Diarrhoea and worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by BabyHope1978, Jun 7, 2011.

1. BabyHope1978

BabyHope1978 Well-Known Member

I am going to be 10 weeks tomorrow and am feeling a bit worried because I've had some diarrhoea today and am worried what that might mean for the baby. I'm concerned because we have a puppy at the moment, and whilst I've been extremely careful with washing my hands thoroughly with antibac handwash after I've cleaned up after her, I'm worried I may have got a slight bug. I've only actually had diarrhoea once today, but have had slightly gripey tummy ache.

Am generally feeling very nervous about things anyway, but now I'm worrying even more.

2. mimomma

mimomma Well-Known Member

I had diarrhea earlier in my pregnancy (I think about 6 weeks-ish). It only lasted one day and was maybe 3 trips to the bathroom. My 8 week scan showed a healthy baby. In hindsight, it was a nice relief from my normal constipation, but I was worried at the time too. Everything turned out fine. Try to keep yourself hydrated, and if it starts to become frequent or with vomiting I would call your dr/mw.

3. GlitterStar

GlitterStar Well-Known Member

Its just Hormones nothing to worry about :D x

4. Jacks

Jacks Mummy to Maiya and Riley

It's fine hun, I had it on and off with my first pregnancy and am experiencing the same with this pregnancy too. x

5. xxEMZxx

xxEMZxx Guest

I had it awful yesterday (think I have a bug and was vomiting too and was really shivery) and I'm still feeling dodgy today. It's horrible isn't it? But I had quite a bit of trouble with my bowels in the early stages of my first pregnancy too so I guess it's just one of the symptoms unfortunately.

6. sailorgirl1

sailorgirl1 Well-Known Member

I have it on and off too, try not to worry xxxx

7. babyhearts

babyhearts Well-Known Member

Remember being PG brings so many changes if you have only been once it's prob just hormones I had it on off first time and a few times in my 5th week this time am 6 weeks now gone again if you are really worried maybe called your m/w but its pretty normal :)