Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Welcome to the world of the NHS :) it's wonderful but the waiting list can be astronomical.

thought i'd dip my toe in here...

callum has autism, severe speech delay, severe sensory issues and anxiety (especially about cleanliness!)

:hi: princess. Welcome :)

Got good news from the eye doctor. The patching has helped Hayleys' eyes and she doesn't need glasses so far. The doc did say she was a tiny bit far sighted but she wants to try 4 more months of patching. Lord knows I could do without that fight every day :wacko: but it's working and we will keep at it. DD impressed me and her ST today. Her receptive language is getting way better and she is following directions, when she wants:haha: She picked out all of the household objects correctly in her game today. Chair, table, clock, phone, fan, and lamp. I didn't know that she knew these words. The little eavesdropper :). So she is picking up new words but she still can't say them. She's trying so hard though, I'm proud of her.

wow! 12 months to TALK about the results! my mind can't even process that!

peanut, I didn't get to read your post before it was deleted, so I have no advice, but still sending virtual :hugs:

I know - it's ridiculous. But the results don't mean there is anything the matter with her so I think that's why they aren't rushing. If the results showed up some syndrome or other than we'd see someone sooner.

Essie that's fab!!

Hi Princess :wave:

So we finally started portage on Wednesday. His worker left a basic shapes puzzle and some lacing stuff for him as 'homework'. He can confidently do the shape puzzle :thumbup: when he first started he was using the process of elimination to fit the shapes in but he remembers them now and points them out to me before he puts it in :) he still has trouble fitting the diamond and moon though. He can't quite figure out that he needs to turn it.

The lacing he's not been so great at but today he did really well. I'm really pleased with his progress :)

That's great Sequeena, glad it's working well for you :)

Yay for Thomas! Wtg for working out his shape sorter:thumbup: DD can only do the circle so far.

RachA 12months is a crazy wait but I think you are right, if it was something really bad they would have you in right away.

Sequeena! Thats great that he's doing so well with shapes! G has ZERO interest in that box of shapes...lol... my dogs, however, LOVE to chew them to bits (grrrrr.....)

Essie: Sounds like some good progress overall!

Welcome princess :hi:

My boy is a lot older than your children so he has time on his side, they'll soon get there.

Also, Thomas signed more last night:dance:

My boy is a lot older than your children so he has time on his side, they'll soon get there.

Also, Thomas signed more last night:dance:

Yay!! Go T! :happydance: Just wait he will be wanting "more" of everything:haha:

When DD first started using more sign we would reinforce it with whatever she wanted to get her to stick with it. So she would see me with the tablet, she would look at the tablet and sign more, mom would hand over the tablet. Well she threw a super tantrum in the kitchen because mom wouldn't hand over the butcher knife even though little princess signed more. :haha: There's no reasoning with that girl if she really wants it. We're working on "I want", "play" and "all done" now. No real success with those yet. It's so lovely to read about all this progress. All the little guys and gals are coming along. :thumbup:

Peanut how is your situation going?? Have you been able to speak to his teachers? I hope things are getting better :hugs:

Had DD at the doctor again today and she has a sinus infection. Poor thing. She did something really cute while we were there. She kept going to the door with her dad and saying "bye, bye". I swear she was telling us she wanted OUT of there :haha: Poor kid has been poked and prodded so much she can spot a white coat and scrubs from a mile away and tries to escape. I don't blame her either. Hopefully the meds will fix her up and she will feel well enough to sleep through in her crib. Mama is tired! Off topic but my phone informed me my period is late and I can't even remember the days we dtd :wacko: I was thinking we abstained during the fertile week but I really cant remember! Gonna wait it out a little bit and see what happens. I'm a little too freaked out to poas. :wacko:

SORRY UR WEE ONE is sick.....and i hope you get the answer you wish about the late period hun

xx

ooops... Essie! Are your cycles generally bang on? If they are, I'd POAS!

Hope little one starts to feel better quick!

Yeah my cycles are regular now but I have had irregular periods in the past. I'm hoping I'm just a little late because I've been sick and stressed out. Wouldn't mind having another baby but I want to wait a few more months for health reasons. I have to start keeping track of this stuff. :dohh:

Lol. DH brought home tests! He's a little worried to it seems:wacko:

Hopefully it's just stress related... Lol... af being late probably isn't helping

Good luck Essie, hope you get the result you want :)

Poor Hayley :(

A good turned into a nightmare. We went to a playgroup Christmas party and Thomas had so much fun in the bouncy castle and he LOVES the gift 'Santa' gave him! The only blip was that he didn't like the feel of the sponge the face painter there was using so instead of being a tiger he has a rather large orange blob on his forehead :) However, a 40 minute for a bus (which never arrived) made him hysterical. Nothing I did would calm him :(

Aww T's a trooper. If someone were to try painting Hayleys face, with anything she, would have busted the doors down :haha: Sounds like a horribly stressful time for mun though. 40 min straight of a toddler tantrum would unnerve a saint! I'm sure T will grow from the experience though, even if it tested his boundaries some.

Well girls still perplexed on this no AF situation. BFN this am with FMU. Thinking AF my come in a little while.................and off in limbo land I go. Pffftt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->