Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Sparky, they are beautiful. :) :hugs: Yay for boobie juice!!

Amanda, I hope you are able to get something sorted out....ugh.

Gibs, how's the LO?

Mel, how are you?

The move is good, just so busy. We found Alistair a nursery yesterday and we move into our flat on the 16th at the latest. We viewed so many and two wouldn't even let us apply as they don't allow children. :dohh: Alistair's nursery is so cool and beautiful. I'm excited for him! I should get back to work, I've been on BnB too long and I need to be writing, writing, writing...

Hope everyone is well

Just wondering where the thread went, then I found it and I had nothing to say because I was the last poster, ha. Sad face!

How is everyone? Really....

Miss you guys!

I am good, always busy, always tired, but loving my new life. The girls sleep through the night now which makes my days a lot easier & we discovered Scarlett had a tongue tie, so we got it snipped and now she has taken to the breast really well...that makes life easier for me too as I only have to pump once a day now, at one point it was 7-8 :shock: the girls will be 5 months old on Sunday! The time is zipping by way too fast

holy crap, 5 months already?! wow! i don't think i realized they were so close to riley...about 2 weeks between them.

i'm doing good. i decided to keep kash home from daycare this month as his favorite teacher that has been part of his life for a year and a half was moving away last week. so i was hoping keeping him home and then going back in january, he would kind of forget about her and it wouldn't be a hard transition for him for her to not be there anymore. fingers crossed anyway.

riley is finally starting to sleep a bit longer at night. i'm hoping he gives me sleeping through the night for a christmas present lol. the boys are doing great though and really not a whole lot going on with me.

glad you found a great nursery for allistair :)

how's everyone else doing? it definitely has been quiet in here these days. where's that crazy vicki? :)

I just stalk!

So with that... Happy Holidays everyone!

i just float around between the kids and being pregnant im pooped lol xxx

Wow, 5 months for the twins and Riley! Amazing. Time flies. Sounds like things ae going well. I'd type more but Alex is in bed by me trying to sleep and he can't sleep when I type fast haha. Will reply later

Congrats on the pregnancy Jen

And hello and happy holidays to you, Dazed

Sounds like we are all really busy!

Gaynor I can't believe they are 5 months old already. They are gorgeous. Well done for persisting with bf'ing. I know how hard it is, especially with preemies, nevermind with twins!

Jen, congrats on the pregnancy. Will you find out the gender?

Mel, I hope you get sleeping through the night for Christmas too. What a gift that would be! Good luck with Kash's daycare.

Allie, how is Scotland? Does Alistair like his nursery? How is Alex getting along?

Hi Dazed! How are you babe? Happy Holidays!

Life has been utterly crazy for me. We were unofficially evicted 2.5 months ago. Then we never got a formal eviction notice and never heard from our landlord. So we emailed them, telling them we might be willing to buy the house from them and that I'm trying to study for my exams to be a licensed therapist. We told them we'd prefer to keep renting, but if not, maybe we could buy it from them. But either way, we needed to know what was going on because I've had to put my studies on hold in order to look for housing. We never heard back from them! Finally we put a note in with our rent check and asked them to please respond to our email. A few days later we got a response saying they weren't sure what they were doing and would get back to us in a week. It's been OVER a week now! I'm going to email them again today and remind them that they are basically holding us hostage. If we have to move, we need to know. I can't schedule my exams, nor can I buy a plane ticket to visit my mom until I know if I'm moving.

We put a bid on a house. We offered $60,000 over asking price. It sold for $220,000 over asking. The housing market here is impossible. It wasn't even that nice a house. It was a 2 bed, 1 bath. Less than 1,000 square feet. The kitchen was original from the 1950's. And it ended up selling for $770,000!!! Disgusting.

I'm studying while Delilah naps and on the weekends which gives me no free time. That's why I'm not posting on B&B these days. I'm overwhelmed with being a mom to a very active toddler, studying and dealing with this house shit.

Delilah is amazing. I love her to pieces even though she is fiercely becoming independent. No is her new favorite word. LOL! It's 7:30 am and she's still sleeping. I, unfortunately, woke at 6am with racing thoughts which is why I've had time to write this.

I hope everyone has happy holidays! I read when I can, but forgive me that I don't post much. xo

Hi girls! I check in here from time to time but mostly just stalk.

Sparkly- I love seeing pics of the twins on FB! I can’t believe they are almost 5 months old. I’m sure life with two little girlies is blissful chaos!

Mel- FX for sleeping through the night for your Christmas present. It’s amazing how valuable sleep is when you aren’t getting any! Happy 5 months to Riley! I hope the transition for Kash is an easy one.

