Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

FFS - I had really bad pain quite low down last night, and it was agony in my stomach when I went to the loo, rang midwife this morning and they think it's a water infection.

ARGH!!!!! Why can't everything go smoothly?

I haven't had a water infection for years, I mean YEARS!!

Morning all!

liked last nights discussion about vibrating thermometers!! I wouldnt mind one of those myself lol!

Nato although your thinking regarding the triphasic temp and when you ovulated makes sence, cant your bfn be due to not enough hcg in your urine yet? Give it a few more days luv!

Hearty my scan is on Tuesday 02/10 at 1.30 pm. Enough said as you have guessed i am a constant bundle of nerves!
When i was studying in England i always hated saying goodbye to my mom...The first years were awful, so much crying that she stopped taking me to the airport!!

Cesca sorry to hear about the infection...Is a water infection like a UTI? never heard of this before....

Yeah sorry I did mean a UTI. Just spoke to the doctor who was lovely and she's leaving me a prescription for antibiotics at the reception and I need to drop off a urine sample and they'll know by tuesday if they need to move me to a more serious antibiotic. She also said i'll get thrush after because of the antibiotic so she's left me a prescription for that. Hoorah!

I'm just sick of antibiotics though, I was due to finish my ones for my staph infection today!

Shit Cesca.... My best friend gets UTIs all the time and it looks really painful. Apparently she gets them so often cause she doesnt drink enough water or go to the loo regularily. Shes like a camel, she can hold it for hours! Make sure you get the right antibiotics, she always has this test done that shows which antibiotics to take.

They're putting me on amoxcillin or whatever just because I'm pregnant and it's friday so they won't get any test results back until next week and she doesn't want it to worsen over the weekend.

I had a really upset stomach in the week and was constantly having to go to the loo for a bowel movement so I think that's how i've picked up the bacteria. Ick. Gross.

I always drink loads (i'm one of those people always thirsty!) but i'm gonna go get some cranberry in a minute!

Cranberry is excellent and will help avoid potential thrush from antibiotics. Also eat loads of yogurt.

Hello Everyone!!!

We're back from our interviews and things just got even more confusing, but I'm glad we got to see what our options are at least! I'm pretty sure we'll get offers there, but I don't think it's the right fit for me at the moment. I am having a meeting with my boss next week to see what we can do - there's a chance I can work from my company's office down in Oslo and keep my projects here as long as I travel back here a few times a month. Then we wouldn't have to live apart as much and I could continue on this career path....I sure hope it works out!

This forum moves at lightening speed!
Nato - I am not into the whole charting BBT stuff, but a quick glance at your chart leads me to think you're most definitely 80% pregnant now :) Keeping POASing, girl!

Amanda - I hate saying goodbye to my mom too - It's tough living away from them, isn't it? I'm glad you got a good visit in with her and hope you can see her again soon. Sorry your cycles are all wacky (well wacky, but regular!). What is the next step with your FS again? Next month you're going to try something to help with speeding up your ovulation?

Vicky - can't wait for the US on Tuesday! Then will you put up a ticker? ;)

Sugar and Allie - hope you get those high readings ASAP! Sorry about your test, Allie...can you retake it?

Yogi - glad you didn't waste a test on 2 DPO :) I'm excited to join you in the TWW!

CJ - I wish the ho bag would just leave already!

Cesca - UTIs are the worst! When I first moved to Norway I seemed to get them all the time for awhile, but after a heavy dose of antibiotics I haven't had one in almost two years now. I still take a cranberry pill everyday though, just to be safe. Those things are painful! Good luck!

Raz - WTF is going on with your insensitive doctor? I'm sorry you had to sit there and listen to all that. I hope your next visit is better!

Lucy - sorry about that terrible dream. I hope you're doing ok.

