debenhams range but normally only buy it when it's on sale. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->