Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Sass Congrats on the twins :happydance:

Megg, I am glad you feel better.. After reading your fb status I was like holy cow lol

Amanda, I will be reading up on what you are diagnosed with as well.

CJ. I think there is a possibility you ovd the day before otherwise ff is right.

Thanks sassy and mel I hope we get our miracle as well. Mel for some reason they dont check hcg levels this way asked my dr and she said they only really do it if they are concerened it might me etopic I've never had them checked in any of the pregnancies not even with the suespected miscarriage did they bother checking my levels. Might ask them on thursday about it.

Lucy I think what you are feeling is totally normal. Going to a scan like the one you have on Thursday can feel like going to the guillotine. I've certainly been there. It is a very scary feeling even when there is some hope to cling to. I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I'm giving a special talk to the angels for you today, tomorrow and Thursday.

Thanks sassy and mel I hope we get our miracle as well. Mel for some reason they dont check hcg levels this way asked my dr and she said they only really do it if they are concerened it might me etopic I've never had them checked in any of the pregnancies not even with the suespected miscarriage did they bother checking my levels. Might ask them on thursday about it.

I think that's terrible Lucy, not only can your levels rule out Eptopic but they can also say alot about healthy pregnancies and M/C's, I thought it was standard practice for any hospital to run bloods with anyone with suspected M/C! Hopefully it won't matter as all will be ok on Thursday.xxxxx

I agree with what Sassy said...I thought it was standard that they take blood tests to check that kind of thing?! That's one of the first things they do here when they confirm a pregnancy, and then if they think there is any complications, they continue with the blood tests. I also have to pee in a cup at every appointment for them to run an analysis on that as well.

Thursday is scary for sure, but I will be there in spirit holding your hand! What time is your appt at? I am thinking of you!!! :hugs:

Like Lucy, I never had bloods done. The only time they did bloods was after my D&C's to check the levels going down. I don't think it is always common practice.

that is crappy Hearty. I totally think it should be standard practice. It's amazing though how many people don't even know what HCG is. When I was having mine tested in July, and I was telling my mom and others the numbers, everyone was like so what does that mean?! Even my mom had no clue. It would be nice if there was a standard practice though that ensured everyone was treated the same everywhere.

Only had bloods here when they were worried it was ectopic on the 1st MC, never had them taken since. Its the standard here in the uk i think . . .

I completely agree with you Mel. Although as we know, it caused more stress for Vicky. But for me, it would be helpful I think.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: TWINS!!!!! OMG!!!! I shed a tear then!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

LOL @ Amanda - what you said about Sass and Danny! LOL.

Lucy I am hoping for you too this week hunni! I am also very surprised you have never had bloods. I have always had them done. I would be saying something about that cause they should have been checking if your levels were still going up!! Thursday will be here soon hun and then you can deal with it head on. :hug:

Megg, I'm glad your feeling better. xx

AFM symptoms pretty much the same...but last night I was so tired but had insomnia! Drove me nuts. When I did sleep I dreamt loads and some rather horny dreams AGAIN! But my sleep felt restless. I am starting to get butterflies about my appointment cause its a week today.... I just dont know what to expect, well I do and dont.

One final :dance: for Sass!! Cant wait to hear the developments.

Guys HCG's are not common practice unless you have IVF or recurrent mc. The only reason i had them done was that i wanted to be sure and not waste time POAS. My doc was very upset that i did that as (and so was the case) more often than not they cause unesesary stress.

Hey everyone! Congrats again Sassy, so happy for you and your little miracles!

CJ looks like you're in the 2ww and your symptoms sound good!! FX for you! Oct will be a lucky month, I can feel it!

Allie we are on same CD today! Good luck with your CBFM, soy, vitamins etc.!! You are armed and ready! I'm waiting a couple more days before peeing on my OPK's.

Lucy, hang in there, we will be there with you in spirit on Thursday! :hugs:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lucy I think what you are feeling is totally normal. Going to a scan like the one you have on Thursday can feel like going to the guillotine. I've certainly been there. It is a very scary feeling even when there is some hope to cling to. I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I'm giving a special talk to the angels for you today, tomorrow and Thursday

Thank you hearty means a lot to me my pregnancy symptoms are disapperaing I think though so I feel like hope is failing me but trying to hold on to some.

Thursday is scary for sure, but I will be there in spirit holding your hand! What time is your appt at? I am thinking of you!!!

Aww you are so lovely I could do with that hand holding my appointment is 8:30am so at least its early and we dont have to hang around all day waiting I'm hoping I will go straight in.

I think that's terrible Lucy, not only can your levels rule out Eptopic but they can also say alot about healthy pregnancies and M/C's, I thought it was standard practice for any hospital to run bloods with anyone with suspected M/C! Hopefully it won't matter as all will be ok on Thursday.xxxxx

It all seems to depend on what part of the country you are in as to what they do I agree with what mel said that there should be standard practice across everywhere so they all follow the same procedure. Thank you for your support.

Lucy I am hoping for you too this week hunni! I am also very surprised you have never had bloods. I have always had them done. I would be saying something about that cause they should have been checking if your levels were still going up!! Thursday will be here soon hun and then you can deal with it head on.

Thank you :hugs:

:hugs:

bloody hell Sassy!!!

Thats the most amazing, incredible, wonderful but hilarious news in the history of news

:headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:

massive massive almighty congrats!!

wheres cazza, seeing as you 2 are on the same gig i wanna know what she's cooking up now

Luce, this truly is the week for miracles, i sincerely hope that you get your miracle. I'm saying 'grow, grow' under my breath to your little one.

Vicky - I think it seems to be more standard in Canada then anywhere else. Especially Alberta. It's one of the first things they do, just whether you actually ask what your numbers are or not are another thing.

Luce - I will still be sleeping, but I will be thinking of you while I do!

Guys HCG's are not common practice unless you have IVF or recurrent mc. The only reason i had them done was that i wanted to be sure and not waste time POAS. My doc was very upset that i did that as (and so was the case) more often than not they cause unesesary stress.

WSS.

If I hadn't have been on this forum I would not have known about them as my doctor and the hospital have never once used the term HCG with me!

Vicky - I think it seems to be more standard in Canada then anywhere else. Especially Alberta. It's one of the first things they do, just whether you actually ask what your numbers are or not are another thing.

Luce - I will still be sleeping, but I will be thinking of you while I do!

It's the same here in BC...probably all over Canada. As soon as I went to the doctor after my positive HPT they did a million blood tests, one of which is for HCG levels. If they are concerned with the initial levels they will test again otherwise they won't unless problems arise.

yeah I am guessing it's all over Canada too. They send you for so much blood tests....they test you for Aids and everything, as well as your blood type so they know if you need the RH injections or not as well.

bloody hell Sassy!!!

Thats the most amazing, incredible, wonderful but hilarious news in the history of news

:headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:

massive massive almighty congrats!!

wheres cazza, seeing as you 2 are on the same gig i wanna know what she's cooking up now

Luce, this truly is the week for miracles, i sincerely hope that you get your miracle. I'm saying 'grow, grow' under my breath to your little one.

It just had to be twins to end the crazy embarressing story right :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->