Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Great bump Cesca. So cute!

Hoping I don't see a line but it is blurry and I'm looking at it on my phone. I really hope this is a BFP for you. Your symptoms sound promising. Isn't it a cruel joke that pregnancy and AF symptoms are so similar?

It is cruel! It would be nice to have a definite sign instead of just hoping it will turn into a :bfp:.

Thanks girls for taking a look. My phone takes horrible pictures but in real life it is a shadow of a line with a touch of pink. I am now thinking it is actually an evap because I had a spot of brown/red. Oh well! I've scheduled my chromosome testing for next Monday so at least I have something to look forward to. On a good note I just got a promotion today:D

Minniemone- I have not had a period since my mc in October. I thought about waiting to try but I just can't make my self do it so I settled for NTNP. If you decide to try I wish you the best of luck:thumbup:

Megg & Allie- I am so jealous you both get to see Harry Potter tonight! My hubby hates the big crowds on opening night so we plan on seeing it next week.

Lucy- i forget how much my husband has been through as well sometimes... they put on a good front don't they? We had an agrument once because I thought he didn't care as much about our losses as I did. He told me that he misses them as much as I do but he doesn't show it because he has to be strong for me and keep me positive.

Congrats on your promotion, Amber! :hugs: Hope a sticky BFP comes with it!

Thanks Megg:D In a perfect world I would get both but af just flew in with a vengeance! So tonight I plan on eating some good food and drown myself in a bottle of wine to celebrate and take the edge off of these awful cramps.

Hoping (is your name Amber?), congrats on the promotion and in some ways, I want to say congrats on AF too. I know you were NTNP this cycle, but at least you know for sure now that your body has done its healing and is back on track. I hope you get some answers from the chromosome testing. Do you have any other tests scheduled?

Lucy, Steve is such a keeper. How lovely that he acknowledged your losses. Tim doesn’t really ever say things like that, but he will try to divert my eyes any time he sees a baby or a pregnant woman. He’s on high alert and it’s very sweet. Sounds like you had a super busy day. How is your body feeling?

Sassy, thanks for asking. I’ve finished my five days of meds and am now just waiting and hoping to Ov much earlier than I have in the past. I’m on CD 9. I’m going to go buy my cough syrup tonight and I think our BD marathon is going to start tonight as well! We’ve decided to BD every other day through Ov. That way, Tim won’t feel pressured. We just have an agreement that it will be every other day until I say stop.

Heulyn, congrats woman! What a relief it must be to know your baby is sticky and healthy. Please keep us posted.

Megg, I’m super jealous you can watch H.P. without the crowds! Enjoy.

Allie, I’m glad Megg answered your question because I had no idea! Enjoy Harry Potter.

Mone, thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like you have a lot of dilemmas/decisions to make. To try or not to try. To take metformin or not. Why aren’t there easy answers to these questions? I’m rooting for you.

I figure Nato is busy BD’ing. She got her positive OPK. And you’re right Mone, she’s probably trying to sort out the soft cups! :rofl:

I knew CJ was moving and starting her pub, but I thought for sure she would find a way to check in. I’m dying to know if she caught the egg!!!

I'm wondering about CJ too! Hmm...

Boo @ AF, Amber! :hugs: Enjoy the food and wine!

I've had a lazy day, got something posted that I procrastinated about forever, I had delicious take away for dinner (cheesy and bacony), Harry Potter tonight, and no BCP! I'm a happy girl!

OMG!!! Girls I am sooooo sorry!!! The pub we are in is solid oak beams and thiiiick stone walls. I havent even had signal on my mobile! Its hell LOL!!!

I hope that you are all ok. Megg I am thinking of you, I know big times are a coming!!!!n Xmas BFP please! Amber sorry / but happy for AF, and congrats on the promo!!! Wonderful news.

Amanda hunni, good luck with OV!!!!!! Lets hope its sooner.

I KNOW I have missed so much and I really dont have time to read so I apologise now. Please let me know how you are doing. Cesca, Sass, Lucy, Megg, Amanda, Amy, Sarah, Amber, Sugar, Nato... ALL of you.... BIG HUGS!!!!!

Quick update from me...af is due roughly 23rd. I have had ZERO time to chart. But I have had the worst crippling heartburn EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! And tonight I had to have kebab with raw CHILLIS!!! I NEVER in my life have eaten chillis like that. I cant even handle a hot curry. And I ate 3!!!!!!! Cant really comment on much else. The pub is AWESOME!!!! Been manic with customers, cleaning, lighting fires in a beautiful fireplace...just busy busy busy. If I get heartburn like this tomorrow I think I will get a test tomorrow, sod it!!! LOL!!! I should be 11DPO??

I love you all muchly! Will try get on more now I have found a spot for signal in this pub. 3 floors!!!!!!! MASSIVE. Will post some pics!

There she is!!! :hi: HI CJ!!!

