Dieting and BLW

staceyjc18

Reaction score
I want to start BLW with Amelia when is is 6 months but I also want to diet. Just looking for ideas on how I can do this? I obviously dont want to cook two different meals or kinda defeats the object of BLW? :flower:

I've done weight watchers since my LO was 5 weeks old and did BLW. We started her on stuff like toast fingers and sticks of softened veg etc, then progressed on to proper food like pasta bake, mince etc. As with weight watchers I do eat poperly and most meals are fine for my LO. depends on how you'll be dieting really. I still usually do different lunches for us as i most likely have a sandwich and as she has toast mid morning i like to give her something different.

I dieted after lo was born and ate either fish or meat roasted on veggies (tomatoes, corgettes, peppers, peas) and had it with salad. I roasted in lemon juice so no oil.

I would think lo would be ok with this as a meal too? You may want to add in some carbs tho - rice, bread or potatoes.

You could do a sauce separately and just have a little for yourself and more for lo. A sauce could last a few days too saving time

Generally I guess you could have meat or fish with veggies in different herbs for flavour and to give some variety.

Cous cous and quinoi (not sure how to spell that) are lovely and healthy too!

I suppose the first few months are that big of a deal, as it sounds like much of the food isn't really ingested and BM Or formula is their primary source of nutrition. I am reading the BLW book and various articles online. One of them said that under the age of one babies lack the enzymes needed for digesting starches so they really just take up space needed for more nutritious foods. So that idea might benefit both of you! Maybe you can add some things like avocados or olive oils to LOs foods? It sounds like it won't be a problem anyhow since the food isn't their primary nutrition at that age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->