Did the baking soda test work for you?

The first time I did it with DD, it fizzed. The next two times I did it no fizz (the second 2 were about a week from the first).

With this one, I tried 3 times and did not get fizz on any of them. We're having a :blue:

So I just tried this test again and I got a definite boy result! The other two times I got no fizzing at all. Hmmmm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 8
I've just tried this. It foamed over the top of the cup. It was old baking powder but was only tub of it I had in. Oh wants me t try with a new tub when i go to the shops. He's determined it's a girl where as i think boy. Happy either way. Don't find out for another 6plus weeks. Does it matter how many weeks you are when u try

I did this for my past two pregnancies. They were correct for me. One was a girl (no fizz) and one was a boy(fizz). I cannot remember how far along you are supposed to be to try it though or if it even matters. I tried it this morning just for fun and it Fizzed! I will update with results but in the mean time can someone refresh my memory as to whether it matters how far along you are when you do this or if it even matters?

I don't think I've seen anything to suggest the correct time you do the test...

I did it before i was 12 weeks and then again before my gender scan, just to see if it said the same and then i could confirm or dismiss the result... Both times it was right for me x

I'm definitely going to try this but I'm only 6 weeks and 1 day so I don't know if I will need to wait a little more time. Any suggestions?

Maries, i don't think there is a timescale of when the best time is to do the test or not...

I would try it if you want, theres no harm in it :)

I tried it for the very 1st time in this pregnancy today (12weeks tomorrow) and it was flat as anything! i even swished it around a few times and still nothing...

That means a Girl... this pregnancy is like my daughters twin, so i would be pretty shocked if it was a boy :)

So I just tried this test again and I got a definite boy result! The other two times I got no fizzing at all. Hmmmm

I did my anatomy scan on Tuesday and the ultrasound tech said she's pretty sure it's a girl so this last time I did the test it was wrong!

To me it would be more accurate the earlier you do it because I believe its based off of your Ph level and the theory for gender swaying is acidic is :pink: and alkaline is :blue:, therefore if you tried it soon after finding out you are pregnant the Ph level would still be the same as it was during conception. Whereas later on your Ph level has time to change (because it changes with your diet). I have heard it can take up to 6 weeks for ones Ph level to change from their diet. Anyone see my point?

that sounds pretty logical to me! wantabelly

although with my daughter i did the test twice, once at 12 weeks and once at 20 weeks and both times i got super flat pee :haha:

I wish i knew this existed when i was having my boys, as i would of love to of known what result i got with them

I tried this last week and it was fizzing a lot! will find out at 16 weeks so will update!

I did this test when I was around 10 weeks with no fizz at all and then today with some bubbles so not sure what the results would mean from today.

Attachments

• 20150401_142603-1.jpg
    20150401_142603-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
I did this today and got no fizz. I was convinced my DS was a girl from the old wives tales so Im not going off this too much. Have my gender scan on Weds so will know then!

I might try this test. I will find out what the gender is in 3 weeks. I'm super excited.

I posted the picture early of pretty fizzy pee BUT...it's a girl!!

Just giving my update. I did the baking soda and red cabbage test and both gave a girl result. We got the phone call today that our panorama test was in. Baby is low risk and is indeed a baby girl! :cloud9: So was correct for us.

I JUST got my BFP so no sense in me trying this now but I need to remember for later. Would love to have a list of all the wives tales gender prediction started! <3

Brittahnee we have a massive one in the gender prediction forum! It's called ultimate gender prediction or something. I started it if that helps you find :) congrats on your BFP too!

Mummykt so what's the result?!

Brittahnee we have a massive one in the gender prediction forum! It's called ultimate gender prediction or something. I started it if that helps you find :) congrats on your BFP too!

Mummykt so what's the result?!

I havent had my scan yet its this afternoon. I did do the test again though and it fizzed loads so I really dont know! will find out at 4pm!

Mummy any updates?

I go for my scan Saturday and can't wait to see if I'm right or if hubby is right. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->