Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Oh hearty, that's wonderful!!! :hugs:

What is the difference between Letrozole and Clomid and why did you choose the former?

I'm starting soy tomorrow-CD3-and am taking it for 3 days in hopes it will bring my ov forward as well.

Allie, why are you only taking soy for 3 days? You should be taking it for 5 days. How much are you taking? It didn't move my Ov forward, but I did get pregnant the first time I used it. Who knows if it was the soy. I hope it works for you!

Oh hearty, that's wonderful!!! :hugs:

What is the difference between Letrozole and Clomid and why did you choose the former?

I'm starting soy tomorrow-CD3-and am taking it for 3 days in hopes it will bring my ov forward as well.

Allie, why are you only taking soy for 3 days? You should be taking it for 5 days. How much are you taking? It didn't move my Ov forward, but I did get pregnant the first time I used it. Who knows if it was the soy. I hope it works for you!

Good catch! Def 5 days!

God Megg, it seems so counter intuitive that you are on BC pills right now! I realize it is to regulate hormones, but damn! It's great though because you are on your way to your BFP. I can't wait to hear the play by play.

God Megg, it seems so counter intuitive that you are on BC pills right now! I realize it is to regulate hormones, but damn! It's great though because you are on your way to your BFP. I can't wait to hear the play by play.

Yeah! Birth control and menopause is my first step to having a baby? :shrug: So weird!!! The play by play will be massive! Y'all will be sick of hearing about it! LOL I apologize in advance!

Yep! Birth control and menopause are the first 2 steps toward having a baby! :dohh:

Oh, CJ, :hugs: I'm off to read your journal....

hoping, can't believe you didn't get your results. Where in Colorado are you? I'm from there.

Megg, it does seem odd, huh. :shrug: Hope the bc doesn't affect your moods too much!

I'm taking 160 mgs for 3 days based on advice from a BnB forum...but if 5 days is better, 5 days it is! Thanks for the heads up. I'm quite nervous to take it...I'm very leary of medication and pretty much avoid anything that messes with my body. But as my bod isn't cooperating on it's own I guess it's time to get over that!

ETA: Went back and re-read and it WAS 5 days...I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part it was only 3 days lol!

Also, I just remembered I have a CBFM. I truly have been in lala land. What is the latest CD I can start that? I'm CD2 right now, but don't have any strips and don't want to wait another 50 days to start using it.

Allie you can start your cbfm anytime before CD 5. I start mine on CD5. If you need advice on how to set it let me know. I think I did 120 mgs of soy from CD 3-7. I didn't have any side effects. I think it will be fine for you. I hope it does the trick for you!

Birth control side effects are actually in full swing already! Angry, depressed, and anxious. My anxious tics have actually come back for the first time in many weeks. I'm a little miserable. I want to be happy, and I'm physically unable to be! Frustrating!

Allie - I loved Soy and I miss it! The only "side effects" will likely be the sensations in your ovaries. If you experience it, you'll know what I mean! :hugs:

Ugh Megg I'm so sorry! Just keep your eyes on the prize!

I never realized that bc pills caused anxiety until a friend told me. I've always had a bit of anxiety. I was on the pill for 17 years and now wonder if it contributed to my anxiety.

How long do you have to be on this wretched drug?

Thanks girls! I'll get back to you on the CBFM once I get some strips. Hopefully by CD5...

What do you mean by anxious tics Megg? Sorry you're feeling crap!

Allie if you don't get strips by cd5 don't worry. Knowing I have long cycles I didn't bother setting it until cd9. The monitor thought it was cd 5.

Or you could set it on cd 5. Since it is your first time using it, it will ask you for a stick on cd 6. If you don't have any you can just ignore it for the day. You can ignore it until you are ready to feed it. Does that make sense?

Good Morning!

Hearty excellent news!!!! I like your FS! When i told my doc what they told you about surrogates in your first apointment he almost had a fit!

Im feeling a bit left out lately... I guess its my hormones lol!

Hey girls!

Love all the ring pictures! I decided to post mine too:) My engagement ring is just a cluster of little diamonds in a flower shape. I love it because from far away it looks like a big one, but because there are so many, they sparkle like crazy. Plus, it totally cut down on the cost! These kinds of rings (engagement + wedding, with diamonds) are unheard of in Norway and everyone just gets a metal band. But, sorry, I'm American and I want me some diamonds :)

I've been swamped at work lately! I had a few little breaks yesterday and both times I actually got "caught" looking at this website, which was a little embarrassing actually. One of my colleagues saw the baby and bump logo thingy and asked, oooh, er du gravid?? (are you pregnant?). Obviously no one at work knows about us TTC or the MC so it was a little awkward, so I just exclaimed No! Hope he forgets about it.

You girls sure are chatty!!
Megg-awesome news about the IVF plans. I can't imagine how excited you are, but man that sounds like a shit-load of pills and shots and stuff. Good luck! Can't wait to hear about the jouney!

Hearty - your FS sounds great! I am so glad you went in for a second (or was it third?) opinion with someone who really seems to be on your side through this. It made me smile :)

Cesca - I'm so excited for you :)

Lucy - hope you're OK today and I'm so proud of you for staying optimistic through this!

hoping - hi, nice to meet you! Thanks for joining :) I sure wish you could get some answers soon!

CJ - I'm sorry you're feeling down. You've been through a lot! I'm glad you started a journal (I'm gonna go take a gander soon) because a lot of the girls find a lot of comfort in writing down their feelings. Plus they're fun to stalk....

Minnie-take the advice from the other girls - you're pregnant and your lines are getting darker, so just try not to worry until you have to. I know that's easier said than done because women in our situations will do nothing but worry...

