Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

LOL Megg love it!!! :haha: Definitely made me smile! :hugs:

Thanks Meggles! Definitely made me smile too!

Boots are spectacular. My camera is broken but maybe I'll see if Tim can take some pics with his iphone. Not tonight though ladies, I'm tired and already in my pajamas.

Most of you are sleeping right now. Sleep tight. xoxo

Awww Megg, thanks for the truck load of PMA!! :hugs: Just what we needed!!

Ooh, looking forward to boot pics tomorrow.

Also, I got my fertility monitor in the mail this evening! :happydance: Now I just have to figure out how to use it and where to purchase strips. Can I start it on CD15? Off to Google....

Glad you all enjoyed it! :)

No, you CANNOT start on CD15, Allie! LOL That was a nice try though! You have to start between CD1-5. Maybe you'll never need it! :winkwink:

Can't wait for boot pics!!! :yipee:

AFM... We :sex: just a bit ago, and my tummy is a little tender... I'm hoping that's some response to the meds. Its not painful... So, I'm not worried about OHSS or anything. But, it did give me some hope. I have to admit... I'm scared shitless of OHSS! But, I think I'd notice! Its funny how the goal is to walk such a fine line between COH and OHSS! The difference is so slight, but so important! Let's just hope I stay to the correct side of it... but not so much as to not respond! :dohh: COMPLICATED! LOL

Craving McDonald's Hazelnut Iced Coffee something fierce! DAMN! That's just a side note... not important! LOL

Mebbes the camping bear wanted your autograph, Yogi

Allie, think it mustve been evaps as I am back the bfn this morning, so I’m out this month.

I have a dr’s appointment tomorrow – I was so hoping to ask for a referral to the EPU, not hormone tests. I’m ok though, I can take it. Next month for a June baby for me. Ive ordered some preseed cos ive been using Conceive Plus – it comes in a tube and I just get it all over the sheets instead of where its supposed to be, so im dumping that for the injectable preseed. I got lucky on that first time I tried it.

Defo having a phantom pregnancy though, still nauseous and boobs are enormous. Stupid phantoms.

Vic – smug work bitches.

Hearty – How are you feeling today? Hardly surprising you are feeling a bit down. I’ll jump in for a wallow if you need company. Not much longer until your appointment – any sign of ov this month yet? How was acupuncture? Must buy more boots.

Now I want to copy Allie and get this fertility monitor thing when I don’t even know what one is.

Mmm hazelnut coffee. (all I can repond to on Meggs post as I have no idea what most of it means)

Nato sorry about the bfn babes, you sure its not still early? I never tested before AF was due so dont know how sensitive these tests are....

Ive had meetings back to back since 8 this morning, without a coffee so im ready for bed now dammit!!! That hazel nut coffee sounds delish right now even though im an espresso kind of gal!

Yogi was the bear a large grizzly?????

Nato I'm so sorry its a bfn it could still be to early your not out untill the witch arrives!!

Loving the truck load of PMA thanks Megg just what we all needed.

I nearly caved and tested early found two tests in my first aid box while looking for savlon for hubby whos taken a chunk out of his knee (lovely!!) luckily they are ones that you use once AF is late not early testers ones. So I have resisted the urge as I figured they wouldnt work this early.

Hope everyone is ok and having a good day!!

Big :hugs: to all

Sorry I have everyone craving hazelnut coffee! Haha!

Nato... I :rofl: at you saying it was all you understood from my post. Sorry... I was rambling a bit!

OHSS = Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome
COH = Controlled Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation

OHSS is not a good thing... It can be all sorts of bad (up to and including (rarely) death)!!!

COH is like OHSS-Lite! Its just shy of the bad stuff. Basically, they want you to produce more eggs of higher quality... but not TOO many. Its hard to explain. Its just always one of my fears!

I hope that cleared up my previous post a little? One of the symptoms of OHSS is severe abdominal pain... that's what prompted me to mention it!

Now I want to copy Allie and get this fertility monitor thing when I don’t even know what one is.

:rofl: Erm, yes, I will be the first to admit to being a dafty when it comes to these matters. But to be fair it was a bartered fertility monitor (in exchange for chocolate)and I wasn't planning on using one yet. (When I get my BFP I will glady give to one of you for chocolate if we don't all have our BFPs by then)

Nato, so sorry about the bfn :hugs:

Luce, well done on not testing! You are a woman of strength. :hugs:

Vicky, hope you got your hazelnut coffee, yummy.

I had a temp dip and am seeing some EWCM so hoping ov is imminent. Either way going to get busy :sex:

morning girls!

Megg - thanks for clearing that up as I had no idea either, lol!

Nato - sorry about the bfn, but you are not out yet hun!

