Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

I remember an episode of Ramsey's kitchen nightmares where he was helping out a pub that used frozen yorkshire puddings and was teaching them how to make them from scratch. The result did not look like the picture Megg uploaded but more pancake shaped. Maybe the more homemade they are the more they resemble pancakes?????

Nato when i first started working there,right after my phd in the UK i was offended by the remarks the labourers made. I complained to the boss and he looked at me like i was an alien!!!!! He said they dont mean anything by it and basically just to ignore them. To be honest it doesnt bother me anymore, but i do dress more like a bloke so that i dont encourage them.

That's bizarre that its okay. Some gals might be less resilient than you and really bothered by it. Ah well... So goes life, I suppose!

Hmm... Maybe it is the "pre-made" ones that look so pretty!

Hey girlies,

Hope your all ok, can't belive it's only Wednesday this week is dragging!!! I'm having a "good" day thank god, only 2 more sleeps until we see our lil boy again :rofl:

My moms resemble the first pick you posted Megg, but I don't know her secret, sorry. She makes hers from scratch.

Megg, I would still eat them as long as they were smothered with gravy :)
They are a difficult thing to get right. My gran used to make fantastic high rise ones. Don't know what her secret was though!
I'm having lambs liver casserole today. Some hate it, but you can't beat a bit of offal!

Well, she needs to give up her secret, Dazed! Mine were also from scratch! :wacko:

Glad its a "good" day, Sass! :hugs:

I wanted that super rise look! It didn't happen! LOL Uhm... I'm gagging at your dinner choice, sugar. That's disgusting! :sick: LOL

dawny, any reading yet? i dont have mine. I am getting impatient

Vic, i know you have no choice, but even by not being bothered, its kind of enabling as its saying that you accept their behaviour - a lovely lose-lose situation

Vicky, good for you and your tough skin. I'm so used to working with women that I can't even imagine that kind of unwanted attention at work. Eeewww.

Nato, you sound like a tough broad with your deep voice and boss like attitude!

Megg, yours don't look like the first photo, but they don't look awful either. I don't eat meat so I can't comment on the roast.

So I got a call from my father yesterday. He helps build robotic machines that do minimally invasive endoscopic surgery. When I first got my adenomyosis diagnosis, I started researching and found a few links that said there was some new cutting edge surgery being done on it with these very robots that my father helps to build! I told him about it and he said he would ask around. It doesn't hurt that he is best friends with the president of the company. Recently there was a big conference of all the hospitals, and surgeons around the world who are using these robots and my father's friend spoke to someone who marketed these robots to gynocology departments in hospitals. This guy happens to know a surgeon who specializes in adenomyosis. Apparently he's the cream of the crop. The surgeon asked for all of my records and said he would consult with me! He's in Florida which is far, but I'd be willing to go anywhere if they could help remove this tissue safely. I know it's a long shot as this condition is not easy to operate on with success, but it gives me a glimmer of hope. Obviously, we're going to keep trying regardless, but I have a new avenue to chase down. It has me very emotional today. I hate thinking about this condition I have. I'd much rather be in denial about it. But I have to face it if I want to consult with a surgeon. So on one hand I'm moving forward with getting pregnant this cycle. And on the other, I'm feeling very hopeless that this condition is the cause of my mcs. And on an invisible hand, I'm feeling excited that someone might be able to help. I'm a mess right now. This is all so hard.

Awww Hearty! YAY :happydance:. I actually want to jump up and down for you right now, but its kinda hard since I'm in my office at work.

dawny, any reading yet? i dont have mine. I am getting impatient

Vic, i know you have no choice, but even by not being bothered, its kind of enabling as its saying that you accept their behaviour - a lovely lose-lose situation

:nope: I'm impatient too she said today in the email she sent earlier and still dont have it :growlmad: xxxx

I think that sounds very promising, Hearty! I know I'd rather everything work out for you without the necessity of surgery... but I'd love for you to consult with this guy if that's not the case! :hugs: I think its a good thing... for sure. I can't imagine how torn you must feel about the whole thing... but that's why we're here! We'll always listen!

I'm doing rather good Hearty! Thanks for asking :hugs:. Keeping the PMA up, gearing up for my stay-cation starting tomorrow and ready to clean up my act (and probably my house)!

Hi Dazed

Hearty, thats very good news. I think there is more than a glimmer there even without his intervention - it may be about chance and luck, and that at some point you will have that lucky bean that sticks, or it might not even have a causal link to the tissue - but anything that increases your chances has to be damned fine news. I think even just being assessed by this surgeon is essential - if he knows his stuff, he might be able to assess your condition and let you know if he believes there to be a causal link

dawny, still no reading? i thought you were about to post what she said and we would all coo and fawn over your reading. I want a reading to coo over.

Hi Dazed

Hearty, thats very good news. I think there is more than a glimmer there even without his intervention - it may be about chance and luck, and that at some point you will have that lucky bean that sticks, or it might not even have a causal link to the tissue - but anything that increases your chances has to be damned fine news. I think even just being assessed by this surgeon is essential - if he knows his stuff, he might be able to assess your condition and let you know if he believes there to be a causal link

dawny, still no reading? i thought you were about to post what she said and we would all coo and fawn over your reading. I want a reading to coo over.

Your wish is my command :smug: xxxx

Hi hunni ok i want to mention where there is a little girl on her way to you and i want to mention a conception around december of the year an january of next , i keep being drawn to the 26th of a month , and also a link to early september of next year. I want to mention that i feel she is a very energetic baby and wont sleep very much lol , but i feel that you wont mind anyway as you will love spending time with her.

The first card i have chosen for you is The Cosmos
This is showing me where you are being told that all good things come to those who wait, i want to say where i feel that there is a lot of progress around you at the moment and you are getting to where you want to be with others areas of your life aswell.I want to mention where you have been asking for spirits help with ttc and they have and are sending this. I want to mention where im being drawn to your cycles as well and where you have been looking at this a lot or concentrating on it.

The second card is The Dream walker
This is showing me where you this is a dream of yours in a sense, and you are going to love and live every moment of your pregnancy , i want to easier you that don't see any issues with the pregnancy regarding health or your baby.

The last card is The lady of the gift
This is showing me where you are a very caring, a generous person , you are always trying to help others achieve what they want in life, and i feel that now it is your time to enjoy some of the things that you have and are going to be achieving, you are also being told to grasp life an any opportunities that come your way with both hands, don't let anything pass you by.

That sounds really promising, Amanda! Cool that your dad works with that kind of technology too! I hope you can get some more information soon :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement girls. Thanks Nato for giving me a new perspective on it. You are right, it may very well be more than a glimmer of hope and you are right, to be assessed by a surgeon who knows his stuff is an amazing opportunity. What are the odds of this? My father almost died last year after being hit by a stupid kid on a go-cart while my father was on his bicycle. He suffered a severe traumatic brain injury and was out of work for almost a year. He still hasn't gotten back on his bike and he was an avid bicyclist riding 100 miles almost every Saturday! We weren't sure he would live, let alone ever be able to go back to work again. But he's back and he's been able to get me in touch with a potential world expert in this type of surgery. I can't believe it. I actually cried when my father called me at work yesterday and told me.

I should also add that my father walked out on me and my mother when I was 6 months old and we haven't been super close. His accident and my losses have brought us a lot closer. This seals the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->