Just for fun I used a ov test today on CD14 and got a smiley face, so this is now three months where I've tested only once on this day and gotten a smiley, so I guess I am pretty regular. We have been trying to follow the SMEP plan but yesterday we were interviewing all day and then had to drive a couple of hours to the airport and we just couldn't find a good time. I feel like such a rebel, but let's just say that we followed the plan by being creative in the Oslo airport ;) I can't believe I just shared that, hahah!!! The things we do when TTC.....sorry if that was TMI :o

Good luck with all the job things Amy hope it all works out in the best way for you both!! I like your commitment to the smep :winkwink: good for you won't that be a good story to tell your little one when their older if this is your month hope you catch your egg.

Cesca sorry about the uti that sucks hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you feel better.

Allie sorry about the exam its always frustrating to be so close but as you said maybe its just not meant to be as hopefully you will be pregnant.

Raz I cant believe that dr treated you like that that is awful if anything they should be bending over backwards to help you and reassure you. Could you contact the midwife directly for support and by pass your dr.

Hearty I miss my mum alot and shes only a 3 hour drive from me I dont know how I would cope if I she was even further away I speak to her every day. It must be so hard for you but I'm glad you had a lovely time with her and hope you see her again soon.

Nato keeping everything crossed for you.

Vicky can't wait for your scan I know you must be scared but try lots of different ways to keep calm and relax we are all here and will be thinking of you I am so exicted for you.

Sassy and caz how are you both doing? Hows the throwing up girls?

CJ hope the witch goes away soon. To al the girls who are waiting to ov or are ov good luck.

:hugs: and love to everyone

Girls, I have none news. Sort of.

I did a frer this afternoon, and it’s a bfn, however…

There’s a line so faint, I had to take my contact lenses out before I could see it. It’s only visible in natural light, and without lenses in. So it’s a tenuous one, but I saw it within a couple of minutes – defo not after the 10 min deadline, and way before it was dry so its not from evaporation

erk.

OMFG Nato that's so exciting! I really hope this is your month. Would it show if you post a pic?

:happydance:

Nato I really hope it turns into a BFP! Post a pic if you can sending so much positive thoughts coming your way :hugs:

Nato i have a good feeling! Whats the most accurate test that detects the lowest amount og hcg? Cant you get one of those? Btw just so you know at the clinic where i had my bloods drawn they dont let you test with blood before 12 DPO soooo....

Ohhh Nato that sounds promising will be keeping everything crossed for you xx

Ladies, loving the talk of vibrating thermometers. That's one to certainly push on Dragon's Den :haha:

Hearty, I'm finding it better temping vaginally. Temps seem to be far steadier than last month. I lie flat on my back and can hear the beep even with my earplugs in. How sexy! The only thing about it is it can feel quite sharp first thing in the morning, if you know what I mean!

Cesca bladder infections are really common with pregnancy and nothing to worry about, although painful. I got one as soon as I got preg and had to take antibiotics. It's probably all the weeing preggers people do!

Raz your Doctor sounds like a total cow.I know Doctors have to be realistic about the mc rate, but there is no need for her to be so damn negative. I personally think they should offer an early scan for all women who've mc at least once for reassurance. When I next get a BFP, I;m just going to pay privately and do whatever it takes to get through the first 12 weeks.

Prego, I'm loving the fact that you had naughtiness in the Airoprt. Well done you!!

Hope everyone else is well.

Well I got another bloody high on the CBFM. That's now 6 in a row. I'm totally BD'd out and in a bad mood. The cheap OPK I looked looks very nearly postitive, so I don't know why I'm not getting a peak :growlmad:

xx

P.S. Nato, can you get a Superdrug one. They are the most sensitive that I know of, and worked really well for me last time!

Nato - hun if there's a line however faint, isn't that a positive? eh eh!!! am so excited for you, I agree with Sugar the superdrug ones are always the first to turn for me.... go grab a bundle and keep testing!

Yep I'll third the superdrug ones. I buy them as they are quite often on offer and cheaper than some other brands and you can get them so you can use them four days before missed period. I say get yourself to superdrug.

Picture NOW please Nato, sounds promising.xxx

Hope everyone is ok, sorry I don't have the energy to say much but wanted to pop in and say Hi.xxxxxxxxx

:hi: sassy

how you doing sweetie? hope the throwing up isnt to bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->