Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

It took us nearly a year to get pregnant the first time hoping it wont take as long this time round. He had his sperm analysised and all was ok with regard to quantity (he had above average numbers) and they were all good swimmers the only thing that came up was that some of them had a slightly odd shape but it was quite a low number so the dr wasn't concerned about it at all we had a referal to the fertility clinic by my dr but found out I was pregnant a week before our appointment so we didnt need it. He's a fairly healthy eater and has a physical job he takes the vitamins I ask him to and has been eating sunflower and pumpkin seeds for the extra zinc so he's pretty good really. I guess I'm just worried that it will take us ages to get pregnant again I'm 30 this year and steve will be 40 I know he worries about it sometimes. I mentioned it to the dr I have been seeing recently and she said there is no need to worry about it.

Well done to Nadal thought he would win!

Well I'm 35 and Tim's 41 if that helps! It took us a year to get pregnant the first time, but honestly, once I started temping and realizing exactly when I ovulated, it was only a month or two. The key is knowing your cycle (as you already know). Are you trying anything else like conceive plus or soft cups? Just a thought.

Men have it easier. My step-father was 48 when my brother was born. My grandfather was in his mid 40's when my father was born. 40 is the new 20 when it comes to sperm LOL!!!

Surely millions of women have gotten pregnant without an OPK! I'm seriously mystified at how populated this earth is. It seems so damn hard to get pregnant, doesn't it?

I know I always thought before we started trying that it would be easy to get pregnant and got a bit of a shock when I found out what a small window of opportunity there is each month

Well I'm 35 and Tim's 41 if that helps! It took us a year to get pregnant the first time, but honestly, once I started temping and realizing exactly when I ovulated, it was only a month or two. The key is knowing your cycle (as you already know). Are you trying anything else like conceive plus or soft cups? Just a thought.

Men have it easier. My step-father was 48 when my brother was born. My grandfather was in his mid 40's when my father was born. 40 is the new 20 when it comes to sperm LOL!!!

Thanks hearty that does help sometimes it feels like we are the only ones that it doesnt happen straight away for both my SIL's got pregnant easily well straight away and friends have. Its why I'm so glad I have found you ladies as I dont feel like I'm alone although I would rather none of us have been through what we have. I may try temping next month if I get an AF this month. Havnt tried conceive plus or anything like that I have looked at preseed before but never bought it. I always lie with my legs in the air and cycle afterwards.

Mel - I SO hope you're right!!! I'm torn! I have a prediction of Sept 13... but I'd much rather it be now... I really would! How you feeling, sweetie?

July seems like it is going to be a good month, so I have high hopes for everyone this month :)

I am doing pretty good. I am finding that I need to make sure I eat often, otherwise I start feeling a little nauseous.....glad that's all it is though!

Happy 4th of July to all the American's :)

Hearty - I am glad you mentioned about the pot....My OH does from time to time as well, and it totally annoys me. I tell him that we are not allowed to have sex if he has, because I don't want it to harm the baby. Is there actually any truth to that though?? He smokes as well, but I kicked him out of the house to do that now....I am hoping he will just quit!

Hello babes!!
So no AF as of now. To be honest i know im pregnant, i just feel it. Im now just worrried about bloods and whether this bean will make it.

So im gonna play devil's advocate for Tim, Lucy's and Mel's OH. Me and hubby,as well as our whole social circle are poster people for bad habits. We all drink, smoke like chimneys and occasionaly smoke pot. Now apart from me and Alex who have had these 2 losses, everyone else has gotten pregnant very quickly and given birth to very healthy babies. I dont know if we make up for it by the mediteranean diet or what, but the result is that most of us have no problems in the ttc department. In europe drinking a glass of wine while pregnant is considered normal as well. Im not saying that drinking and smoking is good for you by any means, but i think that we worry too much about it.

Mel the nausea is such a good sign that everything is going well!!!! I want LOADS of MS, i wanna throw up all day every day!!

Hearty im soo happy that you celebrated you bean, i wish i had your attitude!!

Meggles you gonna have a soy baby as well??????

kisses

oh Vicky I am so excited for you!!! :happydance: Your little bean is going to make it so that we can all take this journey together! And since you wish for lots of MS, I am hoping you get it, lol! :hugs:

Thanks Mel babe! Ok so im pretty sure im preggo, not 100% so lets not consider it a done deal yet!!!

:happydance: Vicky hope your bloods show good strong levels and that you get lots of morning sickness!! I'm so exicted for you.

Hearty - I am glad you mentioned about the pot....My OH does from time to time as well, and it totally annoys me. I tell him that we are not allowed to have sex if he has, because I don't want it to harm the baby. Is there actually any truth to that though?? He smokes as well, but I kicked him out of the house to do that now....I am hoping he will just quit!

No, there's not truth to it, hun. But, its still your choice if you're willing to have sex with him after he's done something that you're not okay with him doing. :hugs:

Hello babes!!
So no AF as of now. To be honest i know im pregnant, i just feel it. Im now just worrried about bloods and whether this bean will make it.

