Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Up and down to be honest can't seem to focus on anything. I feel a bit numb like I dont even know how to feel clinging onto the hope that everything will be ok but trying to prepare myself for the worst. Last night I kept dreaming about my baby I was holding our little one in my arms and we were so happy then I woke up and realised it might never happen :cry:

Aww Luce your dream will come true very soon babes....Please try and hold on to hope...
I wish i was there to hold your hand through this...

Ugh Megg I'm so sorry! Just keep your eyes on the prize!

I never realized that bc pills caused anxiety until a friend told me. I've always had a bit of anxiety. I was on the pill for 17 years and now wonder if it contributed to my anxiety.

How long do you have to be on this wretched drug?

It very well could have contributed! I hate it! But I do feel a bit lucky to KNOW that its caused by the pill and not to worry that something else is going on!

I should only be on it for a week or so... I think only a week.

Thanks girls! I'll get back to you on the CBFM once I get some strips. Hopefully by CD5...

What do you mean by anxious tics Megg? Sorry you're feeling crap!

Uhm... Anxious tics... Its sort of hard to describe. One is a bit of a forced shiver... I don't have a better way to describe it. The other is like the tail end of a sigh... just the part where you breath in the back of your throat. I don't think most people would notice them, but I notice them a lot... obviously! They drive me crazy! Its better today than it was last night, but only because I haven't taken today's pill yet.

Hey girls!

Love all the ring pictures! I decided to post mine too:) My engagement ring is just a cluster of little diamonds in a flower shape. I love it because from far away it looks like a big one, but because there are so many, they sparkle like crazy. Plus, it totally cut down on the cost! These kinds of rings (engagement + wedding, with diamonds) are unheard of in Norway and everyone just gets a metal band. But, sorry, I'm American and I want me some diamonds :)

I've been swamped at work lately! I had a few little breaks yesterday and both times I actually got "caught" looking at this website, which was a little embarrassing actually. One of my colleagues saw the baby and bump logo thingy and asked, oooh, er du gravid?? (are you pregnant?). Obviously no one at work knows about us TTC or the MC so it was a little awkward, so I just exclaimed No! Hope he forgets about it.

You girls sure are chatty!!
Megg-awesome news about the IVF plans. I can't imagine how excited you are, but man that sounds like a shit-load of pills and shots and stuff. Good luck! Can't wait to hear about the jouney!

Hearty - your FS sounds great! I am so glad you went in for a second (or was it third?) opinion with someone who really seems to be on your side through this. It made me smile :)

Cesca - I'm so excited for you :)

Lucy - hope you're OK today and I'm so proud of you for staying optimistic through this!

hoping - hi, nice to meet you! Thanks for joining :) I sure wish you could get some answers soon!

CJ - I'm sorry you're feeling down. You've been through a lot! I'm glad you started a journal (I'm gonna go take a gander soon) because a lot of the girls find a lot of comfort in writing down their feelings. Plus they're fun to stalk....

Minnie-take the advice from the other girls - you're pregnant and your lines are getting darker, so just try not to worry until you have to. I know that's easier said than done because women in our situations will do nothing but worry...

Sassy - yay for strong numbers and morning sickness! You're on your way :)

Hi to everyone else! This group sure is diverse!

On a sad note, two of my friends just went through some serious stuff this week. One just lost both of her one-week-old twins yesterday who we born at 25 weeks. They had twin-twin syndrome where one of them was stealing amniotic fluid from the other. Such a sad story - they are such wonderful people.

Another friend lost her one year old after an accident at daycare! I don't know what happened exactly, but I have been losing sleep over this one. I talked to one of our mutual friends who went to the funeral yesterday and she said they are really holding up, but we think they're just in shock.

These stories really put some perspective on my troubles and made me realize even more just how much of a miracle a healthy child really is.

Your ring is gorgeous! :thumbup: OMG @ your friends though! I'm shocked and horrified! Those poor people! My thoughts are with you and the families of those kids! :cry:

Hi all

Congrats cesca!! thats an actual baby, i can see it! (him??)

if we shake you megg, will you rattle? i bet youre rattling just looking at it all. jump up and down and lets hear you shake. Post the pic, lets have a look at your personal pharmaceutical collection. Hearing that they put you in menopause does sound scary. I think id be nervous about the drugs and what they do, let alone having to inject myself. My husband faints at the sight of a needle too so he'd be useless. The diamond is 1 carat and the smoky quartz is 4 carats i think. Brazil was amazing to buy stones. I dont mean pebbles, i can get them in Blackpool

Hope the anxiety is controllable - its a means to an end, it will get you where you want to be. I dont understand why the journey has to be so damned hard

will have a look at your journal when i have some time next week cj - got my mum staying with me tonight so i wont have time over the weekend. Hope youre ok

wow hearty, what a find she is! what a bloody relief to hear youre above average on follicle count and nowhere near menopause - thats amazing news, espec given your family history

The rest of the news is even better, she sounds like she has actual answers. Frustrating to wait it out for a month, but if its late ov thats causing the mc, then next month you have a real real chance. Its really good to hear that the tissue isnt as likely a cause of mc. If it isnt, then the ov coming forward is what you need - that will hopefully help with the genetic issue? if the eggs are too late in the cycle would that potentially increase genetic problem probability? Even if its the tissue, its not a given the pregnancy will mc is it?

why dont they always use letrozole instead of clomid then? it sounds much better, i assume its maybe not as powerful though?

