• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

vicky, that is outrageous for tests! The two tests I've taken this week were $1 at the "Dollar Tree." Today I went and bought some Target brand (2 for $8) since I'm worried maybe the $1 ones are a bit too cheap. But 18 euro....

You're not a student, are you? I know at my university we could get free pregnancy tests.

Lucy, I'm glad you're getting some work. Here, we have 3 month summer breaks and of course as a sub you don't get paid for that, which is why it's either the summer nanny job or nothing for now. I'm happy to have it! :)

Well Master Yoda :) I really have no idea how many DPO I am but 19 days ago was CD 19 when I really should have o'ed, but I wasn't temping or testing. Also, hubby and I BD'ed around then and didn't for nearly another 12 days so if I were pregnant it would have to be from 19 days ago and not one week ago, when I know for sure I wasn't ovulating. Who knows? I have a test I'm gonna do here in a bit but I'm trying to hold my pee haha. Thanks for the insight. Yes, I feel it must be too late for implatation bleeding.

Something is going on with me though as I just cried really hard for about 5 minutes straight in my car because my landlord hurt my feelings. I'm a softie but not usually that big of a wimp so I think it must be hormonal.

Allie thanks for the compliment babe!!! I wish i was still a student, sadly though im a underpaid research scientist seriously regretting not going into finance or banking! If i was a banker i could afford to buy 15 pregnancy tests just for the heck of it lol!!!
Thing is that in greece you can only buy pregnancy tests at the pharmacy and they only have clearblue and predictor. When i first joined this forum i was like how many pregnancy brands are out there???? I suppose i could have ordered some online but im never that organised....
Allie the fact that youre late and "hormonal" could be a good sign!! DONT TEST TODAY!!!! wait a couple more days...The force is strong with you Obi Wan!!!

Ew! Blue dye and Predictor??? Go for the blood test! For real! :hugs:

Allie - What brand did you get at Target? The $1 ones might be more sensitive! They're 25mIU. A lot of other brands are 50mIU!

Thanks meggles, i thought it made more sence..
Out of curiosity whats wrong with predictor?

I got the Target Up and Up brand and the results are in....BFN!

This is the same test I got a BFP at 11 DPO....and as I'm now at least 19 DPO...we can say I'm officially out with a wonky cycle. :( Nooo. I don't know why my cycle chose right now to get irregular. I should be on CD 3 right now and getting optimistic about another cycle....

Oh, well, there is still hope for vicky!! :) I'm off now to a farm to celebrate America's independence and whatnot until Monday but I can't wait to check back! Have a good weekend ladies.

I've seen 2 really impressive false positives on them in the forum lately! Like... both in 1 week! They both CLEARLY had a 2nd line, though faint... It was pink and showed up in the time frame! So, they scare me! I have seen Predictor get it right once too just the other day... but some woman said even her HUSBAND got a faint BFP on a Predictor!!! :(

Up & Up aren't all that sensitive! I'd try FRER! :)

Thats soooo funny!!!! How the hell did she get him to poas??????????? My hubby would probably divorce me if i did that!!!!

:rofl: my DH would deff divorce me if I asked him to take a pregnancy test! He already thinks I'm crazy enough without that!

BTW...

I feel stupid for asking, but what does AFM mean?

(Nervous cough and all that)

How are you're uteri?

(Again the nervous cough)

Um.. I mean... Yeah.. You know...

AFM means As For Me! :)

Uteri.. my uterus... its boring at the moment!

She got him to pee on it because they wanted to prove that the tests were crap and giving false +!

Hey girls how are we all? Allie im so sorry you got a negative, i really thought this month was your month :cry:. Hope ur ok sweetie & ur AF kicks in soon so you can get on with trying this month?

Vic i cannot believe your Will power ur actually late for AF & still not testing??? im gobsmacked hahaha by now i reckon id have notched up a good 30 tests lol :haha:. Please test soon hun the suspense is killing me hahahaha.

