Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Me too Allie, I've been throwing some shapes. I just had to sit down cos i got out of breath. I was going grime, London stylee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJsVDH-3b3Y&ob=av2n

Thats for the americans.

Sparkly, boo hiss at the hospital, whats he having done to his leg? Hope your timing matches up. I hate it when outside influences start interfering, espec when they involved poor oh being in pain.

yes yes, i'm already 41% pregnant. wooo watch me go

Love that you're becoming a FF geek, Nato! I used to be like that when I had a paid membership! Plus, add the MC charts in with the pregnancy charts, because there NO WAY that you can tell a MC vs a healthy pregnancy via temps... So, its shit they even include that stat!

AFM... Consultation went fine. Apparently each independent center has their own rules and guidelines that can be set to whatever the want, and I technically fall outside of the "approved" BMI of the patients they generally take (didn't tell me the cut off though)... So, they had to ensure that my airways were okay! :roll: Shockingly... I'm FINE! :shock: He was a dick too. "*explains why had to check* So, THAT is why we had to go to all this trouble. But, I suppose I'll approve you for treatment because everything seems okay." Yeah, I'm overweight but healthy? Oh no! The world has gone off kilter! :haha:

Hello chickas
nato- so you're 41% up the duff really?? when will the peeing on the sticks commence? huh? 'm glad you're into FF nowadays I can properly stalk your cycle now....the FF force will tell me when you're preggie.....

Mone - Your iv sounds horrid love...keep strong x

Meg - I'm so pleased with this new doc of yours (well today anyway!!....I still haven't forgotten about the polyp/iui situation) and I feel so positive about this ivf working for you.....there are problems there, and they are finding them and dealing with them.

I get my baby aspirin from home bargains...they're cheap too, if you have one near you then check it out. I also take extra folic acid...just in case really, I take pregnacare tabs which have it in......and then *ahem*....:blush: I take another 6x 800mcg....I rattle as I walk lol.......actually I'd better not give the full list of what I take in a day, I'm more vitamins, minerals and supplements than woman!

I'm having a shit day...was up and about mega early, as my DS had an operation booked on his leg today and we had to be at the hospital at 8am....cue the hospital calling at 7.30am to cancel until tomorrow :( and I'm feeling very hormonal, having ovary pains....I can't wait until I ovulate...it needs to wait until after the weekend though....as I am too busy, tired and grumpy to BD!!lol!

I need chocolate.........

I'm pleased too! :thumbup:

My surgery got put off by just 30 min just now... but at least they told me 3 days in advance and didn't change it by a full day!

Sassers, how the the twin beans today.

QUOTE]

Yolkies (Hubby's nickname) are doing fine thanks, have alot of stretching pain today so hoping they are making lots of room to stay put!
Only been sick 4 times today so feeling good! :happydance:

Yay at being 41% preggo, that's exciting shizzle.xxxx

Fuck I clearly don't know how to do that quote thing properly!! dumb ass.xxx

Have any of you ladies used soft cups before and had any success with them?

I got some ages ago, but haven't actually used them yet, but hey might as well try throwing them in to the ttc concoction this month!

Do you use them before BDing or after?

Nato, those are some fab statistics :thumbup:

Megg, pleased your consultation went well. :happydance:

Sparkly, tuck into that choccy!
x

Sassers, if you know how to edit, you could edit my quote so it makes some sort of sense. durr at me.

yolkies hahaha but bleugh at 4 times sick, its good, but its bad. Thats just confusing

would it matter what the bmi was megg? if they are going to treat you anyways, i suppose it doesnt matter really.

sugar, i got some softcups, i was going to use them this cycle, but they freak me out a bit. They are huge. I was just imagining putting one in would displace everything anyway, and husband has taken to shouting 'dont move' at me - he's getting very assertive over this whole ttc thing, im not allowed to move at all. I bought a mooncup to use during af, and that scares this shit of out me and i darent use that either

ps forgot to say - pmsl at 'shizzle'. we are not dumb ass, we are bad ass

Happy Friday ladies:happydance: I am so happy this week is almost over... I'm so drained from work, school and volunteering at the hospital. Tonight or tomorrow DH and I are going to play haunted miniature golf, carve pumpkins and set up for our halloween festivities:thumbup: We had pictures taken last weekend and just got them back today so I will up load some for your viewing pleasure:thumbup:

I caught up on the thread but forgot most of what I read already:dohh:
any way...

Dawny- I am so happy that af finally decided to show!

Megg- I have hetero MTHFR too and my doc put me on Lovenox injections for my last two pregnancies but obviously they didn't work so I don't think they are even necessary. Hopefully the FS will give us more insight.

Sugarlove- I tried soft cups for one cycle but they were a little daunting like Nato said. They are so big and it just made me worry that I was interfering with DH's sperm by obstructing and displacing them. I've heard that it is easier to just have the sperm directly deposited into the cup. Good luck:thumbup:

Nato- Yay for being 41%:happydance: FX for you!

