Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Dawny, someone has the code but I can't remember who? Or can I get the code from my siggy? I'll check after this.

Mone, what a shite day. I'm so sorry. :hugs: At least you're doing what's best for your bean!

Megg, that really sucks but as Hearty explained it you may not even have a clotting disorder. FX you don't. Hurray for the all clear for pregnancy! :)

Hearty, that was a really cute joke! :) Thanks for making me smile.

Vicky, I meant to say good job for resisting the urge to scan! 2 weeks will fly by! :hugs:

Hi Yogi, Sass, and everyone. :wave: Hope you had a good day.

I made an appointment with an endocrinologist for Monday. I was looking up thyroid stuff and even though my TSH is 'normal' at 3.1, as some of you pointed out it's not ideal and even though my primary doc doesn't think it needs treatment I'm going to see what an endo says. She also may help me with this prolactin madness! I know I'm seeing an OBGYN next month but I figure I have a few days off of work so I may as well be proactive and see every doc under the sun.

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/4664963086_15b9ccb3dc.jpg

<[url]https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/4664963086_15b9ccb3dc.jpg[/url] <

(without the < before the [/img]s )

Allie, I'm so proud of you for being proactive. I think it is a really good idea to take a look at the thyroid issue and prolactin. I want you to get your bean and I don't want you to have to deal with any obstacles. If a simple thyroid med can help your cycle and help you get pregnant sooner, then it is worth it in my mind. You go woman!

By the way, cute avatar. Did you change your hair color??? I thought you were blond.

Vicky - i'm so proud of you for waiting for your next scan!! Alex is right, you will drive yourself crazy for the next 20 weeks if you keep worrying. Very proud of you!!! :hugs:

Hi to the rest of the girls.....I read everything earlier, but don't really remember anything I read (sorry). Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for another weekend :)

Wait Meggles...you need to be positive for homogeneous MTHFR to have a clotting disorder. 50% of the population are positive heterozygous MTHFR, me included. If you are heterozygous MTHFR AND you have a high homocysteine level, then you may have a clotting disorder. My homocysteine was normal so I was told I didn't have a clotting disorder. As a precaution, they advised me to take extra folic acid. I'm also taking baby aspirin because I did actually have a blood clot in my first pregnancy.

I noticed you are already taking a baby aspirin. I think you are fine. Congrats on getting the all clear!!!

Ohhhh! Thank you!!! :flower: Hmmm.... I'm looking to see now if my homocysteine levels have ever been checked. I don't know that they have. Would the test literally say "homocysteine" or am I looking for another word?

Dawny, someone has the code but I can't remember who? Or can I get the code from my siggy? I'll check after this.

Mone, what a shite day. I'm so sorry. :hugs: At least you're doing what's best for your bean!

Megg, that really sucks but as Hearty explained it you may not even have a clotting disorder. FX you don't. Hurray for the all clear for pregnancy! :)

Hearty, that was a really cute joke! :) Thanks for making me smile.

Vicky, I meant to say good job for resisting the urge to scan! 2 weeks will fly by! :hugs:

Hi Yogi, Sass, and everyone. :wave: Hope you had a good day.

I made an appointment with an endocrinologist for Monday. I was looking up thyroid stuff and even though my TSH is 'normal' at 3.1, as some of you pointed out it's not ideal and even though my primary doc doesn't think it needs treatment I'm going to see what an endo says. She also may help me with this prolactin madness! I know I'm seeing an OBGYN next month but I figure I have a few days off of work so I may as well be proactive and see every doc under the sun.

That's a good idea! :thumbup: Better to cover your bases!

I think it is just called homocystiene. I'll look at my records. Give me two seconds…

My test was called homocysteine, plasma.

The normal value for my test was anything under 12 umol/L

Thanks guys! I hate taking medication, and as it's not overtly abnormal I tend to take a 'If it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude....but I would hate another miscarriage due to my inability to accept medication.

I meant to ask, to those of you who have taken soy, did it gave you spots? I have a pimple today and I never get them. I'm wondering if I can attribute it to the soy....

Oh, and hearty, I am blonde but I dye my hair ALOT...this was taken over a year ago when I was a brunette. I just wanted a cuddle picture. :)

Hi Mel! Welcome back. How did the dentist go? Do you have any weekend plans?

I don't remember Allie. I think is possible due to the fluctuation in your hormones. Oh god I hope that doesn't happen when I take the letrozole.

I don't like taking mess either. I rarely take anything. I dont even drink caffeine. But if it is for a forever baby then I'm willing to make an exception. Glad you are too.

Thanks Allie! Dentist went good, but Gord has a sore mouth. He is a trooper though and went to work after we got home (I didn't though, lol). We have to go back in 2 weeks again for some more work, and then he will be as good as new. I'm happy his tooth was pulled though so he isn't in that much pain anymore! Hated seeing him like that.

No plans for the weekend...cleaning and relaxing. There is a fall supper on Saturday put on by the church that we have tickets for, but if Gord isn't feeling up to it, we won't be going.

Any plans for you?