Allie - can you just send me the chocolate instead??? :)

Luce - it won't be long now until testing day...glad you can resist

Hearty - hope you are having a good day.....things will start looking better one of these days, hopefully soon!

Hi Yogi and Vicky

Yogi, do you think the bear was hanging around you because of your name? Maybe the bear thought you were a bear too....with a picnic basket!

Nato, I had no idea what language Megg was speaking either. Thanks for clarifying Megg! Sorry about the BFN babe. It's why I always preach not testing before AF is due. However, you have your appointment tomorrow, right? I think it is a step in the right direction. And a June baby sounds lovely. Preseed definitely worked for me 3 times. I never got a chance to use my Conceive plus during ovulation. I did try it out when I got it in the mail and used my Preseed applicator to insert it. It worked like a charm.

Lucy, what types of wounds could be treated with pregnancy tests? Should I be putting some in my first aid kit too? :haha: Good job refraining!

Allie, that must have been some good chocolate! Those monitors are expensive! I hope Ov is coming!

:hi: Hi Mel, Cesca, Sassy, and everyone else? Any news from Cazza? What about Amy? We haven't heard from her in ages.

AFM, got my first high on my fertility monitor. Nato, Allie and I are using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. It predicts changes in hormones before your LH surge which gives you more advanced notice that Ov is on it's way. It gives you 3 readings: Low, High and Peak fertility. A high reading means your estrogen is changing (I think). Peak means you have your LH surge. I got a High reading today so I imagine I will ovulate within the next 3-7 days.

Only one week until my appointment now. Hoping to get some good news.

I know Amy said she was getting married (think in August), but I thought she might be back already???? Hope we hear from her

:rofl: I didn't even put the two together about "Yogi" and the bear hahaha. My real name obiously isn't Yogi so I wasn't even making the connection!! Not like Sassy's name :rofl: We don't have grizzly bears where I live, it was a black bear. We probably would have packed up and left if it was a grizzly!! But the black bears usually stay out of our way as long as we don't leave any tempting food out. I was still a little freaked out sleeping in the tent at night and of course every little leaf rattling or tiny noise was a huge bear coming after me in my mind. :wacko:

Good job on holding off testing Lucy, I probably would have used both of them up by now.

I could use another dump truck of PMA right now. I feel like I am out this month, mainly because my bbs or nipples aren't sore at all.

Hope everyone else is feeling good today :wave:

Nato, sorry about the BFN...what dpo are you today?

Yogi, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't had sore boobs at all with this pregnancy....

I was just looking at some pictures on FB with one of the guys I work with....we have a camp area just across the border in BC where he is stationed for 2 weeks at a time, and his pictures were of a young black bear. He was pretty close to it.....it looks so cute. It wrecked their bbq though.....but looking at the pictures, you just want to cuddle it, lol!

I was able to feel the baby moving around yesterday a few times.....it was a neat feeling. I can't wait to start feeling the kicks so that OH can actually feel something too. Once I start feeling him/her more often, I want to do the flashlight thing to see if it really does work

The black bears really do look very cute and cuddly! As long as it's not a mama with her cubs we weren't really too worried!!

What is the flashlight thing?...off to google it lol.

Fab news Mel that you felt baby move, that must have been amazing. How many days now until we find out boy/girl??xx

Thanks for the sorrys - Im absolutely fine, and at least now i wont have the witch turning up unexpectedly and spoiling the party, Im prepared for her ugly face.

oo gobbledygook translation <makes notes> lets hope you are the lite / right side of abbreviations megg

am having a look at the clearblue on ebay, i do remember saying i was going to buy one before now i have seen it.

Would it be better than bog standard opks if I get my LH surge on the same day every month, will it tell me what i have ovulated like temping would? or just that i am at peak during the lh surge? I can see why it would be good if you have irregular cycles, but would it benefit me more than just opks - that question is to the whole floor please thank you

Hearty, i had assumed the conceive plus would turn up with applicators, i was swearing like a sailor when i realised it didnt. I was proper mad. In one way its good that your ov is on the way, it would be worse if it was delayed for another 7 days and you still couldnt take advantage of the ov, at least this way you start your next cycle sooner

No, the monitor can't say you've ovulated. Its much like an OPK... only a smarter version that will hopefully give you more notice than an OPK. The fatal flaw with the monitor is that it pretty well stops when you get a + and goes into auto-pilot. After your first Peak stick, then you automatically get a 2nd Peak, a High, and then Low until the end of the cycle. This is flawed, because some women get an LH surge that doesn't quite pan out to ovulation, and the monitor would never catch a possible 2nd surge that may be the real ovulation surge. So, its difficult! It depends on what you're wanting it to do... and if it can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->