Is anyone due to ovulate this weekend? as i said the other day i defo ovulated early this cycle which is poop :cry: i didnt have sex anywhere near as much as we usually do. Mind you its not got me anywhere recently DTD everyu night so maybe it might have done me a favour OH's spermies not being diluted etc?? Im trying to stay hopefull can you tell :haha:. So basically i got a smiley on Thursday we had DTD on Monday & also on Thursday Obviously so im hoping i didnt miss my surge? :growlmad: its so annoying. My OPKs were back Negative on Friday so thats why im apprehensive :shrug:. Only time will tell i guess girls.

Luce how are u? are you getting ready for a weekend of lovin?? :blush:.

sorry ive not been on here much ive not really had much to say for my little self so just been lurking. I take it still no Nato? she would be a few DPO by now coz shes ahead of me so i though we'd of seen her :cry: oh how i miss her! :hugs::kiss: hugs n kisses if u do lurk on here babe x

& Hugs on all my other little lovelies :hugs:.

Im so excited BTW i found True Blood season 3 on the net straight from the USA :happydance::happydance: we in the UK werent getting Season3 till end of 2010 so im well chuffed that ive up to speed with you Meggles :winkwink:. PS how FIT is the new werewolf whos helping Sookie mmmmmmmmmmmmmm he's Delisssshhhh.

xxxxxxxxxx Lov Caz xxxxxxxxxxxx

Allie, so sorry for the BFN doll. Where is AF then? I'm so confused for you! A 19 day luteal phase is very long. I can only think that you ovulated later than you thought you did. Hmmm...

Vicky any news?? I think you might be out of town for the weekend, but hopefully near a computer to give us minute to minute up dates. It's the least you could do since you are making us wait until Monday to test.

Caz, are you thinking you ovulated on Wednesday? Maybe Thursday? That Monday session might have done the trick. And maybe it is better that you gave the spermies a little break in between. I'm crossing everything for you.

Oh, and True Blood...I just watched the newest episode (3) last night. That werewolf helping Sookie is delicious. Mmmm. If any of you watch the Tudors, the vamp who is keen on Tara was Cromwell in the Tudors. I just watched Cromwell get beheaded on the Tudors last week and now he's a vamp on True Blood!

AFM (Jaymie, it took me a while to figure that one out. I kept thinking it was Aunt Flo something. It was confusing) I did my last IC and it is as dark as the control line. I did an OPK because I wanted to see and sure enough it was positive and then some. I got a smiley, but when I took out the stick, the test line was way darker than the control line. Very interesting. I've been feeling a bit doubtful about this whole thing recently. Last time I had this weird pain in my right side near my ovaries. It was a pain that I had been feeling for months whenever I got AF. I would also spot mid-cycle and could feel it too. Often it was more a sensation than a pain, but when I got pregnant, it actually hurt. They never found anything. I was told my right ovary looked a little enlarged but that it was normal. After I lost the pregnancy, I had a hysteroscopy to see if there was a polyp or fibroid and she only say a very very small polyp the size of a pimple. She said that wouldn't be the cause of the pain. I didn't feel the sensation again until now. It's back, but it doesn't hurt. I just notice my right lower abdomen, especially when I'm sitting down. It definitely is worrisome. It's so sad, but I'm just gearing myself up for bad news when I go in for my scan. I want to feel positive, but It is really hard.

We have friends coming over for a barbeque today and I'm hesitant to tell them. In one way I want to so I can have some sense of celebration. In the other, I'm so sick of telling people only to tell them a few weeks later that it is all over. Sigh. This scan can't come soon enough. I just want some answers.

xoxo

Hey ladies!

Well no AF yet, but im also like you Hearty feeling bummed... Thursday and Friday i was feeling pregnant...sore boobs, slight nausea, sore gums and today nothing. This could either mean that im not pregnant or if i am things will go bad once again...I know its completely stupid to worry that a pregnancy might go bad even before its confirmed but im only being honest here as i cannot even mention this stuff to Alex. We are supposed to leave for the beach house later on but i really just wanna go to bed and sleep the weekend away.... My plan is to go for bloods on Monday (ill get the results a few hours later) and if pregnant will redo them on Wednesday to see the pattern.

Hearty please try to stay positive, i know that you must be going crazy with worry andd i wish i could say something to put your mind at ease. If you dont feel like telling anyone yet dont...See how you feel when they arrive and decide then. Im thinking about you all the time and i truely have a good feeling about you!

