DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

cajunbabe

Mama to Miss Lillian!
Reaction score
I need some buddies who are in my same position. My DH works away and it seems like he is never home when I am fertile. The last time we actually got to :sex: on my ovulation day was our wedding night.. that was 9 months ago. Can't have a :baby: if you don't hit the window, right? So, I am looking to start a support group or maybe join a group for those of us in this position. Love my girls on here already, but it seems like they all become preggo and move on while I still haven't even gotten a 'real' chance at getting pregnant.

Anyone?

~^Team Immaculate Conception^~ Crew​

cajunbabe TTC# 1 11 Cycles :dust: :bfp:

court. :dust:

kybaby :dust:

crystal443 :dust:

Mrs. Mabrey :dust:

navywag :dust:

Mommy_Moose :dust:

crazylilth1ng :dust:

lucy_lu10 TTC #2 :dust: :bfp:

babydance :dust:

sparkle87 :dust:

NorthStar :dust:

PineappleRock :dust: :bfp:

jodi_19 :dust:

HoldOn2Hope :dust: :bfp:

mammag :dust:

Viking15 :dust: :bfp:

My fiance goes out west all winter , so he's gone for 6 months of the year!
Very difficult considering I only have half a year to try and make thing's work.
I understand where you are coming from completely * hugs*

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been trying?

Hey girls! My hubby is in the army and he is gone alot....been gone since May ughh! We have been trying since Nov 09 but he has been gone most of that lol.

NTNP for over a year and well many years before that were just unprotected and nothing happened. We have just recently decided to try once he gets back ( 3 weeks wooohoo ). The time that he has been gone away I've really spent alot of time on myself and trying to figure my cycles out... although I don't feel I've gotten to far:(

Are you doing OPK'S maybe you could take a look at the post I posted in the Ovulation gallery.. those are my tests and I'm so worried I wont get a positive. Those were my tests from my last cycle and I'm not even going to bother this cycle.

I'm currently taking vitex and b-complex HOPING AND PRAYING it will help shorten my cycles.

How long have you been trying for?
Are you taking anything?
Have gone gone to the doctor for any tests?

So for the novel I'm just so excited someone else can relate so well to me :)

Hey girls! My hubby is in the army and he is gone alot....been gone since May ughh! We have been trying since Nov 09 but he has been gone most of that lol.

Hey, girl! The more the merrier! I cannot even begin to imagine what it is like for you. Welcome to our little group! :friends:

We need to come up with a cool group name! :haha:

NTNP for over a year and well many years before that were just unprotected and nothing happened. We have just recently decided to try once he gets back ( 3 weeks wooohoo ). The time that he has been gone away I've really spent alot of time on myself and trying to figure my cycles out... although I don't feel I've gotten to far:(

Are you doing OPK'S maybe you could take a look at the post I posted in the Ovulation gallery.. those are my tests and I'm so worried I wont get a positive. Those were my tests from my last cycle and I'm not even going to bother this cycle.

I'm currently taking vitex and b-complex HOPING AND PRAYING it will help shorten my cycles.

How long have you been trying for?
Are you taking anything?
Have gone gone to the doctor for any tests?

So for the novel I'm just so excited someone else can relate so well to me :)

Of course, I will go take a look at your tests! Don't worry about the long posts, I am usually longwinded myself! Feel free to come talk anytime, I am always in need of people who understand.

We have been trying since last May. My hubby is an offshore electrician, totally unpredictable schedule. He can be gone for months or days. It's just annoying, but we have no choice.

I'm not taking anything. I am using a BBT, charting, and we just got a CBFM (I was using digi-ovulation tests). I just recently figured out my cycles.

I went to the OB/GYN last July just to get everything checked out because I have kinda long very painful periods. I was on the depo-shot in highschool and when I got off I began to have really painful cramping during my periods. Like someone is doing doughnuts in my crotch with a semi :rofl:... but the GYN said that everything seemed fine and she even ordered a sono to make sure it was good. As it happens, I was approaching ovulation when I had the sono.. so the doctor believes I actually do ovulate. She just told me because of his schedule I should prepare myself for a 2 year journey as it could take that long to get pregnant. But I don't know if I'll make it that long. We are quickly approaching a year. If we don't fall preggo in the next few months, I may send my hubby for a sperm analysis.