Sounds like you've been super busy. I hope these are pregnancy symptoms you are feeling. Please keep us posted if you test tomorrow. But remember, it may be far too early to test. Fx'd for you!!!

Okay, girls. I need opinions. Obviously, I'm going to decide for myself... but I want input. And, I want more than just a number as an answer... I need reasons why. Here's the question:

Since I have to choose myself how many embies to have put back, what would you do?

A. 1 - no matter what
B. 2 - no matter what
C. 3 - no matter what
D. 1 blasties or 2 embies
E. 2 blasties or 3 embies
F. Undecided until we know the quality

From a site where someone else was asking for advice:

"If you are young and/or have some great looking embryos, I say no more than 2. If you are older and/or don't have stellar embryos 3 may be transferred. With clinics that follow these Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) guidelines, IVF twin rates adverage 20.3% and triplet rates are close to 1%. And, with 1 embryo transferred back to you there is a statistically significant reduction in the likelihood of live birth. Ironically enough, transferring more than 1 does not greatly increase your chance of multiples but does increase your odds of conception."

"We were told that for each embryo transferred (after 2) the chance of having multiples only goes up 2-3%"

Megg, before I can make an informed opinion, I need a little education. What's the difference between a blastie and an embie?

Megg, I'd say E! Personally I would not mind twins in the slightest, and it seem that it may improve your chances just enough. Your not looking to become Octomom here, but even if you got 3 out of it, I think you'd have enough love to care for all of them. Much Love!

I totally think Megg should be the next octomum :haha: Whatever gives the best chances, that is what I would do

CJ your pub sounds awesome!!! That's exciting!

Megg I'm with Mel on this one; whichever option gives you the best chances for the most babies sounds good :haha:

Hoping (is your name Amber?), congrats on the promotion and in some ways, I want to say congrats on AF too. I know you were NTNP this cycle, but at least you know for sure now that your body has done its healing and is back on track. I hope you get some answers from the chromosome testing. Do you have any other tests scheduled?

Yep, my name is Amber:D That is exactly what I was thinking... at least my body is done healing! I can't schedule my other testings (saline ultrasound and cd 3 testing) until my 2nd cycle:dohh:

Thx Megg! I did enjoy my food and wine... actually it was jambalaya and beer:)
I think I would go with option E as well... the odds look a lot better!

CJ your crippling heart burn sounds very promising:thumbup: And congrats again on the new pub! I hope you get a nice :bfp: to go along with it!

Thank you, girls! I appreciate it! That seems to be the consensus! :)

Megg, before I can make an informed opinion, I need a little education. What's the difference between a blastie and an embie?

Embryos are on day 3 of growth. There's no way to know if they can actually go on to implant or not. But, when they aren't growing super well in the lab or if there aren't very many eggs that fertilized, they want to put them in sooner rather than waiting and possibly losing them. If they go to day 5, they're blastocysts. That's when a "baby" usually implants. If they go to blastocyst, they'll be able to do the assisted hatching and they SHOULD be able to implant, by all rights and purposes. Still, its rare for ALL to implant.

From a site where someone else was asking for advice:

"If you are young and/or have some great looking embryos, I say no more than 2. If you are older and/or don't have stellar embryos 3 may be transferred. With clinics that follow these Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) guidelines, IVF twin rates adverage 20.3% and triplet rates are close to 1%. And, with 1 embryo transferred back to you there is a statistically significant reduction in the likelihood of live birth. Ironically enough, transferring more than 1 does not greatly increase your chance of multiples but does increase your odds of conception."

"We were told that for each embryo transferred (after 2) the chance of having multiples only goes up 2-3%"

I figure when it comes down to it, I'll take the path of least regret. No baby would be most regrettable. Triplets would come secondary to that. So, I suppose I'll end up going for 3 unless the doctor really doesn't think I should. I'll take his opinion if he offers one!

Btw, Harry Potter was good! It was a bit long and a little slow in some parts. But, it was very good. I enjoyed it. It was much darker than the last ones though... And the next will be even darker!

Megg i would go for F, im always making decisions based on concrete data that way i can deal with the outcome better.
Alot of Harry Potter mania going around! I think ive seen 3 of them and then it got a bit boring for me...I thought this was gonna be the last one?

Megg i would go for F, im always making decisions based on concrete data that way i can deal with the outcome better.
Alot of Harry Potter mania going around! I think ive seen 3 of them and then it got a bit boring for me...I thought this was gonna be the last one?

Well, F is always going to be the main choice... but I can't live with a "I'll wait and see"... I have to know in the back of my mind what I would prefer whilst I'm still thinking straight. I worry that in the heat of the moment with little time to decide that I could make a rash decision. So, I'm trying to go over as many of the potential circumstances as I can and make a decision for each one. I wish I could make snap decisions like that. But, I'm bad at it! I'm a Pisces! LOL

This is the last one, sort of... Its part 1 of 2. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->