Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

maybe it's the lighting up here!?! or lack of?? It's so dark and dreary here today and I have today off so I'm considering doing some baking...hmmmm

My IC's and OPK's just arrived in the mail :happydance: so now i'll be peeing on OPK sticks daily. It felt so weird to have nothing to pee on the past 2 weeks! :haha:

They took a while to get here because they're from the states...so I was surprised when I opened the package and they all say Made in Canada!?!?! :wacko:

lol, that is funny!! Made in Canada, but yet coming from the States?!

Yogi - it's so dreary here too....and today compared to yesterday morning, it's staying darker longer in the mornings. It makes me want to stay in bed all the time!

Mel, i'm curious how far north in alberta are you? fort macmurray north?? have you had snow yet?

No snow talk! I forbid it! (fingers in ears) LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

I am so rubbish. My husband just rang on his way home from work to see if I wanted to go out for a couple of drinks or not. Prepregnancy I would've jumped at the chance, I love getting dressed up and going out and about, but I just said no! None of my nice clothes fit and I just feel so tired! He's gonna get a bottle of wine for himself instead!

lol Jaymes - you must get snow too where you live?

Yogi - I am in the Northwestern corner of Alberta.....(hope the map works). I am the dot that says Rainbow Lake

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https://members.shaw.ca/kcic1/maps/ab.jpg&imgrefurl=https://members.shaw.ca/kcic1/mapab.html&h=801&w=595&sz=149&tbnid=vTvWB4tZXt2_uM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalberta%2Bmap&zoom=1&q=alberta+map&usg=__uFpMh1aiVDBRJcime6FwxEQ0buE=&sa=X&ei=3OmcTMKdIoe8sQP8w_zVAQ&ved=0CCsQ9QEwBQ

Cesca - you can have some virgin drinks if you want, but make sure you get some rest. Your body definitely wants it :hugs:

LOL Cesca I thought that was a marriage thing not pregnancy, pre-marriage I would have jumped at the chance got glammed up and hit some fancy wine bars with hot fiancee now I'd rather sit in my big chunky p.j's, no make up on with Hubby playing on the X-Box, soooooo romantic............NOT!!xxxx

Mel I cannot imagine what's its like where you live, its so surreal for me!xxxxx

I am such a whimp in the snow!!!! We live at the top of a hill and when it snowed last February (bear in mind I live in Dorset where it snows last!!) I couldn't get my car down the hill. So I walked to work and it took me double the time it should as I fell over three times!

I've already reminded hubby I will be heavily pregnant in Feb (hopefully) so there is no way I am risking walking in in the snow! I suppose Canadians don't have a choice!

It's pretty nice.....picture yourself surrounded by beautiful trees and wildlife....a lake a short distance away....almost 24 hours of light during the summer, almost 24 hours of dark during winter, beautiful northern lights, beautiful sunsets/sunrises.....and forget about the fact that you are so far away from shopping malls!!! lol!

Cesca - I definitely wouldn't be walking in the snow, as it is way too cold!! we can get to -40 celcius in the winter, and then windchill on top of that!! You warm your vehicle up for at least half an hour just to go to the grocery store!

WOW that is way up there!! But it sounds pretty...I don't get to see the northern lights where I am...and we don't really get any snow either. Maybe just a couple times a year? But we get 8 months of rain instead. I'd take snow and sunshine any day! But it is beautiful here!

(surly face) it snows..... doesn't mean I have to like it though. I hate to be cold!

I don't mind the snow, but I hate the cold! We had snow a week or two ago, but it was melting before it hit the ground. We usually don't have snow to stay until November. And then once Christmas is over, I would like it to be gone! I need a white christmas though, otherwise it just isn't the same.

OMG I hate the snow and the cold and the rain for that matter, I cannot wait to get away from this country! It's got quite cold here last winter, prob about -5 and it was horrible, then we had heavy snow (6 inches) and NO ONE went to work, I live 2 minute drive away from the office and could not make it in as I couldn't get my car out and it was too dangerous to walk, lol!!!!!

:rofl: Sassy! If that was the case here, we would never be at work during the winter. -5 is a breeze for us, along with 6" of snow. We tend to get 6' of snow and more! It's crazy....but the snow sure does make fun for making snow angels, snowmen, snow forts, skiing, and all the other fun winter activities.

I just hate the cold, even as a child I would want to sit indoors with my Mum drinking hot chocolate while the boys went crazy in the snow!

Where you live sounds amaing, I'm so jealous. Picture where I live, 1billion houses literally on top of each other, tons of traffic, a river that ony has massive shipping boats passing by, but on the up side I have many shops and resturants right on our door step!

hmmmm, that sounds a bit crowded and loud. I like the houses to have some space between them for sure. Is there a lot of historic culture there? I loved seeing all that kind of stuff when I visited Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->