Raz you are so classy. Do you have a chart i can stalk

hoping, unless they are busy with life and death situations, you should take priority i say.

Norge - so sorry to hear about your friends, how utterly devastating and tragic.

I am loving your rings, gorgeous

Unfortunately, most of those drugs are going through needles... So, I'd be more likely to slosh than rattle! LOL The only pills I'm currently taking are BCP, baby aspirin, Vit D, iron, and prenatal. I'll post the pic as soon as my drugs show up at the door!

Up and down to be honest can't seem to focus on anything. I feel a bit numb like I dont even know how to feel clinging onto the hope that everything will be ok but trying to prepare myself for the worst. Last night I kept dreaming about my baby I was holding our little one in my arms and we were so happy then I woke up and realised it might never happen :cry:

That dream will be a reality soon, honey! I really hope that you get good news next week! :hugs:

Hi girls. I'm off to work, there has been so much to catch up on! :hug: to you all!

Hi everyone!

How sad am I being happy that I've managed to upload a pic (albeit a bit too boobie maybe?!) I will try and find something a bit more appropriate!

Lucy - sweetie, I so know how you are feeling, I have had some agonising waits between scans when dates are out.... it's like being in a state of inertia, you literally don't know how to feel or what to do... remember one breath/minute at a time and you will get through it.

Hoping - so sorry you are having to wait for your results, fingers crossed they will be fab tomorrow.

Loving all your jewellery, and super jealous, no engagement ring for me as yet, though I have bought myself some lovely bits so not all bad.

So I am having another blood test on Monday (the Dr wanted to wait longer than 72 hours) though gawd knows why as he doesn't even know what he's interpreting, so should have them Tuesday. I've decided for the sake of the weekend (and my mental health! ha) to go along with my own advice, which is to live in the present, so this second I am pregnant and that should be all, that's enough for now. I just want to enjoy the moment if only for a very brief time, I sometimes think I have become my grief and pain and I know I can do a lot better than that!

Just watched the blind side - oh my what an amazingly inspirational story, and sandra bullock who I usually find a bit annoying, was brilliant - definitely deserved that oscar - definitely didn't deserve that toe-rag of a hubby!

Good morning girls.....it's Friday!!!!! woohoo!!!

Amy - that is so sad about your friends!

Lucy - hang in there sweetie

Hoping - I hope you get great news today!

Aww Luce your dream will come true very soon babes....Please try and hold on to hope...
I wish i was there to hold your hand through this...

Thank you your so sweet wish you could be here to but knowing I can turn to you all for support is really helping me.

That dream will be a reality soon, honey! I really hope that you get good news next week!

I really hope so too.

Lucy - sweetie, I so know how you are feeling, I have had some agonising waits between scans when dates are out.... it's like being in a state of inertia, you literally don't know how to feel or what to do... remember one breath/minute at a time and you will get through it.

Yeah thats good advice I'm going to try and do that. I really hope you get good news from your blood tests on monday.

Mel I'm hanging in just, thank goodness I've got all you lovely ladies to help get me through this.

twit twoo i see you mone!! and what wonderful orbs they are too

Yes you are pregnant, and i know that whats happened in the past will be all too present, but those numbers are doubling right now, as i type, i can hear them clocking up if i put my ear to the computer, like a hcg seashell if you will.

Luce, youre being so brave - i think numb is preferable to thinking uncontrollably, its a good way to get you through the next week, which you have no option but to wait through - its such a cruel thing to have to do, but so so necessary.

Hi sassy, hows the immaculately conceived bean today? and wheres cazza and her matching bean?

i bet cescas jumping baby shaped bean is doing well today too.

Hi Vic and Jaymes and the Giant Beans - how are both of you? and Mel's boybean?

sandra bullock who I usually find a bit annoying, was brilliant - definitely deserved that oscar - definitely didn't deserve that toe-rag of a hubby!

i think Sandra Bullock actually looks like a real bullock, shes all baby cow eyed and nostrilly.

that jesse one wants a stern talking to though, what sort of an arse cheats while an adoption is going through.

Hey everyone, still loving all the ring pictures and new avatars!

...maybe I'll upload an actual pic of myself too!

Hearty your appt sounds like it went really well and that you are in good hands!!

CJ sorry you're feeling down I hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

Lucy hope you're doing ok, go find a good book to lose yourself in that sounds like a good plan.

Allie good luck with the soy! Is it in a capsule form? I don't know if we have it in Canada, I've never seen it...but I've also never looked for it...

Norge that is awful news about your friends, how devestating! Hope you start sleeping better soon.

Also, I am 'hoping' that hoping gets some good news today!!

Haha Nato, Jesus is doing just fine thank you, making Mummy nearly chuck her guts up in the middle of Tesco but hey ho!xxxx

Yes where is Cazza? Proberly on the loo POAS knowing her :rofl:

Sorry Lucy what day is your scan next week?? I hope it comes quick for you.xxx

Nato - boybean is doing good, but is hungry now, so even though it's only 10 am, chips it is!!!! :)

Mel typical boy wanting chips!! Enjoy.xxxx

Hang on do you mean chips as in fries or crisps? our word for your chips I think!!!xx

Scan is next thursday at 8:30am so at least we dont have to wait around all day.

Sassy you will have to carry around a bucket with you were ever you go now.

Yay not tooo long, I wish it was sooner as I know exactly what your going through, I just hope it's a happy ending, there's always a chance you got your dates a little mixed up.xxx

Haha can you imagine, I need to find a way to stop actually throwing up! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->