So im gonna play devil's advocate for Tim, Lucy's and Mel's OH. Me and hubby,as well as our whole social circle are poster people for bad habits. We all drink, smoke like chimneys and occasionaly smoke pot. Now apart from me and Alex who have had these 2 losses, everyone else has gotten pregnant very quickly and given birth to very healthy babies. I dont know if we make up for it by the mediteranean diet or what, but the result is that most of us have no problems in the ttc department. In europe drinking a glass of wine while pregnant is considered normal as well. Im not saying that drinking and smoking is good for you by any means, but i think that we worry too much about it.

Mel the nausea is such a good sign that everything is going well!!!! I want LOADS of MS, i wanna throw up all day every day!!

Hearty im soo happy that you celebrated you bean, i wish i had your attitude!!

Meggles you gonna have a soy baby as well??????

kisses

I have every faith that your little bean can make it this time! Just believe in it! :)

I think we probably worry too much about smoking and drinking too. I don't drink because of a physical anomaly where I don't process it, so I don't get tipsy/drunk and have to pee immediately upon drinking it... and it feels like straight alcohol coming back out. So, it hurts! My husband had to stop when he had heart problems, and I haven't let him pick it back up. When I say that he had to decide between having a baby or drinking, its mostly because his family is FULL of raging alcoholics and I won't have my child subjected to that. Better safe than sorry! As for cigarettes and pot... I don't smoke, but I'm very often in a room full of people who are smoking both. I don't run away or worry that it will do some sort of damage. I don't think its often enough to hurt anything. Maybe a couple of times some weeks, and never other weeks. So, its not often. I know too many people who drink, do drugs, smoke, etc who have babies like no one's business! So, I can't be THAT bad!

As for the Soy baby... I hope so! I've gotten both of my BFP's on Soy. I'm hoping to get another... that sticks! So, I would like to think I'm going to get a Soy baby in the end.

Meggles i really hope July is your month hun!!!!!!!!!!
Ok sooo gross but i think i have thrush.. Could it be due to the fact that i was at the beach all day and didnt change bikinis??? Got i havent had thrush since i was 26 and took antibiotics for 2 months to get rid of a sinus infection from hell....I really hate it!! Ill be itching and scratching at work 2morrow...

Vicky, I'm dying for those bloods now! OMG, you think you're pregnant! Honey, if you are, we're going to get through this together, I promise. xoxo

I agree with the bad habits thing. As much as I hate that Tim does it all, he has never quit and he's knocked me up 3 times! I'm no innocent flower. I quit smoking pot 5 years ago when I decided I wanted to make my body healthier to have a baby. Most of my friends still smoke and drink and have had healthy babies. I just wanted Tim to cut down from smoking every day to a few times a week, which he has. Sometimes he only does it once a week which is nice. Drinking is a little more for him. I really can't worry about it too much. And again, I've definitely enjoyed my nights out where I've gotten completely drunk and loved it. I have just tried to avoid that in the TWW. Vicky, my step-father was a pediatrician and as I've mentioned, from Spain. He would always tell his expecting mothers to enjoy a glass of wine every so often. He had that same sort of laid back, European belief about alcohol. He was never sued for malpractice or had any women give birth to babies with fetal alcohol syndrome. Honestly, drinking worries me less than the pot. And that only worries me when Tim does it in excess. I need those swimmers to be strong! Apparently they have been.

Mel, I agree with Megg, it won't harm the baby. Once you're pregnant, your mucus plug keeps sperm out as well as bacteria. Don't worry about that.

I hope July is a good month for the ladies. Lawa, Megg, Lucy, Cazza, Allie, and of course the 95% pregnant Vicky! Did I miss anyone??? Come on July beans!!!

Vicky, are you sure it's thrush? It might be excess CM from pregnancy. That is often a symptom. I've also heard women say they knew they were pregnant when they got thrush. Hmmm....

Famous last words Hearty!!!! I am a huge pain in the ass when im stressed, i mean i can drive even the most patient person up the wall. I think my therapist takes xanax before our sessions lol!!!

Ha ha!!! Well I'm a really patient person, so I think I can hang with you. If you start to become too much of a stress case, I'll come over to Greece and yell at you!

Im pretty sure its thrush, the discharge is typical of thrush and im already beginning to itch... I think i provided the perfect environment for growth by wearing the same damp bikini all day. The sun was so strong that i was in and out of the water all day and my bikini never actually dried. My mom always told me to bring an extra pair of bottoms for this exact reason but im such a smart ass that i never listen to her!!!

Yes come to greece and yell at me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic my friend has two little ones and in both her pregnancies she suffered from thrush.

I do agree with you about bad habits there are lots of women out there who get pregnant while drinking smoking etc and all is ok for them. For us the month we got pregnant was the month that he didnt drink much at all maybe just a coincidence. We have sorted things now and he has apologised for braking his promise and upsetting me.

Luce im so happy that things are ok between you and DH. I think the most important thing is that you are on the same page. We need to be strong with our OH in this journey or else we will end up hating eachother. My hubby isnt always on the same page as me and he really does my head in. His main problem is that he is a very laid back person, so he never feels the urgency in ttc. Im sooo hoping that everything will go well for me this month, i dont think i can handle the BD around ovulation grief i go through every month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->