Did the baking soda test work for you?

melewen

Reaction score
It's poll time ladies! If you've already found out the gender of your LO and you did the baking soda test - did the test work for you? If the baking soda fizzes, it's supposed to be a boy; if not, girl. You can take it now, too and let us know!

I took it the morning if got my panorama results (before the nurse called) and then again after the results and not even one bubble.

I just want to be totally clear.. you're having a girl right? And no bubbles?

I haven't heard of this! Didn't do it with my son but I will be doing it tomorrow morning. I don't believe in it but it would be interesting to see and a bit of fun!

Worked for us! We tried well into the 2nd trimester. As soon as my husband dumped the bleach into the urine it foamed up so intensely it came frothing over the cup all over his hand and all over he bathroom floor! Ultrasound proved it right! BOY!

I tried this when i was Pregnant with my Daughter (before i found out) I didn't stick much truth into it... But it was fun. When i had a Gender scan it was Right, I did indeed have a girl.

Ive included a pic of my results here i was about 11weeks when i did the test :)

Attachments

• P1100042.jpg
    P1100042.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 23
Wow! Pretty amazing. At what point did you ladies test?

I totally want to try! I'm 15 weeks... Curious to see how it turns out

HorrorFan do it!! When do you have your scan? It'll be interesting to see your result - take a picture!

I did this with DD and it was right!! I'm planing on doing it again this pregnancy.

:flower:

so how do you do this? do you but baking soda in first or second? and someone mentioned bleach, do i also need bleach?

you really shouldn't mix bleach with urine...it releases dangerous chemicals. Baking soda is what I would recommend if you want to do the test.

Yeah, I'm definitely skipping the bleach.. you just put a little baking soda in a cup and then add a bit of wee. I keep forgetting to do it with fmu! I'm only 8weeks and it's not doing much but making little bubbles.. not much foam though

Going to go do this now....I won't have my gender scan till around 21 weeks I believe since my appointments are a week behind so I've got another month :/ I'll post my pic here though of the results and then next month hopefully baby cooperates and we will find out if it's right!

I wasn't sure how much baking soda to put in the cup before peeing? So the photo shows how much there was....there was absolutely no fizzing. I so hope this experiment is right, but will be super happy either way! I will update next month! Would love to see other peoples results!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 10
You might want to put a bit more, I've heard like 2tablespoons baking soda and like 2 tablespoons wee bit I'm sure it would react the same regardless

I'll try it again later....not sure I have a measuring spoon lol can somebody show how much they used?

I'm so going to have to try this and see what mine says , we're unsure of our sex as lady wasn't sure at our 20 week scan and gave us a guess , I'm just waiting to need to pee :haha:
Can't believe I'm excited to pee in a cup :dohh:

DueinMay really?! I was like ecstatic to get to start peeing on things again! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->