Sassy - yay for strong numbers and morning sickness! You're on your way :)

Hi to everyone else! This group sure is diverse!

On a sad note, two of my friends just went through some serious stuff this week. One just lost both of her one-week-old twins yesterday who we born at 25 weeks. They had twin-twin syndrome where one of them was stealing amniotic fluid from the other. Such a sad story - they are such wonderful people.

Another friend lost her one year old after an accident at daycare! I don't know what happened exactly, but I have been losing sleep over this one. I talked to one of our mutual friends who went to the funeral yesterday and she said they are really holding up, but we think they're just in shock.

These stories really put some perspective on my troubles and made me realize even more just how much of a miracle a healthy child really is.

Attachments

• amyring.jpg
    amyring.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 7
Morning all! Wow you were all chatty again last night, didnt get a chance to come on here as DH had the laptop again fiddling with his phone :wacko:

Yogi - That places looks lovely and what a wonderful setting as well, really hope you enjoy your break and that the party doesnt get to wild for you LOL :)

Lucy - Steve sounds like such an angel :flower: Glad you are finding things to keep you busy, i tend to get lost in my books when i feel stressed. Helps to take my mind of whats happening in the real world for a few hours :hugs:

CJSG - Good luck with your appointments in the comming weeks, i am sure it will help you both. Sorry you are feeling low but the journal will help to get it out in the open a bit. Will read it on my break xxx

Megg - All seems very backward but if it means you get that :bfp: and :baby: then who i we to disagree? Have to say though Wow those drugs are a lot of money! Really pisses me off how much drug companies charge for pills that cost pennies to make . . . Thank god for the NHS!

Cesca - Oh those pictures are lovely did bring a little tear to my eye because of how wonderful they are. Sappy or what LOL.

Heart - So happy for you that you got some good news from the FS and now have a battle plan. Will be sending lots of :dust: your way when you send in the troops xxx Also love the rings they are so unusual and elegant :flower:

Preginnorge - OMG how awful for your friends! I cant imagine what they must be going through. Will be sending love and healing thoughts there way today.

AFM - Well i was in a foul mood all afternoon and just really fed up so we treated ourselves to a Mcdonalds last night. Think that was a bad idea as i felt awfull this morning and dry heaved in the bushes walking the dogs, luckily there was no one round to see me! Then Ela rolled in something awful on the walk so when we got back she made the whole house stink. Did nothing to help settle my tummy cleaning her neck i can tell you. My temps had a small 0.05 rise and are now at 37.05 the highest all month :happydance:

Hi all

Congrats cesca!! thats an actual baby, i can see it! (him??)

if we shake you megg, will you rattle? i bet youre rattling just looking at it all. jump up and down and lets hear you shake. Post the pic, lets have a look at your personal pharmaceutical collection. Hearing that they put you in menopause does sound scary. I think id be nervous about the drugs and what they do, let alone having to inject myself. My husband faints at the sight of a needle too so he'd be useless. The diamond is 1 carat and the smoky quartz is 4 carats i think. Brazil was amazing to buy stones. I dont mean pebbles, i can get them in Blackpool

Hope the anxiety is controllable - its a means to an end, it will get you where you want to be. I dont understand why the journey has to be so damned hard

will have a look at your journal when i have some time next week cj - got my mum staying with me tonight so i wont have time over the weekend. Hope youre ok

wow hearty, what a find she is! what a bloody relief to hear youre above average on follicle count and nowhere near menopause - thats amazing news, espec given your family history

The rest of the news is even better, she sounds like she has actual answers. Frustrating to wait it out for a month, but if its late ov thats causing the mc, then next month you have a real real chance. Its really good to hear that the tissue isnt as likely a cause of mc. If it isnt, then the ov coming forward is what you need - that will hopefully help with the genetic issue? if the eggs are too late in the cycle would that potentially increase genetic problem probability? Even if its the tissue, its not a given the pregnancy will mc is it?

why dont they always use letrozole instead of clomid then? it sounds much better, i assume its maybe not as powerful though?

Raz you are so classy. Do you have a chart i can stalk

hoping, unless they are busy with life and death situations, you should take priority i say.

Norge - so sorry to hear about your friends, how utterly devastating and tragic.

I am loving your rings, gorgeous

Nato - My classyness knows no bounds - Pooping at work and ASDA and retching in the bushes!!! :rofl: my chart is below:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24b762

Also have a journal:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/431459-so-seemed-my-parents-lied.html

So lots to stalk :)

Lucy - I really hope it's good news at your scan I will keep everything crossed for a miracle. I'm so glad they are re-scanning you.xxx

Cesca - YAY your bubba is sooo cute, so happy it all went well. I hope you can start to relax a little now.

Hope everyones ok.xxxx

Thanks sassy, how are you?

Hearty I am pleased that your FS was lovely and helpful and that you have a plan which is fantastic news.

Hoping I am so sorry you havent had your results yet that sucks hope you dont have to wait to much longer for them.

Megg I'm sorry to hear the pills are making you feel down but I am so pleased that you are starting on the journey to get your BFP. That is one massive list of pills etc.

Raz I think I'm going to try and lose myself in a book.

Amy I am so sorry to hear about your friends that is so sad and tragic I hope they can come through this difficult time together. Love your ring.

Minnie how are you?

Allie and Yogi how you both feeling? Hope the witch isn't being to much of a bitch to you both.

Cazza how are you feeling?

I'm ok thank you Lucy, how you holding up??xx

Amanda - I'm so pleased your new FS seems alot more helpful, your post sounded so positive and you seem alot happier, exciting times ahead and 3-4 months is nothing is it really.xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->