Dazed- how are you these days?

Jen- Congrats on #3! It looks like things are going well.

Allie- love the pictures of Alistair getting his hair cut. You need to have a girl next so she can inherit the same beautiful hair he has!

Amanda- I can’t believe you are still in limbo with the eviction. And even more unbelievable is the housing market in your area! That is just insane. I hope things fall into place soon so you can start living your life again and making plans.

Delilah and Penny have that word in common! I always tell Penny that mommy doesn’t like that word and she just rolls her eyes at me! :dohh:

These days I pretty much stick to my journal. I’m just now coming out of 1st tri zombie mode and finally feeling human again! Tim and Penny are very happy about this. They were good sports for the first few weeks and helped out so much. Penny was sweet and cuddled on the sofa with me on my rough days and only requested “doup” aka soup on days where morning sickness kicked my butt.

I also have a fiercely independent girly. I love her strong will but man is it exhausting at times! She is such a sweet, silly and sassy little being.

Hearty! Thats disgusting about the housing situation. I have a rinky-dink little house that I paid $159k for (1,000 sq ft.). My brother lived not far from Berkley during his residency and told me that I would get $1m for the house and land I'm on if it was in CA.

I'm good. Still in a holding pattern. Nick gave me to go ahead to start looking into clinics, but really I'm waiting for my sister to find out her situation to see if I have a real life buddy to go through IVF with. I also have to admit I have been hesitant to really search. Its the what if's that are getting me.

oh god thats terrible about the house situation darling i really hope you get something sorted soon hun its not fair to put your studies on hold i wish they would allow you to buy it hun xxx

thanks allie and hoping :D

im not sure if i am yet to be honest i am struggling alot with this pregnancy its been making me very ill and its not really been the most welcoming thing from other people paul and i are happy but other people have been giving us hassle and its made me feel like this pregnancy is a complete inconvenience to some so we both deleted our fb and made a new one as we have some jealous issues from people and i thought it was best to start fresh so i have sent requests to everyone if i have missed someone please let me know id hate to miss any of you guys

we had quiet the drama yesterday i had to call national grid out ( gas emergency services ) we had a gas leak at home and our cooker has been deemed unsafe to use and had to be disconnected i was frantic how can we afford a new one this close to christmas how am i going to cook for the kids but we did manage to get one from the shop around the corner and they delivered last night as they knew it was an emergency they even took the old one away yesterday was a bad day lol

i hope everyone is well i will try post when i can as i am quiet busy with the kids and the house paul works all the time so yay for work lol xxx

Dazed, thanks for the update. I think about you often and wonder where you are in your process. The what ifs can be crippling. The money, the emotions, the realities, the fantasies all play their part. I remember starting the research for IUI and surrogacy. It took me a long time to come around to both ideas, but especially surrogacy. I kept putting off my research. I wasn't completely ready to dip my foot into that pool. If you ended up doing IVF with your sister, have you considered the what ifs around if one of you got pregnant and the other didn't? I'm sure you have. I'm just curious. Let us know if we can help keep you sane through this process.

Jen, that sounds like a horrible day. Why are people jealous of this pregnancy? I'm sorry it's been so rough. Will you find out the gender?

Amber, when is the next scan? Have you told your work yet? I know I've said it before, but I absolutely adore what you are doing.

Dazed, we are here for you, good luck deciding what to do!

Hearty, I am so shocked about your landlords and the limbo you are in. I hope they get back to you soon....

Amber, I love how you describe Penny....

we have some sassy and snazzy Disco girl babies, that's for sure!

And Disco boys, Alistair can be sassy haha.

Jen, what a nightmare, so sorry! Glad you found a shop to get you a cooker right away

I am also still here still plodding along. Just had my 2nd failed IVF attempt we have one more go and also one frozen so I am not giving up yet.

Good to hear from you Raz! Here's hoping 3rd times the charm :dust:

Amanda - I have thought about what if only one of us succeeds. Its always in the back of my mind. To be honest, I have always hoped that she would fall before I did so if it happened to her and not me, I would be ok with it. Maybe not right away, but given time. I was in tears when I told her about my last pregnancy because I just didn't think it was fair at the time that I could fall be she couldn't. We do know why she hasn't. Her husbands count was 80! They did some blood work on him to see if it is correctable. I am proud of her though because she is finally going through all the testing.

to be honest im not too sure why hun its really quiet frustrating , but im moving forward and keeping myself happy as possible :)

raz great to hear from you darling im so sorry about the ivf honey :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->