Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Im greek! I was born and lived in canada till i was 14, i then moved back to greece where i finished high school. I went to Uni in the UK, in Canterbury where i stayed for almost 10 years. Now ive been back in Athens since 2002!

Cesca actually greek food is very different from feta and olives! Feta is as part of our cuisine as say mozzarella is for the italians, yes its there but its not all about the cheese!

I completely made that up then, opps :wacko:

I live 20mins from Canterbury, lovely place.xxx

Oh bless you, you poor thing!!!!

When my husband and I met (on holiday in Tenerife, eurgh) I was very ill with panic attacks and weighed about 7.5 stone! I hadn't eaten in a week when we met! Then we both got ill with stomach flu in Crete, although we caught it from his niece back in England. He was ill in the airport and for the first three days, then I was ill the last three days! We went to Malia and didn't like the resort, but I'd like to go back to Greece.

Then I got a horrible rash before my wedding (pityrius versicolor) which wasn't too visible on the wedding day but turned horrendous on our honeymoon in Bali, and all the itching of the rash caused my skin to break and I caught a Staph/PVL Virus (a strain of MRSA) which brought me out in boils. That was 12 months ago and I'm still on and off antibiotics trying to kick it!

I hate holiday disasters, especially when you save for so long to go in the first place!

Sassy, it sounds like you have quite the bad luck when travelling...it did make me laugh a little about the spy part. I hope all your other vacations go much better!

Canterbury was one of the places I visited when I was over there....It was a beautiful place...we were there at Easter time, so we actually got to stand outside the church and see the arch bishop going in. Was kind of neat (not sure if that is a big deal or not).

So Vicky, do you guys have actual football over there? If so, what is that called? I've always wondered that

Wow... That's a whole mess of bad, Sas! :hugs:

It always goes badly for me when I go to Chicago. And, I seem to always blow a tire when we leave the state! :dohh:

Sass and Cesca you guys could star in a film about holiday disasters lol!!!!! I have never ahd a bad experience on holiday, apart from one year when my allergies were bad and i was told not to eat any seafood. At the time this seemed like the end of the world but after reading your stories....

Mel we only have soccer in greece. The church you went to is the Canterbury Cathedral, its lovely to be there at Christmas and Easter. we were very lucky as UKC does the graduation ceremonies at the Cathedral.

I wish we could have went inside, but we weren't allowed....so we just stood outside and watched him walk in while it was televised, and then we carried on.

I haven't ever had travel experiences like that either, thank goodness. I would probably break down crying!

Haha yes Mel I'm not considering taking a holiday anytime soon.xxx

Oh my god guys I can't believe your holiday disasters..... one of my worst well it wasn't bad it was stupid really steve and I went to New York for our honeymoon well our 2nd honeymoon we went to london after our wedding for a couple of days and saved up to go to New York later on anyway I badly sprained my ankle and could hardly walk did it half way into the holiday the stupid thing is I did it because I was to busy looking up at the empire state buliding and fell of the kurb :haha: what a dumb arse I didnt let it stop me though just had an incredibly sore ankle when we got back to britain and we had to get a few cabs and use the subway rather than walk everywhere as we had been doing.

I am so swollen and bloated tonight hope it eases off as have to get into a bridesmaid dress in 3 days!!

oh bless you lucy! If it's any consolation I tripped on the kerb outside the Plaza in NYC going "oh my god I've always wanted to get married at the plaza!!!" and landed in a huge puddle. Only my ego was hurt!

oh bless you lucy! If it's any consolation I tripped on the kerb outside the Plaza in NYC going "oh my god I've always wanted to get married at the plaza!!!" and landed in a huge puddle. Only my ego was hurt!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean... uhm... :hugs:

Congrats Cesca! How are you today?

Nato, sounds promising.

Megg... I was super positive I'd be having twins as I thought I'd felt ov pains on both sides, remember? Maybe we should stop trying to interpret every single little niggle. I know I should, it totally stresses me out thinking that every cramp is the end and (TMI) every time I feel the slightest bit of cm it has me running to the restroom sure I'm about to see red blood. I am trying my hardest not to pay such close attention to every little thing that happens in the lower half of my body.

Did you all ever see this movie?
Click

Yep I saw that movie... a couple of years ago now I think?

Wow it seems like everyone has had a few holiday mishaps! Sassy, yours seem to take the cake, however. Crikey!!! Stick to the spa holidays for awhile. :)

Sorry to hear about the staph infection, sprained ankles, blown tires, etc. :hugs:

I have a few that come to mind...

When hubby and I were in Barcelona he had just had his wisdom teeth removed and was in such pain and on Vicodin, which made him ill. He threw up right outside La Sagrada Famila :blush: and spent most of the trip in the hotel so I had to do Barcelona alone.

We got molluscum (horrid, horrid rash virus) from a hotel in Dublin and had this rash for MONTHS. Truly disgusting!

We were flying RyanAir out of Germany and they cancelled all flights for 3 days (!) but that wasn't so bad as we were forced to prolong our hoiday...at our own expense though, which sucked.

Oh, and when I was backpacking in France with my bff we stayed in really creepy hostel in Nice which involved sharing a 2 bed room with two middle aged men who kept insinuating they wanted to molest us!! We literally slept in our shoes and hid our purses in the shirts we had on. We didn't know enough French to properly complain and were too broke to stay somewhere else...good times...

Yogi welcome back from camping! Wow, that's pretty cool you saw a bear. I'm super paranoid about mountain camping...I'm the person who won't even brush my teeth near my tent.

Megg, I wouldn't worry about the lack of ovary pain, I agree that different IS good! Good luck, I wish I could fast forward for you like Click. (Good movie, Jaymes! How are you feeling?)

Same with you Hearty, any cancellations? Thinking of you and hope you get your MRI asap.

Cesca, so happy to hear your CM is yellow!

Nato, I don't see how it could be bfp in the evening and bfn in the morning unless you have, as has been suggested, faulty fmu! Keep testing in the evening and FX. I'm like you and Sassy and Mel and am a serial tester from 10 dpo. It's expensive but I share the mindset that easing myself into a BFN is easier than waiting for AF, at least for now.

Mel, hope you had a good day work and are taking it easy this evening.

Mmm, Vicky, sounds like a delicious dinner. Sorry about your bitchy co-workers. If they only knew!

Erm, hope I didn't miss anybody. :hugs: to all, you were a chatty lot today. :)

I'm trying not to worry! I'm keeping up with pics and "Baby Thoughts" for the PMA bank! So, I'm doing my best! I hope this cycle pans out so that my "Baby Thoughts" aren't going to waste!

hey Allie...I just finished a bowl of stew and biscuits, and now I am deciding if I should have a nap first and then go work on my assignment, or if I should get the assignment done and then nap?! Tough choices, lol!

Hi chicks. Just did a quick read through. Funny travel stories! Not much to report on my end. Feeling a bit down about it all to be honest. Going home from work right now. Hope Tim has dinner planned, I'm exhausted. I did get my boots today though. Have to try them on with a few outfits to make sure I want to keep them. So far they are beautiful!

*kicks up some PMA* C'mon girls! At least you aren't stabbing yourself in the stomach every 24 hours... That's a plus! :hugs:

I think pics of Hearty's boots with outfits would really get things going again!

Thanks Meggs, I totally need some PMA...I'm not feeling very hopeful...really wish I didn't POAS this morning...I agree, pics of boots with outfits would be a good distraction!!

I brought in a truckload... Is that enough?

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4699328796_a2467b0507_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->