Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

AP that's good to hear :hugs: TY. I worry about having 2 since DD isn't independent either.

thanks ladies. Gabriel is pretty easy going, but like sequeena's little guy, he's everywhere. I'm hoping ( perhaps stupidly) to breastfeed, but it seems so impossible to do while chasing a 2 year old. my first go at breastfeeding was a nightmare, with a lot of guilt and resentment for 6 very long weeks. hubby doesn't want me to try again because of it. but I'm getting ahead of myself... Lol... I got 8 months to worry about this little person arrival

I'm suddenly terrified... Lol... I can do this, right?

You'll do it! :thumbup: Things will work out and you'll get into a routine. Also for us our fearless girl has really gotten B to try new things and break from what he's comfortable with. So there's been alot of positives!

thanks ladies. Gabriel is pretty easy going, but like sequeena's little guy, he's everywhere. I'm hoping ( perhaps stupidly) to breastfeed, but it seems so impossible to do while chasing a 2 year old. my first go at breastfeeding was a nightmare, with a lot of guilt and resentment for 6 very long weeks. hubby doesn't want me to try again because of it. but I'm getting ahead of myself... Lol... I got 8 months to worry about this little person arrival

Just because last time didn't work out doesn't mean this time will be as difficult. If you really want to BF, then I would get a good support system behind you in case of issues. Especially your hubs! He's the most important support system there is! I BF my daughter with my son running around and it was easier than bottles I suspect - just pull out my boob whenever she's hungry lol :haha: I'm still BF my daughter now actually and 9w pregnant with #3 - YIKES! Freaking out a little

congrats Sun!

hubby was super supportive the first time. but the experience had left him a bit traumatized, I think. I'm sure he will support me no matter what, but he's very afraid of going through that again ( as am I) I'm hoping it will work easily, or at least have something to work on. Gabriel refused to latch for 5 days, then did nothing but use me as as pacifier, we tried a shield, the sns, herbs, domperidone, pumping, marathon nursing... everything. I was devastated when he went back to refusing and nothing I did changed his mind.

Aw congrats sun!

I have a feeling my OH won't want me to BF again. I had to stop at 2 weeks with T because he got very ill with a blood infection but he wasn't a great feeder anyway. Hard to latch, wouldn't go on for long enough, always crying. I was a wreck and OH kept telling me to put him on formula. In the end I didn't have a choice. Formula or die.

Congrats Sun :)

Having a new addition is always daunting regardless of what the first child is like. I got pregnant and Daniel turned into a monster!! I wondered what I'd done lol.
I also didn't have an easy time bf first time round-I struggled with it for 8 months but I didn't enjoy it! Second time around Esther was a natural and a joy to feed. Daniel was 2 and 2mths when she was born and all over the place but feeding Esther just happened. I could do it walking around following after Daniel etc.
it all does all into place. I know a lot of people find the move from 1 to 2 hard but I found it really easy.

I second the feeding on the go after a toddler....I BF my first until he was 23 months and then when I had Pickle I realised how easy it could be! He was a natural and just latched on and had his fill, he fed quicker than his big brother and was willing to feed from all angles :shock: I hear folk say they think BF will be difficult with a toddler as well and think that surely it isnt any harder than making bottles and having to worry about sterilising/warming etc plus it is on tap whenever wherever. I am a freak though as have never bottle fed, have fed other peoples babies a bottle but wouldnt know how to make it without following the side of the packet!

The big thing about having a second is that you do start to believe you know what you are doing :)

thanks ladies! Hopefully it's an easy transition. I babysit my friends 19 month old ( she babysits mine) on my days off, and I can manage 2 of 12m, so a newborn can't be that much more right?

sequeena, that sounds stressful! but you are right. the choice of death or formula makes it an easy decision.

My kiddo was a nightmare to feed as well. At the time I thought it was all my fault but I think she was just too weak. Hoping to get a second chance at it sometime. ;)

Bottles are a hassle I think. We used the doctor browns bottles and omg were they a pain to clean! 6 pieces to each bottle that had to be scrubbed and DD took up to 12 bottles a day! I spent my life holding a baby and scrubbing bottles. Horrible.

Got home tonight and the girls were on fire :rofl: Alex signed mum, bag and light and Tori shouted "feet"

There's a story to that all that I won't bore you with lol!

Ah AP - that's so cool :)

I had to do bottles for DS - managed to feed him myself for 3 months then he had me plus 1 bottle a day for a couple of months. And then the bottles gradually increased until at 8 months he was purely on bottles. He seemed to have so many. At 18mths he was still having 4 full bottles a day. I found it such a hassle. Although he was a nightmare to feed myself I found that easier than messing about with bottles. It was such a breeze when I then fed Esther so easily. She fed until 18 months and was in a routine so I just felt great.

I remember Alex was about to come home so we were rooming in at 3 months at the hospital and they gave us a steriliser.

And I'm like....what am I meant to do here :rofl: she had always been tube fed, or presterile bottle with expressed BM or formula.

With Tori we used MAM self sterilsing - oh what a god send, they were so quick we only needed about 2/3 bottles and the teats were easy (Tori was breastfed for 8 months, but had the odd bottle). My steriliser just collected dust!

Esther's gone to Playschool this morning and it feels really odd. She's been doing Tues, Wed and Thurs anyway but Fri is an extra day so I'm used to having her around.

AP when did you start the Makaton with Alex? I'm wondering if signing may be something for Hayley to help her communicate better. She wants to communicate so bad sometimes and she ends up using gestures most of the time. And so far it seems her arms and hands are the least affected.

well...back from his hearing test. his ears are, fine. They didn't even need to do the ABR test, because he passed the standard test.

so we're back at square 1...

Essie-we started doing Makaton with Esther at around 2-2 1/2. She really didn't start picking any up until she was around 3. To start off with she didn't have enough understanding to pick it up. Because she is picking words up I'm not pushing it as much as I would be otherwise but I am still tying to teach her the odd word.

Bumpin: I know that it must be somewhere in the thread but I'm being lazy ATM! What signs are there pointing towards your lo having a delay?

he's always been behind his peers in everything, by at least 3 months. he's now 16 months, and only beginning to babble "da" sounds. doesn't respond to or know his name, rarely seems to hear anything. he fall a hearing assessment in June, leading up to today's appointment for further assessment.

:hugs: bumpin. That has to be frustrating hun. I'm glad he can hear well but I know you were hoping that would explain his speech delay. Any early intervention programs where you can have him tested for developmental delay? I have no clue how things work up there hun. Finding the correct services is like navigating a maze here in the States. I hope you guys get some answers soon. And above that I hope little Gabe is just being stubborn and taking his sweet time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->