Did the baking soda test work for you?

DueinMay really?! I was like ecstatic to get to start peeing on things again! :rofl:

I've done it I've peed in a cup :haha:
At 20 weeks sonographer said I think it's a boy nope think it's a girl nope think it's a boy and was left at I'm not to sure I think it might be a boy , but ask at your next scan to see what baby is .

Well mine really really fizzed thought it was going to over flow :dohh:

:flower:

I believe bleach in urine, is to be used to determine pregnancy or not... Only bicarbonate of soda (uk) should be used to determine gender.

I used a tablespoon of the stuff then added urine (I tried urine first and bicarbonate of soda and still got same results... It never foamed/bubbled up) x

90% of my wives tales said boy both times...it was right the first time and the second was wrong and she is a girl :)

Are you supposed to put one in first? I added the baking soda to my pee and I got no fizzing again....just wanna make sure I'm doing it right!

Just done this and got no reaction whatsoever so would indicate a girl. I would love a daughter but I am getting boy vibes. Have my gender scan March 14th so will update then whether this worked for me or not.

I did this again yesterday and it's like the mixture sort of bubbles like carbonation but doesn't fizz.. You have to look super close to notice anything at all. What sort of result do you think that means??

I did this again yesterday and it's like the mixture sort of bubbles like carbonation but doesn't fizz.. You have to look super close to notice anything at all. What sort of result do you think that means??

I would say girl result if no fizzing.

Are you supposed to put one in first? I added the baking soda to my pee and I got no fizzing again....just wanna make sure I'm doing it right!

Add urine to the bicarbonate :)

Tried it the way you suggested and I keep getting a girl result....my hubby is pretty sure I'm having a girl and I think boy....so we will see! I should find out in like a month.

Quick update .

As I posted before mine really fizzed which would of indicated a boy .

We got confirmation and it was right for us we having a baby boy :happydance:

:flower::flower::flower:

Awesome! Congrats on the boy! Interesting to know it worked for you! It seems like super foam is definitely indicative of boy but I've seen women with girl results have boys... Iiiiiinnnnnteresting

Thought i'd update as had my gender scan on Saturday...I got no reaction from the urine + baking soda and I am indeed team :pink:

I had to watch youtube videos on this as I wanted to know what was considered foaming/fizzing and what was not. :dohh:

But than I decided to give it a go. I am 8+1 and it had no reaction----nothing. So that means girl!

I have 4 kids, my oldest (17) is a girl and the other 3 are boys (15, 13, 8.5 months) so a girl would be lovely but we will love a healthy baby!

Everyone thinks I'm having a boy and this was my test...well, there was more fizz covering the surface but it took me a while to find my phone to take a picture. I'll try to remember to come back and update when I find out...13 more days!
Sorry this photo of my pee is so huge... :thumbup:

10995591_544569852350101_464511478367700413_n.jpg

Oooo thats some good foam/fizz!! Not long to wait to find out :)

When i did it with my daughter it was very flat, even when i tried to swish it around (theres a pic on here somewhere i think its on 1st page?) x

I have just done this and got lots of fizz and foam so that indicates boy but all of my nub guesses are girl with a very girlie nub! 3 weeks today until we know :)

I got inconclusive results. I did it twice. First time, no foam. Second time, a little foam. Won't know until September what I'm having. So far, nub guesses have been about 95% girl.

I did this for my past two pregnancies. They were correct for me. One was a girl (no fizz) and one was a boy(fizz). I cannot remember how far along you are supposed to be to try it though or if it even matters. I tried it this morning just for fun and it Fizzed! I will update with results but in the mean time can someone refresh my memory as to whether it matters how far along you are when you do this or if it even matters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->