Oh, and I haven't been on birth control for years, but with his schedule it just never happened.. plus he used protection sometimes.

Yes a cool name would be great! Sorry I'm not very creative though lol.

Yay someone else to join :)

Not knowing when your husband will be home is very hard. I hate difficult jobs like this, but it's just life :(. That is good that the doctor found nothing wrong and how perfect for the sono to be just as you were ovulating !
I have had a ultrasound done and apprently everything is normal but I'm wondering if PCOS or Endo would even show up on that? I think I need to go to get blood work done but I dont want to look too far into this.

I'm trying to be stress free, but like you who knows how much longer I can do this. How on earth do we not stress when month after month no BFP.:dohh: I feel like ripping all my hair out lol

I'm glad we can have a group now.

I looked at your tests. I don't think there is a positive there as according to the directions because it is supposed to get as dark as the control line. But since you are testing in the morning you just may be missing it. The best time to test for ovulation is in the afternoon. I used digis and that made my life much easier, but not everyone can get a positive off a digi. Have you considered getting a monitor? I've heard of lots of people doing well with the monitor that didn't do well with the OPKs.

I've thought about it but after this long I've decided to stop all of the testing and just take the vitex and b-complex and see where it goes.I'm TRYING to take a more relaxed approach ... keyword TRYING :( haha

That may be the way to go. I think the best thing you can do is to listen to your body and if the testing is just stressing you out that isn't good for your body.

I'm also afraid that going in and getting tests is going to tell me that something is wrong and I don't know how I will handle that.

Haha, Ky, I'm not very creative either, I read all the group names and I'm like wow, what a great name.. I've got nothing. :haha:

I'm going to continue to try and try not to think about it :wacko: I'm sure this will go over well. I find it so hard when it seems like everywhere I look someone is pregnant. My friend just found out she is pregnant which I am so happy for her BUT my fiances sister just found out she is pregnant. She is 18 years old, runs the roads till 3 am and still smokes. She also was with the father for 2 months and now they split.

To top all of that off I am living with his family right now as we are in the process of building our house. I apologize for the rant I'm just beyond frusterated.

Do you know when your DH will be back ?

Actually, mine is here right now... and is leaving Thursday - 3 days before I ovulate. This is a repeating picture in my life. He has been home for 3 weeks because I think the recession is just now hitting this area.. but now he is leaving and probably won't be back for a while. Ugh, aggravating.

I can't even imagine living with DH's family. We do not get along, except for his brother. And I totally understand about all the pregnant people. There are like 5 or 6 girls I am friends with who are pregnant and 3 more had babies in December. I want it so so bad.. but that is probably part of the problem. I hope the laid back approach works for you. :flower:

That would be frusterating, I wish we could control when we O !
I get along well with his family just not his sister. I hope you get your BFP soon, I plan to stay with this group and hopefully we can come up with a name :)

Awesome, hopefully we can pick up more members.. we will just have to chat often to keep it up in the threads :haha:

I'll try to think of a name.. hmmm..

Hiya,

I have a 14 DD and 13 DS, my hubby did work away for years. I did have issues getting pregnant with DD (it took 18 months and low dose of Clomid) and we started trying again when she was about 9 months thinking it would take forever but it only took one round of Clomid and got pregnant with DS.

I went off BC before trying with my daughter and have not been on it since, but hubby was only home a few days every two weeks. Hubby is now home full time and has been for the last few years and we've gotten serious about having baby #3 about a year or so ago. I've since been told I have unexplained infertility because I've been off of BC for so long and not gotten prtegnant but I do wonder if its unexplained or we never hit the right window, anyway I'm now 36 and hubby is 37 and been told IVF is our best chance so we're going to give another natural cycle a go and then IVF.

Having a partner that works away is so frustrating when TTC, I honestly am not positive if we're unexplained or not. I told the FS about the time away from home but we still got the diagnosis...best of luck to you and I hope you get your BFP quickly :)

Well, I am so glad that it is possible to get pregnant with a DH that works away! Thanks for the reassurance!

my hubby is looking to be 450 miles away when i OV this month...thanks stupid ARMY! :trouble:

So sorry Mabrey.. but I feel your pain. :howdy: Welcome to the group! Hope we can provide some support during the times when he is away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->