Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Hi everyone. Haven't had a lot of time to post. Feeling out of sorts and a little sorry for myself at the moment. Lots of stuff going on in my brain right now. None of it is good. Sigh.

I am meeting up with a girlfriend tonight to go shoe shopping for her wedding. I'm sure I'll end up buying some shoes too. Retail therapy and good friends always help to lift my mood.

Megg I'll add the banner today. The site was down last night when I went to do it.

Vicky 3 months is the standard maternity leave in the US after baby is born. Most women I know work until a week before birth. My agency doesn't offer paid maternity leave at all! I can take 3 months unpaid and I would have to use all my vacation time before I take unpaid leave. Talk about a shitty deal! Not that I'm feeling hopeful today that I'll ever get to take that leave.

Where's Nato?

Sarah I know how awful it feels to hear about someone else's pregnancy. After all you've been through it is the last thing you need. You are clearly a strong woman and a survivor. You will get through this.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

xoxo

I'm sorry you're feeling negative, Hearty! Anything you want to talk through? Or, not so much? Just know we're here for you if and when you need us! :hugs:

Hearty, that really sucks. I am thankful for living in Canada! Hope you enjoy shoe shopping :hugs:

Hearty, I work for a medical school and we don't get paid leave either. We have to use our sick or vacation time if we have it.

Hi ladies
vic - so glad you've told your boss about your pregnancy, bit of a bummer on the maternity leave though
mel - when's your scan hun?...i can't wait to hear all about it
hearty - I sorry your feeling low honey :hugs: we all know that feeling, we're here if you need to rant, or just chat
nato - I echo what hearty said.....where are you chick????

I'm sorry if I've missed any of you other ladies, i have a rubbish memory, hope everyone is ok :kiss:

Do any of you ladies know Hedgewitch (aka Sam)?

scan is at 3:15 this afternoon....just under 4 hours to go now

Do any of you ladies know Hedgewitch (aka Sam)?

The name rings a big fat bell yeah.

She's had her little Aggie @ 34+2 by c-section today... Aggie is 5lb3oz and breathing on her own! After all her losses and the still birth of LM... I'm SO excited for her that you'd think it was my baby! :cloud9:

Good luck mel.

I have reverted to eating like a child this week. I can't get enough of chocolate mousse, biscuits, cheesy puff crisps and drinking fanta!

My husband is horrified. He is so paranoid about me getting overweight after the pregnancy (whole other thread/issue - knob!) I think he's trying to nip it in the bud now! But I had vegetables with my dinner and was gagging whilst eating courgette!

Good luck Mel :hugs:

Great news about your friend and her baby Meg :happydance:

My husband is horrified. He is so paranoid about me getting overweight after the pregnancy (whole other thread/issue - knob!) I think he's trying to nip it in the bud now!

Wow! There's a whole lot I feel I could say about that, but then I am premenstrual ......I think you put it quite eloquently :haha:

Cesca I would tell you DH to jump off a cliff, (can you tell I'm premenstrual aswell)!!xxx

Hey Cazza,

I hope your ok lovely, miss you.xxxxxx

Good luck Mel.

Looks like we have a newcomer. Hi AK, tell us about yourself.

Megg it is nice to hear good stories like your friend's. She deserves it.

Cesca you should be eating more! That's half the fun of being pregnant LOL!

I saw Nato make an appearance in the 35+ forum.

My mood today has to do with a lot of things. Last year on October 10 my father was riding his bicycle with his bike club. He just finished a 50 mile tide and was riding back to his car. A kid in a gas powered go cart lost control in a parking lot and ended up in the street. He hit my father so hard that my dad did several flips before landing on his head. His helmut saved his life…barely. He suffered a severe traumatic brain injury and was in the hospital for months. It was two days before my birthday last year. I spent my bday crying and thinking my father was going to die. Little did I know that a month later I would be pregnant again only to lose it. And then obviously go on to lose my third not that long after. My bday is on Tuesday and I was just thinking about all the loss in my life. My father is alive but different. His memory isn't great and he's had a few seizures. He'll probably have dementia in ten years or so. My step father died of dementia at an early age about four years ago. I miss him dearly. One of the last things he said to me in his hallucinating state was that "we will find my baby." At the time I didn't know what he was talking about. Now I think he might have been onto something. Anyhoo my bday and the holiday season in general get me down a bit. So much loss. So much sadness. I'll be ok. It was just one of those mornings.

He is getting me to eat more, but more of the good stuff. But i've felt so shite I've only really been living on bland food like bread and biscuits and crisps!

But thankfully I can stomach meat again....for now.

He did buy me chocolate the other day though...oddness!

Hearty massive :hugs: to you you have been through so much and I wish I could take away the pain and sadness. Here for you for whatever you need. If you dont mind, tomorrow is what would of been my due date and steve and I are going to chichester cathedral to light a candle for our little apple pip and if you dont mind I will light one for you as well.

I will also if no one objects like a candle for all our disco girls a group one for those who are pregnant and one for those that are trying/waiting to try/waiting for IVF!!

Cesca I say eat what ever you fancy and you can keep down. I'm trying my best to eat well but I'm also going for what keeps the nausea a bay which seems to be burts crisps, hula hoops, carrots and chocolate fingers.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->