Thanks Vicky. I truly have a good feeling about you too. I really do. I'm quite pleased to hear AF hasn't reared her head yet but I do understand your fears. I think it is important for us to be honest here. Tim asked me yesterday how I was feeling and I was very honest. He said "oh, I'm sorry I asked." I told him I was glad he asked because it let me express my concern. I don't think he wants to hear anything negative. He keeps talking about the baby and about me being pregnant. He is truly excited which is so cute, but it makes me even more nervous in some ways. I don't want to burst anyones bubbles.

I'm a little annoyed that my doctor hasn't mentioned getting bloods. I'm just supposed to go in for a 6 week scan. I want bloods measured every day!!! If I could test my own bloods, I would. Why don't they invent a POAS for hcg levels? We need more POAS options damn it!

I think it is a good idea for you to save your money and get the bloods done. No need to POAS when your bloods will give you much more info. Do you know what time you'll get them? I'm sure by the time I wake up on Monday you'll have gotten them done and have the results. I can't wait.

Try to have a nice time at the beach. The sun, sand and waves are always good therapy for me. Not to mention, you'll be gorgeous with your savage tan!

Hey babe i actually think i OV'd on Thursday because i had the ovary pains in my left ovary so i was either gearing up for ovulation or actually ovulating? my CM was watery so i reckon i OV'd. Im hoping spermies from sex thursday made it there in time lol i lay with my legs in the air and my bum on a cushion tilted upwards for a good half hour to give the little buggers a head start to find my egg HAHAHAHA!!! wishfull thinking or what lol! Im just gonna remain positive for now though i guess.

Glad things are going so great with you Heartylicious :) whoop whoop x x x

I'll keep y'all updated xxxxxxx hav a lovely weekend everyone xxxxxxxx Lov Caz

Hearty cant you just go and get your bloods done without your doctor requesting them??? Im just gonna turn up to a microbiologist on Monday and get them done.
Greece is really funny, getting tests private medical attention is cheap but buying a damn pregnancy test is soo expensive. I havent even called my doc to tell him im late lol!
If i get the bloods drawn at 8 am then by 12 i get the results. In the past i would send my dad to pick up the results since by the time i get off work they close. This time i havent told my parents that im late and that i plan to test (doing everything different this time!!) so im gonna try and persuade them to give me the results over the phone. I dont know why they are so anal about giving results over the phone when just anyone can walk in and pick up the results for me.
Hearty i think your hubby is fab, mine never asks me how im feeling pregnancy wise...Its like hes in constant denial. He only likes to brag about how easy it is for him to knock me up. I guess he thinks that after that his job is over??? Who knows...maybe im just being oversensitive..
Ill be heading out to the beach house late evening as it has started to rain for the past 3 hours!!! I mean really hard rain coupled with strong winds!!! I hope tomorrow it will be sunny again...

Good Morning Ladies...Hope everyone has had a great past few days. The weather is still gloomy/rainy here, so I am gearing up for a relaxing day on the couch. My company left a day early, so now it's time to relax.

Hearty - stay positive! I know how hard it is, but today I offically passed my last pregnancy, so I am thinking it means good things, and I know good things are gonna happen for you too:)

I might try to get my bloods done anyway. I might just march right in and tell them what's what. I hope they give you your results over the phone. If you need me to, I'll come to Greece and go get the results for you. I hope the sun comes out for you in more ways than one.

Caz, it is highly likely you did enough this cycle. Now into the 2ww. You are 2dpo today! Can't wait for the testing frenzy to begin!

I wonder if Nato tried this cycle. She must be in the 2ww now too. Do you think she'll ever come back?

Tim just came in and saw me typing. He said "what are we doing? Are we talking to the girls?" I said "we're not doing anything, I'm talking to the girls." He said, "tell them I said hi!" He's so cute. I hope I can have this baby. Tim has green eyes and I want me a green eyed baby. Mine are blue, but I really want those green eyes!!

Where's Meggles? And Lucy? Is she out of town for the weekend too?

Hey Mel, I thought you were away for the weekend? I just saw you post in the PAL thread. How are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->