Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Nato, sorry about the BFN...what dpo are you today?
& Vic

Im still only 12dpo today but used a FRER, but am out of tests so thats it until af arrives. Im not spending another tenner on FRERs. Those FRERs are clearing me out

If by some crazy chance af doesnt arrive it will be an extra happy surprise. Ive got my af helmet on now

No, the monitor can't say you've ovulated. Its much like an OPK... only a smarter version that will hopefully give you more notice than an OPK. The fatal flaw with the monitor is that it pretty well stops when you get a + and goes into auto-pilot. After your first Peak stick, then you automatically get a 2nd Peak, a High, and then Low until the end of the cycle. This is flawed, because some women get an LH surge that doesn't quite pan out to ovulation, and the monitor would never catch a possible 2nd surge that may be the real ovulation surge. So, its difficult! It depends on what you're wanting it to do... and if it can do it.

hmm. its so expensive that mebbes i stick to opks on that basis. I get a surge at the exact same time so the only extra info i would need would be temping i guess

thanks poppet x

Glad to see you back Nato! I hope your wrong and you get your BFP soon!

Yogi - at this stage, the baby is sensitive to light....so if you shine a flashlight at your belly, the baby will try to move away from it. I think it's just a trick to get your baby to move around

Sassy - only 29 more days, lol! sugar & spice, or frogs & snails?!

Nato, I still love how you quote Vicky in your signature:)

Defo lil girl, I cant wait, I may even have to fly to Canada for a cuddle.xxx

This time 18 months ago I was just hitting the dance floor at our wedding, WOW we never knew that day how hard our marriage life was going to start out!xx

This time 18 months ago I was just hitting the dance floor at our wedding, WOW we never knew that day how hard our marriage life was going to start out!xx

:hugs:

:hugs:

i just remembered that Royal Family special where nana was singing 'que serra serra'

I bawled my eyes out watching that

Thanks Dazed - how are you getting on my lovely?

I am as good! Currently about 13 dpo, but I could have gotten that wrong as there aren't many signs of the witch yet. I usually cramp a little for a week straight before AF, but not so much so far. Going away for the weekend, so if no signs of the witch, I will test either tomorrow or Friday.

Nato, don't waste your money on the monitor. You really don't need it given how regular you are. The OPK's are doing the trick for you. Like Megg said, it can give you advanced notice of when you will get your LH surge. Since my Ov day can range from CD19 - CD28, I really want some advanced notice so I don't tire Tim out! Also, after each of my mc's, my cycle has changed. I have no idea what to expect from my body now. The monitor will help me with that.

The only reason you would want to temp is to make sure that you actually did ovulate. It won't tell you anything ahead of time. It will tell you after the fact that you did indeed ovulate. I'm guessing you do ovulate since you get your positive OPK on the same day every cycle. But, if you felt like temping, it can be quite fun to look at your charts.

Mel, that flashlight thing is funny. We've found ways to annoy our children before they are even born! I love it!

Sassy, it is kind of strange to think about where we were in different stages of our lives. 3 years ago on my birthday I was hiking in the Grand Canyon with Tim. I had gone off of birth control pills a month before and we were officially "trying." I had all the hope in the world. My birthday is quickly approaching in a month and I'm not thrilled about it. I hate thinking about how excited, happy and innocent I was 3 years ago. I'm a different person now.

Well, I tried to get an earlier appointment for my MRI and they are booked solid. I have to just accept that I'm probably going to ovulate before the appointment. I agree Nato, at least I'll be moving on to the next cycle sooner. Thanks for the silver lining.

Dazed, i really really hope thats a great omen - do you know what day you are due? i will do a twirly dance in your honour, but for now i will cross my fingers

No, the monitor can't say you've ovulated. Its much like an OPK... only a smarter version that will hopefully give you more notice than an OPK. The fatal flaw with the monitor is that it pretty well stops when you get a + and goes into auto-pilot. After your first Peak stick, then you automatically get a 2nd Peak, a High, and then Low until the end of the cycle. This is flawed, because some women get an LH surge that doesn't quite pan out to ovulation, and the monitor would never catch a possible 2nd surge that may be the real ovulation surge. So, its difficult! It depends on what you're wanting it to do... and if it can do it.

hmm. its so expensive that mebbes i stick to opks on that basis. I get a surge at the exact same time so the only extra info i would need would be temping i guess

thanks poppet x

Yes, temping would provide that extra bit you're looking for... much cheaper than a monitor! :)

:hugs: I don't think any of us knew how hard it would be! Congrats on your 18 mo though!

Thanks Dazed - how are you getting on my lovely?

I am as good! Currently about 13 dpo, but I could have gotten that wrong as there aren't many signs of the witch yet. I usually cramp a little for a week straight before AF, but not so much so far. Going away for the weekend, so if no signs of the witch, I will test either tomorrow or Friday.

Ooh! I like the sound of that! I'll be okay if I'm a few weeks behind you! :winkwink:

Grrr TTC sucks ay!! Does anyone regret not starting ealier???xxx

Sassy, I regret it on one hand because I'm about to turn 36 and didn't start until I was 33. On the other hand, I lived a pretty amazing life up until then. If I had a baby, I would have missed out on quite a bit. I might not have even met Tim. So, I try not to regret it. He and I just weren't ready any earlier. But, I know what you mean. If I knew I'd be going through all this, I would have tried a lot sooner!

Dazed, i really really hope thats a great omen - do you know what day you are due? i will do a twirly dance in your honour, but for now i will cross my fingers

I should be due tomorrow, but I have always been a little irregular! If most everything is back to normal (you would think after 6 months it would be) the lastest should be Saturday.

Thanks Hearty!

I regret not starting as soon as we got married (May 2009). We decided to wait until this year to start trying and we were naive and innocent and thought it would happen right away...it didn't of course, and then it ended in a mc. I feel so sad that I've lost that innocence.

Like you Hearty, I wouldn't have been ready or in the right place any sooner than last year though...but I don't regret it because I did a lot of things and saw a lot of places before "settling down". But I am 32 now and I see how much easier it is for friends in their 20's to get pregnant.

I can say that I DO 100% regret not starting sooner! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->