I don't drink caffeine either, hearty! It gives me heart palpitations.

That sounds like a nice weekend, Mel. I don't have any plans yet...I'm hoping to talk Alex into going to Minneapolis for a night or something but he's more of a homebody than I am and is happy to stick around our small town.

My test was called homocysteine, plasma.

The normal value for my test was anything under 12 umol/L

I checked through everything and its never been looked at. So, I'm going to try and get him to request it tomorrow. If not, I'll call my GP and I know she'll do the test. She's great about doing whatever I ask! :thumbup: Thanks so much for the info. It really made me feel better that it might not be a problem at all!!! :hugs:

Thanks guys! I hate taking medication, and as it's not overtly abnormal I tend to take a 'If it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude....but I would hate another miscarriage due to my inability to accept medication.

I meant to ask, to those of you who have taken soy, did it gave you spots? I have a pimple today and I never get them. I'm wondering if I can attribute it to the soy....

Oh, and hearty, I am blonde but I dye my hair ALOT...this was taken over a year ago when I was a brunette. I just wanted a cuddle picture. :)

I don't remember getting spots with Soy... but I'd say its just how your hormones are being effected by it! :hugs: My better cycles do tend to come with the occasional spot, but its been both with and without Soy equally I think.

Thanks Allie! Dentist went good, but Gord has a sore mouth. He is a trooper though and went to work after we got home (I didn't though, lol). We have to go back in 2 weeks again for some more work, and then he will be as good as new. I'm happy his tooth was pulled though so he isn't in that much pain anymore! Hated seeing him like that.

No plans for the weekend...cleaning and relaxing. There is a fall supper on Saturday put on by the church that we have tickets for, but if Gord isn't feeling up to it, we won't be going.

Any plans for you?

Aww... Sounds like a good, relaxing weekend! :hugs: Enjoy!!!

AFM... I'm out of town all weekend... but that doesn't mean offline. However, I'll probably only be online in the evening... late evenings! So, don't worry about me if I go AWOL all day Sat and Sun and only appear at night! LOL

I'm 3dpo

<proudface>

Will catch up properly later, I popped in to see if Lucy had posted

Have a good day y'all x

Morning all!

Hearty thanks for having a word with the angels for me...Hope they can forgive this unbeliever and lend a hand anyway....
I think its great that your mom is taking this big step, im sure from now on it will be easier for her to move forward.

Megg dont worry about the MTHFR, its very common to be heterozygous. My doc doesnt even think being homozygous is an issue lol!

Minnie, sounds so scary the whole IV thing....I so hope everything is ok this time....Hearty please speak to the angels for Minnie, you can use my wish as well...

Nato step away from the sticks....I see ya....

I dont remember the posts i read, sorry girls!
Last night i had my dads famous bean soup, something like minestrone but without the pasta. Its very delish but has nasty side effects of really smelly gas lol!!!! Even my dog was avoiding me! Alex slept on the couch is all im gonna say!!!

So today is Friday, im really tired from a week of straining to feel beba....I wanna have a nice relaxing weekend for fucks sake! Im having my 7 best friends from school over for dinner on Saturday since Alex will be away for the weekend. I will take pictures and share with you lovely ladies! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Ha! Loving the toxic gas!!

I am so glad it's Friday, this week has gone so slow and my manager at work has been a bit...well...difficult to deal with this week. One minute she's so nice about my pregnancy and stuff, the next minute she comes and tells me to get back to my office if i'm on reception just talking to the girls whilst I'm down there going for a wee or something. I'm sick of feeling like I'm chained to my desk, I am so lonely up here!

Anyway what are everyone's plans for the weekend? It's my big sister's 30th birthday on Sunday!! So we're driving to my parents tomorrow (2nd weekend in a row of 6 hours round trips!) and having a nice meal at home then a sunday brunch with everyone. Hoping she'll have a good day!

Morning all!!

Cesca - Sounds like its been a long week cant believe your manager being such a bitch! :hugs:

Vicky - LOL at the gas!!! I once farted at night and woke my DH up because it smelt so bad LOL :rofl: hope you have a lovely weekend and get waited on hand a foot xxx

Nato - Hazarr for 3DPO! I have a good feeling about this month for you xxx

:hugs: to all and sorry if i missed you, hope everyone has a speedy friday and a great weekend xx

AFM - HORAY ITS FRIDAY!!!! Its also the day AF is due but she is not going to show *nope*. Another darker line this morning and tomorrow i get to crack open the digi and see it in black and white :happydance: DH said today the reason he doesnt want to test until tomorrow is because he is scared of getting his hopes up again because some thing always seems to go wrong. Bless him i think i forget sometimes that he lost our babys too.

Felt rough this morning so the dogs didnt get there walk (i am such a bad mummy) its now settled to heartburn which will prob stay with me most the day now. My lower back is killing me more then normal today as well which i am taking as a good sign.

ETA - Look at me being brave and getting a ticker :happydance: i have decided to celebrate the fact that i have won a battle even though the war is still ongoing as we have to enjoy the small victories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->