Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Thanks babes. I'm also kind of happy that I'm bleeding because my body is saying it is time to end this. My boobs haven't hurt for a few days and I never got nausea. I'm hoping this means my hcg will go down a lot faster than the last 2 times and that I'll get AF a lot sooner. It took me almost 2 months to get AF both other times. So yeah, I'm actually in a better place today than I was yesterday. It is so so strange. I also know now that I made the right decision to schedule the D&C tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't opt to wait until Monday or try to wait until after my vacation. I feel validated.

I'm going to get through this, I can see that now. It feels really good.

I'm getting my hair done as long as I'm not in excruciating pain today. Thanks for the advice ladies. I knew I could count on you!!!

Good morning girlies!! :)

Wow, I have missed alot. So....we've been 'stealing' the neighbors internet since we moved and they found out-oops- so now we no longer have free internet. :blush: We aren't getting our own until Tuesday *sob* What will I do without you girls? I'm actually sitting in a coffee shop before work right now just so I could get caught up on everything!

Vicky, your posts had me LMAO here sipping my latte!! I want to see a pic of this hot doc......

Mel, WOOHOO! Congrats babe!! :hugs: Hmmm, I'm saying boy too but I it may just be the fact that everyone's leaning that way.

And hearty, big massive :hug:. It sounds like a 'normal' miscarriage to me and I'm glad you are finding comfort in that. That being said, I'm with Jaymes and think you should stay home today since you are bleeding and call your doc. I'm also so glad your colleagues are being so supportive. :hugs:

Well, I've gotta run and get to work....

Allie - we will miss you too! At least it is only a few days, and you will have it again. Have a good day at work:)

Hearty - in the scheme of things, I am glad to hear that it is a natural miscarriage. When I had mine, I had a clot come out first and then the bleeding started to happen. The bleeding wasn't anything major, and the mc was over in a matter of hours. A couple days later was when I started having cramps, and the bleeding was light and only lasted for a few days. Once the bleeding stops, your cycle should return to normal, and you can start testing for ovulation.

Definitely go get your hair done still. If you do start getting cramps, I would take some advil or something for it. Maybe lay down and rest for awhile too. If you feel up to it, meet with your client (if it is a long meeting, I would reschedule). But by no means should you feel obligated to have to meet with the client.

Oh, thanks Mel. That's kind of what I needed to hear, a first hand experience of this. Sorry to make you relive it, but I really appreciate it. I keep feeling like this is just going to be like a period. I was thinking I would just have a lot of pads and advil on hand today, but may try to go about my day as normal. I don't need to decide about my client for a few more hours, so I'm going to wait it out a little longer and see.

Allie, you naughty girl! We'll miss you honey bun. See you back here soon.

My situation was very similar to mel's. well I spotted brown discharge for a couple of days, but then the bleeding started. Mine lasted a little longer, actually had contraction-like cramps that came in waves for about an hour with heavy clotting, and then it was over...just light bleeding for the rest of the week. Then AF came 29 days later, but I am not sure if I oved that cycle or not. My HCG levels were at zero at about 3 weeks, so I must have had some stuff left over.
Of course I was upset, but I focused hard on an important conference I had that week and gave a presentation to a large audience the day after all of this. I had to continue on with normal life--whether that was a good idea or not, I don't know. Some people told me I should have taken longer to grieve, but I guess that's just not me.

Anyway, I am glad that you find comfort in knowing this is a normal MC. How sad that we in this group consider this kind of stuff normal though? Makes me sad somehow.

So, go out and get your hair done so you can enjoy your beach vacation knowing you look hot :)

It pretty much was just like a period for sure, just with higher emotions of what was happening. My cousin and I went to the shopping mall for awhile, and then we went to get ice cream and just drove to a spot and parked while we ate our cones and talked. Then we drove around a little bit, and she took me back to my hotel where I had a nap for a couple of hours. I remember waking up and remembering what had happened and felt like I was in a nightmare. I ended up going back to the mall for a little bit again, and I think distracting myself helped some for sure.

I hope this is all over quickly for you so your body can get back to normal. Will your doctor do blood tests for you to monitor when your hcg levels have reached 0?

I think it is good that we can share our experiences as well. It helps the healing.