Nato, sorry for tmi, but I've practiced with one and although they look ridiculously large, it slipped in a treat and can't feel it when it's in place.

Think the reason that I haven't used them yet, is prob for the same reason as you, in that if you you put it in after BDing, it might shove the spermies out. Having said that a lot of people on this fourm seem to swear by them.

I like that your hubby is so committed to the cause https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/good.gifMine would do well to remember the task in hand, rather than swilling 2 pints with the lads at lunchtime today https://s2.bbstatic.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

Nato its cute your DH is becoming more assertive with ttc. My DH is the same way... sometimes I make him lay next to me w/ his bum in the air so I don't feel so silly doing it on my own:haha:

Im scared i wont be able to remove it though - does it come out easily?

i know hearty uses the put-the-sperm-in-the-cup-and-then-inset-it trick sometimes.

husband very good you know, he's a bit slack with the occasional pub slip up though, but as we've been ttc for a year in total now, i cant really ask him not to drink

haha hoping, im gonna try that, how are you getting on?

Sparkly, boo hiss at the hospital, whats he having done to his leg? Hope your timing matches up. I hate it when outside influences start interfering, espec when they involved poor oh being in pain.

sorry I keep forgetting not every one knows what the craic is! My darling son hurt his leg when we were on hols in Spain in July....ravine jumping :dohh: As ya do when you're a mad at the world teenager!!! Despite being cleaned out and 3 lots of antibiotics later it still won't heal, and keeps spewing pus down his leg on a daily basis :sick: He finally had an ultrasound on Monday that revealed 3 large splinters of wood still in the wound, so he needs an op to remove them and clean it out and repair his leg......he missed the bone by 3mm!!!! He of course thinks he's the damn 'shizzle' and was only pissed off this morning when they cancelled as he had to go into college instead :dohh:

I use a mooncup nato...for my periods normally of course....but when we're ttc after dtd...my DH (is a bit like yours) says don't move!....gets me a pillow to put my butt on and I lie there for about 10 mins....or until I get bored...then I slip my mooncup in and go about my day......with no spillage :haha:

sugar - I haven't opened the choccie yet......it's staring at me though....but I'm having my lasagne first....ya know a little nod towards being healthy 'n' that!!

Megg - I hate the sort of dick docs that assume cos you're a fatty, then you're about to drop dead.....cocks! everytime I walk into my doctors surgery, they take my blood pressure (always perfect btw) and get me on the scales (maybe not so perfect - but hey ho!) It's so kind of them to allow your insurance company the pleasure of paying them a lot of money to treat you.....they're so kind and doing you such a friggin' favour........knobs!:haha:

You do have to practice with a mooncup nato....I don't know about the softcups. You have to break the suction before you pull out, you just slide a finger inside and press it away from the side of you vagii-gii

crikey sparkles, yes i was awol in July so didnt know. Your poor son!! I got mixed up and thought it was your oh, sorry bout that

so he's been in this state since July? that does need sorting out good and proper. hope it gets dealt with, he must be in a right state

this softcup / mooncup thing, i have read that all the capable sperm are in the uterus within 20 mins - hence youre told to lie flat for 20 mins. So that makes me think that keeping it all there for 12 hours afterwards might just be a waste of time - anyone know if the good sperm take longer to get there, or need a leg up like.

Nato- I kind of had a hard time pulling out the soft cups. It felt like it was suctioned on to my cervix... maybe I wasn't doing it right:shrug:

I'm getting on ok... I'm keeping myself super busy to help pass the time. My next ttc milestone is my appt with the FS on Nov 4th. I really hope they can help us

Edit:
Sparkly- that just sounds awful... I hope your son recovers soon

Just back from docs, my FUCKING staph infection is back! I caught it 13 months ago in Bali!

I am sick sick sick of boils in my armpits and spreading across my body (thought thankfully not this time) and constantly being on antibiotics and shitting myself that it'll harm any potential baby situation. I have been refered to a dermatologist again - I went in May but I hadn't had a recurrence for 5 months so he didn't bother testing me futher.

Gah. I have ice cream - that will help.

Also, three girls come into the doctors and start having this LOUD conversation because one was pregnant and couldn't decide whether to abort or not. Now i'm prochoice so that's not the issue - but why would you discuss this so loudly? Then she noticed I was reading 'what to expect when you're expecting' and they were like "oh hun it's a sign!!!". Then she went on to start blaming the doctors because they screwed up her pill (??!!) and she didn't take it for three weeks. Complete dickhead.

big hug to you hoping

4th Nov is pretty soon which is great - have you got specific questions you want answering?

lying on the sofa under a duvet catching up sorry I've not retained most of what I read but the two things that stuck in my head are :hi: to dawny and congratulations to raz.

Feeling a bit more with it but dont feel what has happened has sunk in yet it kind of hits me in waves if that makes sense :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->