Did I just lose my mucus plug or part of it??

Al4321

Reaction score
Wondering if someone who knows a bit more can help me. I'm 34 weeks pregnant with bi cornuate uterus so at risk for going early anyways. Last night I had serious braxton hicks all through the night. They calmed down today although still getting uncomfortable tightenings now and again and lower back ache.

Just now I had a bowel movement sorry tmi and after I finished and had a wee I wiped my lady area and has a chunk of yellow stringy discharge not clear or jelly like just a chunk which when touched sorry tmi was very stringy. Wiped again and had another lot this time a pin dot of blood in with it. Wiped again and nothing else since.

I have no idea what your mucus plug should look like. Can anyone tell me? Also do I need to phone anyone??

Don't want to r&r but I'm as clueless as you! Hope you get it sorted. x

That's what mine looked like!! Still losing bits now, and have been doing for past 3 days x

Thanks hun... What confused me is I looked on google images for a picture and mine did not look like that so can they look different??

I phoned midwife for advice she said go keep an eye on things and that if I did go in to labour now at 34 weeks they would Not stop labour because I already had steroid injections at 28 weeks. Isn't 34 weeks a little too early??

This is my third baby, with my first I never saw the plug, second it was exactly how you've just described it, and what I'm losing now is the same. I lost bits at 32 weeks, but if you aren't ready to go into labour your body can just regenerate it, so my midwife said just to watch for any other symptoms - waters leaking, bleeding, contractions, etc. You've done the right thing asking your midwife, as u had the steroid injections, and if you're worried, you definately should ask!! X

They can all look different, if I googled mine with my son there was nothing like what mine looked like!! Don't worry, unless it's a really odd colour or something!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->