You girls are great. When I woke up this morning it was some pink blood when I wiped. Now there is just some brown blood when I wipe. No cramping and no real bleeding. I think I'm still going to get the D&C tomorrow because I really don't want to have to deal with this on the plane. I also think I might go on with my day as planned. I'm going to pop some advil now just in case and wear a pad, black pants and a long shirt to cover my bum. I'll go meet with my client because honestly I know she needs me and it will make me feel better knowing I'm doing something productive. Then I'll go get my hair done. Of course, if I have any severe symptoms, I'll go see my doctor. I can't believe how peaceful I feel right now. Reading your experiences has helped me tremendously. Especially knowing that Mel has a little heartbeat in her belly right now. It makes me hopeful. Love you girls.

I'll check in later and let you know how I'm doing. Hope you all are having a lovely day.

xoxo

Try to enjoy your day today and not think about what is going on......thinking of you!

xoxoxo

Good morning girlies!! :)

Wow, I have missed alot. So....we've been 'stealing' the neighbors internet since we moved and they found out-oops- so now we no longer have free internet. :blush: We aren't getting our own until Tuesday *sob* What will I do without you girls? I'm actually sitting in a coffee shop before work right now just so I could get caught up on everything!

Vicky, your posts had me LMAO here sipping my latte!! I want to see a pic of this hot doc......

Mel, WOOHOO! Congrats babe!! :hugs: Hmmm, I'm saying boy too but I it may just be the fact that everyone's leaning that way.

And hearty, big massive :hug:. It sounds like a 'normal' miscarriage to me and I'm glad you are finding comfort in that. That being said, I'm with Jaymes and think you should stay home today since you are bleeding and call your doc. I'm also so glad your colleagues are being so supportive. :hugs:

Well, I've gotta run and get to work....

Your neighbours suck!!!! We let both our neighbours steal our internet!!!! We made a deal that they can have our internet if occasionally they walk our dog if were really late getting back from work.

Hearty are you gonna have a radical hair change?? After my last mmc i went from black hair to tons of various colour highlights at least 3 shades lighter. I needed to get rid of the "dark" surrounding my head!!

So im off to my parent's for dinner, ill log on later this evening so you all better have amusing shit for me to read ok????

:rofl: Vicky. Hope you have a great dinner.....what are you having??? i'm totally into food these days:)

I have no idea...Hopefully its not fish (we eat tons of fish in my family) im fancying some pasta but since my neurotic sister will be there we will probably have lettuce and broccoli....She is the most disciplined person i know when it comes to food and makes everyone else around her feel guilty for eating say a peice of cheese with their lettuce GRRRRR!!!!

oh that sucks! After my ultrasounds yesterday, I went and had waffles that I have been craving. Then a few hours later I went and had a chinese food buffet for lunch. Then I decided I wanted KFC and Subway!! So I brought home the KFC for supper, and I have Subway for lunch today. Food is so good right now, lol!

hey girls,

Been catching up on all the posts you guys make me laugh so much love you all.

:rofl::rofl:

Mel oh my god thats great news and that pic wow its just perfect I got a bit teary reading your post and then seeing your pic. I'm so happy for you. As far as the food you go for it eat whatever you want. I'm now wanting chinese hmmmm.

Amanda hope your doing okay today and your alright at work sending you massive :hugs: Oh and I want a pic of your hair!!

AFM: well I caved and tested today and it was BFN :cry: I think it may be a bit to early I've been back over my dates and wasn't sure whether I used the spotting as first day (which means I'd be due today) or if I use the day I started bleeding properly (which means I'd be due monday).

Thanks Lucy! I just ate a lot of grapes (had to move the bag away from me), and now I am totally bloated! ugh!

I'm sorry about your BFN. It could be too early yet. Wait until Monday and then test again. I am sending you lots of PMA! :dust:

Its quiet in here today! :(

Ovaries still on vacation apparently! :growlmad:

Went to see Sorcerer's Apprentice today... It was FANTABULOUS!!! :yipee:

yes, very quiet indeed. I am afraid we are not responding to Vicky's request of giving her something to read when she gets back from dinner:dohh:

wow! yesterday when I was at my Dr appt, he had sent a letter off to the gyno stating my mom's history (having to be stitched at 3 months and 5 months in her pregnancies), as well as mine, and he told me to expect a phone call as they will probably want to see me. Well, they just called! I am amazed at how quick that was. So now I have to go see the gyno on July 29th (6 hour drive away). I'm a little nervous.

Ooh! 6 hours?!?! Wow! That was quick though! Glad they're on top of things! Don't be nervous! They'll take care of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->